Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 05:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middlecoin - multiple miners  (Read 2882 times)
cpmessina (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:12:20 PM

Since I can only post in this forum I'm hoping for the best from some folks who know middlecoin.

I just started mining, I've got a single GPU set up at home currently dribbling out about 70 kh/s (new AMD card is in the mail - yay!).  I've got another computer at home that I could start using, and another computer at work that I could possibly start using as well.

My question is, since middlecoin.com doesn't create a username/pwd and separate workers, you just sign into it with your wallet - can I have the three separate computers sign in using the same wallet?  Will that screw up the accounting, or will it just aggregate the hashrate and payouts for all three?

Or, am I just better using a separate wallet for each miner?

Thanks in advance!
LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:17:31 PM

You can point all miner to the same address giving you really high hashrate but you won't know if any of your miner went offline... its your choice Smiley

cpmessina (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:21:44 PM

That'll work, thank you for the prompt reply!
limburatorul

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:57:59 PM

To answer in a more explanatory way.
The multi GPU mining rigs act like they are separate computers as well. I got a 5970 and a 7950 in my mining rig. Thats a total of 3 GPU's.
You can make the cgminer config in a way that each GPU would mine a different coin (diff. pool) by stating an address and user/pass for each of them, or just leave one pool with user/pass and all the GPU's run that.

So the short answer, as it was answered before, is yes. Otherwise people would have to create lots of accounts in order to use more mining rigs
turnin

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:45:18 AM

curious to know
1/ How did you get on with your 70 kh/s .  I'm doing 89kh/s but nothing is in the mail lol Smiley
CPU as one worker 36kh/s
on board graphics as another 53kh/s

I have a few messages that say
stratum recv_line failed
stratum connection interrupted

is this normal or is it a bad sign
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: