Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-12-07 LA TIMES: Don't you feel silly now?  (Read 2268 times)
T.Stuart (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:14:59 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 08:52:30 PM by T.Stuart

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-the-bitcoin-crash-20131207,0,7011276.story#axzz2mo0wbeeG

Just in case you needed to learn the definition of smug bastard!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:17:45 PM

Oh, I just can't wait to ask him that same question in a few days/weeks/months Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:23:33 PM

Wow.  A rare article in the LA Times.  They really don't publish much about BTC and then this is what we get???

What is silly is NOT buying any right now.  I would be buying more if all my extra fiat was not already tied up in BTC.  Am I bummed it has gone down a little?  It is just part of the process here.  Normal stuff really.  I was hoping that these "corrections" or "crashes" or whatever you want to call them would start to lesson percentage wise.  I was thinking it would only be 30% or so this time, but it will just go up again and then "crash" again at a higher level and so on and so on all the way to $100,000.  Will it be silly then that I held or silly that people did not buy any?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:59:01 PM

I feel so silly, coins from 1$ to 700$, i am so silly

If only i invested in lehman brother, if only...

No wait! I do not feel silly!

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:05:09 PM

we will always have that kind of press  Cheesy . you also have that with gold, stocks, etc etc

these guys MUST write something.

papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:08:28 PM

remember those days with $150 strong hold?

here comes the $700

when it was $150stronghold + CHINA rally + Senate Meeting = price shoots up $1000+

now that it is on $700stronghold + (I dnt know yet) +  (I dnt know yet) = New PRICE HERE....

let's not forget that the $1000+mark caused a lot of "MORE ATTENTION" than the first $100+mark... when bitcoin got to $100... it got a couple of attention and around 1400%+ increase in mining difficulty... which means more people are mining + ASICs coming in...

YES THE AUTHOR OF THAT ARTICLE IS SILLY! LOL...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:22:31 PM

The trouble with these articles is that there are some people that understand enough about Bitcoin that they've played their hands well during this blow-off, because they're confident about the long-term. They bought low and sold high. They bought expensive items at the apex, and maybe bought some cheaper goods during the slide. And so they are feeling satisfied and validated, not silly.

These well educated, careful market-playing Bitcoiners are only increasing in number. Their fascination with delving into how it works and for the new innovations in the works for the system will only consolidate their confidence further. Prices hit another new order of magnitude, and more new people come in to take a look into this rabbit hole. And so it will continue.

Vires in numeris
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:55:32 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 08:07:32 PM by aigeezer

According to Gox, BTC is only UP "change: +136.47%" on the last 30 days. Clearly a disaster, if you're a certain kind of journalist.

Edit: I can't resist adding this one: "change: +24975.40%" - it's the 2 year summary from Gox. Gotta write a story about the 7 day "crash" though - editor's orders.

knarzo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:08:16 PM

According to Gox, BTC is only UP "change: +136.47%" on the last 30 days. Clearly a disaster, if you're a certain kind of journalist.

+136.47% only? Can't we fire someone in order to increase? Smiley

Sic parvis magna
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2081

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:50:34 PM

It's obvious who is silly here.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Desensitizer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:37:11 AM

If you think that was a crash you are sorely mistaken. Cryptocurrency's are notoriously unstable and after that huge rise there was an inevitable comedown in the works before the market equalized. A true crash would have gone under $100/USD, rattling the core foundation of bitcoin investors and going back under the last spikes prices. This didn't even come close.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:46:55 AM

doesn't the LA times feel silly? no one reads their newspapers anymore.
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:12:06 AM

doesn't the LA times feel silly? no one reads their newspapers anymore.
Does anybody read any physical newspaper anymore?

With smartphones it is easy to get the daily info you want online, at no charge to you.
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:25:14 AM

The article is not so bad. I mean clearly the writer doesn't believe in bitcoin but it's an article focuses on volatility and volatility is a fact in bitcoin.
Apart from the title everything else is fine with me.

beetcoin

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:28:55 AM

The article is not so bad. I mean clearly the writer doesn't believe in bitcoin but it's an article focuses on volatility and volatility is a fact in bitcoin.

anybody who gets into bitcoin thinking that there won't be volatility is just a fool. im pretty sure most people who bought in felt this way at least.

i just think the writer is doing this premature "i told you so" .. well, my response is "no shit, bitcoin is a volatile currency/asset."
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:09:12 AM

anybody who gets into bitcoin thinking that there won't be volatility is just a fool. im pretty sure most people who bought in felt this way at least.

i just think the writer is doing this premature "i told you so" .. well, my response is "no shit, bitcoin is a volatile currency/asset."

Actually he is just stressing out volatility and he even says that the price might return soon to pre  crash levels. Pretty descent article from someone that obviously thinks of bitcoin as something that it's not going to happen.

beetcoin

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:20:16 AM

Actually he is just stressing out volatility and he even says that the price might return soon to pre  crash levels. Pretty descent article from someone that obviously thinks of bitcoin as something that it's not going to happen.

i know. that's what i originally said.. he's saying "it's volatile, told you say." but i thought we already knew that bitcoins could swing violently in either direction.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:52:12 AM

Actually he is just stressing out volatility and he even says that the price might return soon to pre  crash levels. Pretty descent article from someone that obviously thinks of bitcoin as something that it's not going to happen.

More like the volatility of fiats is now being measured against a fixed unit then the volatility of Bitcoin itself.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:59:14 AM

I dont feel silly. Sad salsa.  Embarrassed
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:29:07 PM

Silly, silly silly.

Oh yeah, crazily, insanely, silly good ... up 70,000 % since feb 2011! That's what you can call silly money kids.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: