Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Used in New Tesla Model S Purchase at Dealership  (Read 464 times)
MCRyan (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:50:56 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-06/bitcoin-meets-tesla-in-california-dealership-model-s-transaction.html

So now that Bitcoin has been used officially for the purchase of a new Tesla Model S (how futuristic does that sentence sound?), do you think other brands will follow suit? Is Bitcoin still too volatile for these types of transactions to be occuring already? I certainly hope the Tesla dealer sold their Bitcoins they received before the market crashed a bit! Is this just a PR stunt? I notice Baidu and now Tesla accepting bitcoins has created quite the PR rush leading to many others taking notice. Who has backed both of these companies and is likely heavily invested into Bitcoin? Tim Draper.

I think this is the beginning of very great things to come. Bitcoin is here to stay whether Chinese banks want to admit it or not.

~MCRyan
TheJacob

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:10:26 PM

They didn't accept bitcoin. What car dealer wouldn't take this deal?

They just processed the money through bitpay and the dealership received USD.
MCRyan (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:15:02 PM

Ha very true! I would love to buy a new Model S in Bitcoin! What a great feeling that would be!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: