Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 08:29:25 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rugatu.com  (Read 1807 times)
Les (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:12:25 PM

I've ben checking out Rugatu.com lately, seems like a great idea and I really don't know why no one had done it before. What do you think of it?

Visit (rugatu.com) if you haven't been ther yet. Really worth it!!
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:57:57 PM

I'm on Rugatu but it always seems as if within seconds of posting a question it's already answered. Almost as if there's auto Googling bots. Tongue

Les (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:02:50 PM

lol so true although good answers take a couple of days to show up
vosovich

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:41:09 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 12:19:30 AM by vosovich

I've been engaging on rugatu a little bit, lately. I think it is an excellent concept, but I suspect that there is a small group of users who are colluding.

Take a look at who is accepting answers. It seems like the user cscoxx and some other users are colluding to grab the rewards. Check out his profile and dig through his history. Note the low quality of the accepted answers that he is involved in. I'm not sure how and where exactly he is profiting (he DOES ask (very random) questions himself, but then goes on to accept extremely low quality answers) but something is up. I hope he's just manipulating the system to gain karma, but right now I'm not sending any BTC to rugatu.

edit: Ugh, note to self: search bitcointalk before engaging in anything related to bitcoin. This issue is not new and has been happening for a long time. I'm removing all my answers and won't come back. Might as well annoy them a little  Grin
vosovich

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:25:44 AM

Ah, I wasn't paying attention.

Everyone please note that the OP (Les) is one of the few people (or alter egos) raking in all the rewards.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:40:41 AM

I've visited that site here and there and it's ok from what I've seen but I didn't see anything very special about it.  I'd say bookmark it and try it out and make your own decision about it and post your experience for others.

Les (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:05:19 PM

Ah, I wasn't paying attention.

Everyone please note that the OP (Les) is one of the few people (or alter egos) raking in all the rewards.

Yes , of course!
I discovered the site early this month and really liked it, I've been fairly active and aleady collected a few rewards and badges.That is why I show up: I asked my questions and also answered my fair share of questions. I hope it doesn't bother in any way, you can check my profile over there and see the info for yourself.
Les (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:15:36 PM

I've been engaging on rugatu a little bit, lately. I think it is an excellent concept, but I suspect that there is a small group of users who are colluding.

Take a look at who is accepting answers. It seems like the user cscoxx and some other users are colluding to grab the rewards. Check out his profile and dig through his history. Note the low quality of the accepted answers that he is involved in. I'm not sure how and where exactly he is profiting (he DOES ask (very random) questions himself, but then goes on to accept extremely low quality answers) but something is up. I hope he's just manipulating the system to gain karma, but right now I'm not sending any BTC to rugatu.

edit: Ugh, note to self: search bitcointalk before engaging in anything related to bitcoin. This issue is not new and has been happening for a long time. I'm removing all my answers and won't come back. Might as well annoy them a little  Grin
Hahahaha I see what you did there... I understand that you may not like it. The reason cscoxx and other users show up everywhere is that they are the most active senior users and have earned certain "admin rights" that come with lots of karma. So, they moderate, comment, etc. Ideally the community will grow and become more stable and smooth working, but I completely understand your point in checking at sites like this one first.
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:36:42 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 07:52:59 PM by splat44

edit: Ugh, note to self: search bitcointalk before engaging in anything related to bitcoin. This issue is not new and has been happening for a long time. I'm removing all my answers and won't come back. Might as well annoy them a little  Grin
Hahahaha I see what you did there... I understand that you may not like it. The reason cscoxx and other users show up everywhere is that they are the most active senior users and have earned certain "admin rights" that come with lots of karma. So, they moderate, comment, etc. Ideally the community will grow and become more stable and smooth working, but I completely understand your point in checking at sites like this one first.

I'll reluctant using using word as colluding as vosovich seem putting are those having experiences based on questions asked and not by manipulation. Les provided an excellent comment! This csoxx is one of the admin since another one as paraipan has some heath issue which he paraipan told me by email!

I'm on Rugatu but it always seems as if within seconds of posting a question it's already answered. Almost as if there's auto Googling bots. Tongue
I assure this isn't entire true as all answers are being posted by human (members)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: