Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: purchased 1.08 btc from coinbase instantly, still pending  (Read 2118 times)
coiner92 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:20:17 PM

Hi. Yesterday I purchased 1.08 btc on coinbase. My account is verified to the fullest so I can receive them instantly. But here I am today and I still did not receive my bitcoins. Does anyone have an idea about when I will receive them? I sent coinbase an email. They never replied. While My friend sent them an email since he has the problem too, and they replied. I am beginning to be very frustrated with their poor service. Thanks.
Imbatman

Activity: 85
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

Even if fully verified, I think you have to have an account for 30 days before you get them instantly.

It should tell you on the site when the bitcoins will hit your account, it's usually about 4 or 5 business days.

QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:49:14 PM

Coinbase has horrible customer support.  My two cents.  If you have issues, expect sloooooooooooow response and getting your bitcoin slooooooooooooowly.  Instant buy?   Umm, no, for some people.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:30:00 PM

I've been using coinbase for about 5 months and despite not having the instant thing hooked up, I've always had my coinage purchased and then received in the 4-5 day window. They are lacking on customer service tho but let's face it, they own most of the domestic game right now.
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:53:11 PM

I have had similar experiences recently.  In the end they have always come through. Sometimes they resolved a problem days before they actually responded by email to a message.

They should be able to get it right without a delay though, considering the fees they are charging and their buy / sell spread.  I think they may be understaffed and overwhelmed with the amount of orders right now due to this crash/correction.

Several times it took a day or more for bitcoin to be withdrawn to an external address from the time I submitted a withdrawal request after an instant purchase.

Their recent attempt to try to get people to pay now to get bitcoins later at an unknown market price of their choosing seemed to me to be borderline scammy.  At least they were up front with it by warning you about it before you submitted an order.  But the fact that they thought they could conduct business that way and that people would be ok with it makes me wonder about whether they know what they are doing.  I would be be very careful about conducting business with them because they tried that. 

That said, I still use them but I am keeping transactions small and I am waiting until the transaction is completed before submitting another.

First to OP to get your coins instantly you need to have a credit card verified.

2nd I don't think they ever made you pay now for coins later. They made you pay later for coins later. They do need to develop a better system. They obv have those things in place because they were getting eaten up by the volatilty.  I'v never had an issue withdrawing my btc or sending them to a different address. They always actually get sent super fast and fee free.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:15:21 PM

I did get a credit card verified. As I said, I have everything verified so I can purchase bitcoins instantly. I am fully verified. But the things is I did not get my bitcoins. That's why I am trying to find out why.

You're about to receive a message that they cancelled your order... happened to me numerous time. I don't use Coinbase anymore and lots of people are staying away. My fav was btcQuick, but since they were out of stock for about a month now, I found Coin.mx and it's instant - with a credit card. I've purchased with them 4 times already. 

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:23:22 PM

I recently used the instant feature and before I could blink the BTC was in my wallet.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:28:03 PM

Are you sure they will cancel my order?

IDK... I'm just telling you that's what happened to me several times. I later got an email stating it was cancelled for "High Risk" Look on the transaction history page. I had one that was pending for a couple of days, but when I checked out that page, it said the order was cancelled.

Just search the forums about all the complaints on Coinbase.

axilla

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 07:05:37 PM

i've been trying to get them to honor a "high risk" cancellation for 2 months when i bought at 180.. they've resorted to stoping all communication.  They said they would whitelist me but ignored my request for honoring it..

it took them 3 weeks to even respond.. JOKE of a company.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
axilla

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 07:07:50 PM

I did get a credit card verified. As I said, I have everything verified so I can purchase bitcoins instantly. I am fully verified. But the things is I did not get my bitcoins. That's why I am trying to find out why.

You're about to receive a message that they cancelled your order... happened to me numerous time. I don't use Coinbase anymore and lots of people are staying away. My fav was btcQuick, but since they were out of stock for about a month now, I found Coin.mx and it's instant - with a credit card. I've purchased with them 4 times already. 

thanks for this, just what i needed.. 

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
glite

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

I've been using coinbase for about 5 months and despite not having the instant thing hooked up, I've always had my coinage purchased and then received in the 4-5 day window. They are lacking on customer service tho but let's face it, they own most of the domestic game right now.

Same here, I love these guys.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:22:11 PM

i've been trying to get them to honor a "high risk" cancellation for 2 months when i bought at 180.. they've resorted to stoping all communication.  They said they would whitelist me but ignored my request for honoring it..

it took them 3 weeks to even respond.. JOKE of a company.

+1 same here.  And yes you will have your purchase canceled. You can take goodbye from coinbase account since all your future transactions will be flagged as highrisk

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: