Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:52:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between BTC and ETH  (Read 418 times)
Nicolaus Copernicus (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:19:30 AM

Hello everyone,
I know that BTC started a new era to currency world and ETH has also some interesting technology. But i am curios what differs ETH from BTC. Is ETH better than BTC ? BTC is more stable in terms of price but obviously ETH has some advantages over it as they are becoming more popular day by day.
Thank you  Cheesy
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Hello everyone,
I know that BTC started a new era to currency world and ETH has also some interesting technology. But i am curios what differs ETH from BTC. Is ETH better than BTC ? BTC is more stable in terms of price but obviously ETH has some advantages over it as they are becoming more popular day by day.
Thank you  Cheesy

You are right, the value of bitcoin is so high, because it introduces to all world, what crypto and blockchain is.
While Ethereum went futher and built a huge system, using blockchain technology, which represents its value.
If we compear these coins from technologycal point of view, it is possible to say, that ETH is better BTC.
But in real life it is not possible to compear them, as they are different and make their best in order to become better.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 07:22:38 AM

Hello Nicolaus Copernicus,

We understand that as a beginner it might be difficult to differentiate between different cryptocurrencies so we will try to give you a brief summary of Ethereum in comparisson to Bitcoin and what sets them apart.

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency that was developed and it is the longest running most well-known digital currency. Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, found that the bitcoin protocol was lacking in the sense that it did not give users the ability to program on top of the blockchain. As a result of this alot of developers would be required to create their own blockchain to meet their needs. In other words, Vitalik saw the demand for a general purpose blockchain that could be used as a decentralized application platform and created the whitepaper for the Ethereum platform.

Ethereum allows for the creation of smart-contracts which means you can program contracts with various complex conditions that are able to enforce themselves. As to the economic model of Bitcoin in comparisson to Ethereum, this differs in that Ethereum has a static blockreward that will not change over time in contrast to bitcoin of which the blockrewards halve every four years. There are also more technical differences between the two cryptocurrencies but the basic philosophy behind Ethereum is that it will allow for more modern applications to be coupled to the platform with more ease.

If you have any further questions on this topic please feel free to send us a DM.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
jinxcreedy

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:35:07 AM

Hello everyone,
Thank you  Cheesy

Bitcoin being the first cryptocurrency paved way for other currencies of its nature. Bitcoin though holds some fragmental element of smart contracts but it was Ethereum that exploded the smart contract functionality..

It currently houses several projects..

FYI Bitcoincash is forking to increase it's block size from 8mb to 31mb so as to support smart contracts functionality.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:42:07 AM

Bitcoin is fully decentralized and distributed money system build on blockchain,  a blockchain is simply decentralized database we can trust. Ethereum on the other hand was made to be a platform that run decentralized applications or dApps that runs on the nodes and can't be shut down. Ethereum was pre mined which means that it's developers happened to mine it and then realize source code. They sold some small part during ICO and other part they have kept, so it is in their interest for price to grow becaus of this premise they are making themselves millionaires by developing.  On the other hand they can roll back the chain, which to me is centralization and this is where fork happened and now they have ethereum classic, now there are talks to do changes on the blockchain once again because some funds where lost due to bad of code.

Ethereum could potentially make you more money because devs go for the recognition and all that. They have good marketing and good community.
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:42:37 AM

Hello everyone,
Thank you  Cheesy
I do not agree that bitcoin is more stable at a price than ETH. Both bitcoin and ETH are equally prone to price fluctuations. However, ETH has a more modern technology, so I consider it more promising.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:44:04 AM

The major difference is that bitcoin is the first and original crypto, all the rest just alts, including eth. As for being better, comparisons are useless i feel, when every coin comes with its own unique use and benefit.
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

Ethereum is a scattered public blockchain network. Although there are many technical differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum, the main difference is its purpose and function. Bitcoin offers a peer-to-peer electronic money system for Bitcoin payments or transfers. While Ethereum focuses its blockchain to run a decentralized program, including one payment or an Ether transfer.
squidiot438

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:46:47 AM

Hello everyone,
Thank you  Cheesy
I do not agree that bitcoin is more stable at a price than ETH. Both bitcoin and ETH are equally prone to price fluctuations. However, ETH has a more modern technology, so I consider it more promising.

I honestly think that Eth is outperforming Bitcoin nowadays. It's faster, cheaper, and the top choice for most ICOs and airdrops.
JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 09:30:40 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer of all coins as it were introduced first and so is still the king of all coins. Etherum came later on. Bitcoin runs is decentralized currency that works on blochchain technology.Etheru on the hand uses decentralized application. For technical point of view ethrum is better but actually bitcoin is the ultimate boss.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:33:57 PM

There are many good answers already provided above. The two are very much different in terms of technology and use case.
When it comes to price, I'm not sure with your statement that BTC is more stable.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:39:44 PM

Hello everyone,
I do not see any advantage in ETH and you cannot compare it with bitcoin. ETH is used to create smart contracts and so i do not see it as a currency and it is not a currency and that is the fact, there are many scams in the ETH platform, so be careful before investing in new projects, there are pretty good projects, you just need to identity those
RicardoRicky

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:34:01 PM

the question about ETH is better or better than BTC I think it should measure significantly and depends on growth and development aspect in the market, but i see that on BTC the length and length scale stay better, i accept if excess ETH is technology and stability price from time to time may be held.
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:05:20 PM

An easily implemented technology should easily generate competing products, which is what happens. And the existence of competition should lead to the fact that the cost of products should fall, but this does not happen with bitcoin over a sufficiently long time interval, at any rate for some reason those who want to buy a cue for $ 4,000 instead of a more technologically perfect coin for $ 0.01 (well or at least $ 50).
yadwoa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:23:20 PM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and had the biggest volume of overall coin marketcap and Ether look like a competitor of bitcoin with a smart contract to create other tokens.
noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:56:31 PM

The difference between bitcoin and ethereum are their value, although they are all cryptocurrency coin and used as a line business coin in crypto market, but their quality and and status of price are not the same level.
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:59:46 PM

It is easy to see that ETH is an update and repair of the real BTC disadvantages such as high transaction costs, slow transaction speed Smiley). It seems that nowadays people who are interested in altcoins and ICOs always prefer to exchange to ETH instead of BTC because of the type of the tokens as well as the altcoins using ETH's ERC-20 Token technology.

nilavoro

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:14:25 AM

There is no doubt that ETH is better than BTC in terms of transfer speed and fees. But bitcoin has the advantage that it is most popular as it is the first crypto coin.
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:27:05 AM

They are both cryptocurrency, they both use blockchain technology, so technically, they are the same. If you see the root of these two and disregard their name, you'll see a single concept of cryptocurrency. The difference that i see is the value and the blockchain flow of each where btc is highly valued but the transaction fee (hashes) are high. Eth is an instant transaction with reasonable fee but can fail if the registered initial fee amount is insufficient.

paykal5

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:35:10 AM

Both of them are applications of the blockchain technology  but they serve different purposes.
Bitcoin is a decentralized currency, it is deflationary "Store of Value" with a max cap of 21 million coins.
Ethereum is a platform on which Dapps (Decentralized Applications) can run off it. Ether also has smart contract applications.
Its like Gold vs Aluminium.
Gold is worth more than aluminium because of its demand and scarcity, its transportability and immense "store of value" makes it an ideal form of payment, this does not mean aluminium is bad, aluminium is used in industrial applications and in every day life such as Airplans and soda cans.... If i wanted to buy a house or land  before modern currency existed, gold was used as a fungible store of value because of its rarity and demand and trans-portability.
Ethereum is not better than Bitcoin , Bitcoin is not better than Ethereum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: