Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:00:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jalapeno mining  (Read 542 times)
MrCharrington (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:43:39 PM

Hi guys,

I ordered a Jally with upgrade back in May and it finally arrived a few days ago.

I'm having trouble getting CGminer to run on my mac with it so just use bitminter but running at an average hash rate of 7.5gh/s the payout's are wooful!

Is it because I haven't setting right? Is the pool too large?? Surely I should be making more than 0.005 coins per day?? I've listed it on ebay and will get my investment money back at least but i'm afraid to go through with the sale now incase i've something wrong and should be mining more than I am.

Thanks

MrCharrington

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

.005BTC/day is about right for 7.5GH/s. In a few days you'll be getting even less due to the rapidly increasing difficulty.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:35:56 PM

Hi guys,

I ordered a Jally with upgrade back in May and it finally arrived a few days ago.

I'm having trouble getting CGminer to run on my mac with it so just use bitminter but running at an average hash rate of 7.5gh/s the payout's are wooful!

Is it because I haven't setting right? Is the pool too large?? Surely I should be making more than 0.005 coins per day?? I've listed it on ebay and will get my investment money back at least but i'm afraid to go through with the sale now incase i've something wrong and should be mining more than I am.

Thanks

MrCharrington

Basic preorder problem. At the time you orderer it seemed a good deal I suppose, but now the difficulty rose and can maybe break even if you sell your hardware

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:39:30 PM

At today difficulty 707,408,256 you should mine 0.0053 BTC daily
http://allchains.info/calc.html
MrCharrington (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:23:08 PM

.005BTC/day is about right for 7.5GH/s. In a few days you'll be getting even less due to the rapidly increasing difficulty.

Yeah i was afraid of that. Didn't think entry level ASIC's would become redundant so quickly though. Anyone know if mining through the Alternatepool is anyway more profitable?

BeerPimp

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:00:59 PM

I would mine BTC just to get some coins.  You could also look at PPC but watch the profitability charts.  Right now BTC is better than PPC.  Also don't forget that the hardware has significant value.  If you preorded it in May than it is very possible its worth 3 times what you have payed for it.  If you have a Ebay account with a decent amount of feedback I would think about selling it there when you decide to.  But you will might as well mine with it now and watch the market for miners on Ebay.  When it looks like the market is slipping for BFL Jalapenos sell it.  But if you look at Ebay currently they are going for crazy money.  $500 easily and some are going for $600 and $700.
wilmergreat

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:10:18 PM

Mine alt coins that stays from 5th to 30th position with the altcoin charts. These charts are not profitable right now. However, as time goes these coins earn you a greater profit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: