Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three weeks ago..  (Read 884 times)
bits4books (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:28:07 AM

Actually, not even three weeks ago. On 20.11.13 13:48 I was certain bitcoin was done for. I sold out everything i had for $427.902.

And once again I sat there in awe as it recovered. 539.98 USD is when I bought back in, and it never looked back.

We're witnessing the same thing bitcoin has taught us so many times. Open your eyes and look at the history. This is a temporary "crash", and this certainly isn't the end of bitcoin.

Don't be a fool.
zuckerant

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:50:05 AM

Sure. But if you need the money in 2 months and the recovery takes 4 months you are out of luck.  Grin
bits4books (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:55:54 AM

Sure. But if you need the money in 2 months and the recovery takes 4 months you are out of luck.  Grin

Well if you need the money in 2 months, you're doing it wrong.

You should never need the money.

However, you should be fully aware of the trend bitcoin has followed EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It may not be today, and it may not be a month from now, but it WILL go above what you paid for it.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:05:52 AM

The big crashes seem to be caused by big events. Earlier this year it was Gox, this time it's the chinese. If we can recover from the only real trading central at the time exploding, we can recover from one country losing interest. Give it time.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:17:05 AM

The big crashes seem to be caused by big events. Earlier this year it was Gox, this time it's the chinese. If we can recover from the only real trading central at the time exploding, we can recover from one country losing interest. Give it time.

Big events contribute to or catalyze crashes, but crashes are primarily caused by over-extended run ups in the price.  We danced this dance many times before.  The price needs more time at lower levels to solidify those levels in the hive mind of the market.  After a while the market will very likely move up again and set new highs on the way to the next overextension and crash.  This will happen again at new highs.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

I think you're confusing "caused by" with "coincidental with". Big crashes are caused by big bubbles. Once a bubble is large enough, any pin is enough to pop it. There are many news stories that COULD have crashed bitcoin but didn't (like SR going down), because the bubble wasn't ready to pop yet.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:06:43 PM

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:09:49 PM

already rising , china failed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: