Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:52:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will this market collapse in May 2018  (Read 503 times)
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:31:28 PM

I do not think that the market may have some problems this may.hope on the that increasingly contrary will become even better and more promising
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlexKr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:38:13 PM

I fully agree with the opinion expressed. The market has been falling for too long. I see no reason why the market should fall in May.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 04:46:20 PM

Is a market collapse in May 2018 imminent!

I hope not but Bitcoins drop from approx 9950 USD to approx 9350 USD (depends on what exchange you use) took everyone by surprise
In my opinion BTC is losing dominance and does not have the momentum to break these levels (10K)
People are buying ALTS instead of BTC because they think that larger gains are possible.
Bitcoin still drives the market at the moment.
If Bitcoin suffers so do the ALTS

IF

ETH can gain more dominance along with some other ALTS the market trend will not be driven by Bitcoin

Therefore I believe we are at a junction where the market decides what they want making for an extremely volatile time.

If Bitcoin takes a dive to 9K now it could trigger a market collapse

Chart analyst do not take into consideration the psychology of the market participants and over 95% of them did not see this drop to 9300 USD: A lot of them bought in at 9950 USD and got burnt and are now facing a situation where the market could go into freefall if 9K is breached.

This is a theory and I HOPE I AM WRONG

Part of me feels like you are being sarcastic?
Why would you get so dramatic over such a small price decrease?
Also, the numbers you give are just so arbitrary.  Where did you get the number, "over 95% of them did not see this drop to 9300 USD"?
Yeah, you just made that up.

There is no reason for btc to cause a collapse in the market place.
It is still the only real world way to cash at, literally.
There are some avenues where you can do it with eth, but not nearly as accessible as btc.

As people pump money into alts (like now).  And the market pushes forward, there are many who have selling points (10k for btc is a great selling point for those who bought btc when it was 7k).  As they start cashing out, that money will go through btc than on to fiat and drive the overall market forward in a cycle of price corrections and pumps.

So stop prophesying that it's all doom and gloom if btc goes back to 9k.
Instead, take advantage of the market and make profit.
(btw, just holding forever isn't the way to do it.  Smart, informed trading decisions will)

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:10:09 PM

OP, you may want to tell your prophet -actually, your naysayer- that such a wishful collapse isn't going to be possible in May. Not even anytime at all will that be possible. Yes, we quite agree that there is always an annual correction on Bitcoin, almost like a yearly ritual. And I believe this 2018 has seen that correction which stretched to almost three months from mid January to April. But speaking of a total collapse? Nay, that isn't going to happen.

Already, the market has started showing signs of recovery. We don't see any doom.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Always funny when members who have been here for just a few months predict doom and gloom.  Grin
Luclfer

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:13:20 PM

I think that in may the market will continue its growth. But in June, most likely he will start to fall. And then it will be necessary to wait for the winter to the market again began to go up.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:29:58 PM

Is a market collapse in May 2018 imminent!

I hope not but Bitcoins drop from approx 9950 USD to approx 9350 USD (depends on what exchange you use) took everyone by surprise
In my opinion BTC is losing dominance and does not have the momentum to break these levels (10K)
People are buying ALTS instead of BTC because they think that larger gains are possible.
Bitcoin still drives the market at the moment.
If Bitcoin suffers so do the ALTS

IF

ETH can gain more dominance along with some other ALTS the market trend will not be driven by Bitcoin

Therefore I believe we are at a junction where the market decides what they want making for an extremely volatile time.

If Bitcoin takes a dive to 9K now it could trigger a market collapse

Chart analyst do not take into consideration the psychology of the market participants and over 95% of them did not see this drop to 9300 USD: A lot of them bought in at 9950 USD and got burnt and are now facing a situation where the market could go into freefall if 9K is breached.

This is a theory and I HOPE I AM WRONG

Although the dip also took me by surprise, as I was hoping it would break the 10K resistance, I don't think the market will be collapsing. It is a normal price fluctuation. In the past month we have seen a couple of these dips (ie. April 15 from USD 8370 to 7900 & April 24 from USD 9672 to 8856 on April 25th), only for BTC to recover. I don't think there is any need to panic from one more dip.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:32:06 PM

I hope not Sad. But as I can see there are a lot of predictions that ETH price will dump back to 500$ and Bitcoin price will be under 9k$ in next week at least Sad. I have waited for months to see the whole market retrieve so I feel a little bit nervous when I saw these predictions, hope it'll not happen the same like these predictions Sad

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████