Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken tier 3 verification  (Read 5779 times)
weg (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:16:47 PM

Hi guys,

I'm newbie and can't post in the Kraken topics directly, thus a short question here.

Kraken gives possibility for tear 3 verification via bank/credit card statements as proof of address. Has somebody already done this? If yes did you send the plain copy of the statement or did you black out sensitive data (credit-card number, detailed transaction info, etc.). I would prefer not to give such information "just like that".

Thanks for you help,

Weg

P.S. I've already tired to contact Kraken guys directly over their web page, however I still didn't get any feedback - guess they have quite much to do at the moment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:19:56 AM

Hi guys,

I'm newbie and can't post in the Kraken topics directly, thus a short question here.

Kraken gives possibility for tear 3 verification via bank/credit card statements as proof of address. Has somebody already done this? If yes did you send the plain copy of the statement or did you black out sensitive data (credit-card number, detailed transaction info, etc.). I would prefer not to give such information "just like that".

Thanks for you help,

Weg

P.S. I've already tired to contact Kraken guys directly over their web page, however I still didn't get any feedback - guess they have quite much to do at the moment

It's OK to black out your bank or credit card account numbers. What we need from your bank or credit card statement is your full name, an address that matches what you gave us in tier 2, a date showing that the doc is less than 3 months old, and we need to be able to identify the issuer of the statement, so we need to see the bank/cc name and logo.

Please note that it's not OK to black out stuff on your ID scan though - we need to see all that info because pretty much all of it is your identifying information and we are using the doc to identify you.
GMK

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:34:44 PM

Sorry in advance because I don't know where to post this warning.

I suggest everybody TO KEEP AWAY from the exchange platform called KRAKEN. They manipulate accounts using pwds and they steal cryptos from balance. Their security is fake, and their excuses, more.

Greetings
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:55:09 PM

GMK- 
I think you should post some info proving your statements or people will dismiss you as someone who is angry and trying to make false claims. 
If you have at least some kind of proof- chatlogs, screenshots, an explanation to why they are a "scam", people will be much more likely to listen to you.

GMK

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:08:30 PM

GMK- 
I think you should post some info proving your statements or people will dismiss you as someone who is angry and trying to make false claims. 
If you have at least some kind of proof- chatlogs, screenshots, an explanation to why they are a "scam", people will be much more likely to listen to you.

1) I am not angry, just disappointed..I'm aware that any kind of money not in my pockets is unsafe and at risk, then I accept it can happen
2) I want to keep my privacy, so I don't want to show screenshots of my account, the stolen amount, etc.
3) I would just give an advice to future victims..If you and/or them don't trust me, it's your problem, not mine. You will be surely...krakened?! Smiley
4) I have no personal interest to accuse an exchange just to have visibility or replies on a forum.
5) Kraken has very bad security countermeasures: their 2-factor protection is removable WITHOUT any password, any withdrawal is available with no email confirmation, no SMS confirmation etc.
6) Read this part of email I've received by them: "We detected a suspicious login on your Kraken account this morning. As a precaution, all withdrawals from your account are presently being placed on hold. In order to restore withdrawal functionality to your account, you will need to contact support (support@kraken.com). Note: other functionality on your account, including trading, may still be active." VERY GOOD, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I'VE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL AT 10PM WHILE MY BALANCE HAS BEEN COMPLETELY EMPTIED AT 5.30PM  Grin
7) They spam advices about phishing and they allude I have been a victim. Unfortunately for them, I never digited anymore username and password simply because when I opened the account I stored them in the memory of my browser.
Cool When I expose these FACTS to their support, they NEVER reply

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: