Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:58:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between BTC and ETH  (Read 418 times)
heartthew

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

I think that the biggest difference in these coins is the technical characteristics of these coins because they are very different platforms. I'm aware that Bitcoin will not be able to remain a market leader for long.
iutaguqi

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:50:49 PM

I think BTC is the foundation of the encryption world, and ETH has created a new era of encryption. Its intelligent contract platform is the most widely used project in the encrypted world. In terms of investment, bitcoin has a long-term advantage.
marmeladko

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:55:52 PM

If you will ask people about cryptocurrency, they will answer that they have heard something about Bitcoin and mining. Bitcoin is the number one digital currency in the world and most people know about ot. But ETH network isn;t so popular for typical persons. I love Ethereum more because of low fees, tokens and smart-contracts!

muratdur

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:22:14 PM

The difference is significant, Bitcoin is like a King, FirstBorn from the cryptocurrencies, Ethereum is like his son, lol

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
chenjkai

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:12:15 AM

Well, I think if Bitcoin is so higher, then it is better, is not it? Ethereum costs much less than Bitcoin, even though the popularities of them are pretty same, Bitcoin is better.
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:30:19 AM

I know BTC is the first coin and for ETH has popularity, potential, and good growth than from that I think it's the difference and both of these coins have the same technology blockchain but bitcoin has a higher value than ETH but for now, the popularity of ETH is more both from BTC
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:23:54 PM

Ethereum is a scattered public blockchain network. Although there are many technical differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum, the main difference is its purpose and function. Bitcoin offers a peer-to-peer electronic money system for Bitcoin payments or transfers. While Ethereum focuses its blockchain to run a decentralized program, including one payment or an Ether transfer.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:28:05 AM

We got to talk not about the currency and price changes, yet about the concept itself. Therefore, Ethereum is a base of payment of ICOs, and the platforms. BItcoin is a first currency based on blockchain, and main in here.                                                                       
okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:36:29 AM

They are both cryptocurrency, they both use blockchain technology, so technically, they are the same. If you see the root of these two and disregard their name, you'll see a single concept of cryptocurrency. The difference that i see is the value and the blockchain flow of each where btc is highly valued but the transaction fee (hashes) are high. Eth is an instant transaction with reasonable fee but can fail if the registered initial fee amount is insufficient.
The difference between them is very clear. They both different functions for instant, ETH has smart contract while BTC  Do not.  We cannot say because Euro and Dollars are currencies that they are the same.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:56:16 AM

altcoins emerge only after the success of bitcoin. they want to overcome the flaws of bitcoin and try to compete with it. it so obvious right? bitcoin is the reference of eth.
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:01:33 AM

the second difference is
- Bitcoin: the mains of all Altcoins, anonymous, expensive prices, in need of crowds, powerful networks, all beginners they learn to Bitcoin.

- Ethereum: Ethereum learn from Bitcoin, its founder in the know (Vitalik Buterin), the price is still below Bitcoin, in many need by investors to invest in ICO, his network is strong.
Cryptodiamond12

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:38:13 PM

Ethereum is an advancement based on the principle of blockchain that supports bitcoin but with a purpose that does not complete with bitcoin. the market cap of Ethereum is more than Ripple and litecoin, Bitcoin is currently held at around the same value as unilever.   Ethereum is faster than bitcoin with transactions of typically settling in seconds, rather than minutes. its takes things further. while still blockchain based, and operating as a store of value. while the Bitcoin blockchain can simply be pictured as a database of accounts.
jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:18:38 AM

You can rely on ETH as well as on BTC. This currency is increasing so fast now but BTC has a decisive voice because of its value.
hoasdnz77

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:02:57 AM

Both are legendary and i suggest you to hold both for superb gains, bitcoin is the king of the crypto while ethereum presents a lot of new features and services to the crypto world which are proving to change the dynaamics of many sectors and businesses.
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:43:33 AM

Hello everyone,
I know that BTC started a new era to currency world and ETH has also some interesting technology. But i am curios what differs ETH from BTC. Is ETH better than BTC ? BTC is more stable in terms of price but obviously ETH has some advantages over it as they are becoming more popular day by day.
Thank you  Cheesy

I think bitcoin and Ethereum have the same technology and with so many people investing in bitcoin in the long run because Ethereum can also invest in the long term and with so many people who like the two coins on top because this coin is best and has good growth and can benefit and equally have good popularity

giancarlo01

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:33:19 AM

Hello everyone,
I know that BTC started a new era to currency world and ETH has also some interesting technology. But i am curios what differs ETH from BTC. Is ETH better than BTC ? BTC is more stable in terms of price but obviously ETH has some advantages over it as they are becoming more popular day by day.
Thank you  Cheesy

Driven by different purposes. Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle. While Bitcoin and Ether are both digital currencies, the primary purpose of Ether is not to establish itself as a payment alternative (unlike Bitcoin) but to facilitate and monetize the working of Ethereum to enable developers to build and run distributed applications (ĐApps).

liangzi123

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:37:12 AM

The biggest difference between them is whether there is a smart contract function. Although it is only a function, it has a great effect. You can contract, just like the law, to ensure that the parties or parties adhere to common rules and accomplish one thing. However, it cannot be done in Bitcoin's network.

kmil91712

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:39:38 AM

Hello everyone,
Thank you  Cheesy

Great answer I am glad for forums like these where I get to learn more everyday.

You are right, the value of bitcoin is so high, because it introduces to all world, what crypto and blockchain is.
While Ethereum went futher and built a huge system, using blockchain technology, which represents its value.
If we compear these coins from technologycal point of view, it is possible to say, that ETH is better BTC.
But in real life it is not possible to compear them, as they are different and make their best in order to become better.
freo01

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:43:41 AM

Well, it's not that hard to distinguish them from each other. If you have research Bitcoin itself, you should be able to know what's its purpose. If you have research about Ethereum a bit, you should be able to know that it is pretty much different from Bitcoin. Ethereum is more than a way of transaction, it has a smart contract which means other coins or what we call tokens can be created under Ethereum's roof and that Ethereum will serve as a gas for them. Very different from Bitcoin. Also, the supply of Bitcoin is limited while Ethereum is infinite which gives Bitcoin the advantage when it comes to price.
Iron@head

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:05:34 AM

They are certainly not the same. Bitcoin is the first generation cryptocurrency, while the ether is the second generation. Bitcoin can only be obtained through mining, but the goal of ether is to maintain it through pos. Therefore, their ultimate goal is to Different.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: