Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Launch day mining  (Read 182 times)
AzBlockchainer (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

Hei all. I want to calculate approximate number of coins that I can mine on launch day of a coin. Given the network hashrate, block reward and time this number can be calculated by the percentage of rig hashrate to network hashrate. However, how can I know my GPU Hrate on the coin's first launch day? Any hint and info is much appreciated.
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:33:23 AM

Hei all. I want to calculate approximate number of coins that I can mine on launch day of a coin. Given the network hashrate, block reward and time this number can be calculated by the percentage of rig hashrate to network hashrate. However, how can I know my GPU Hrate on the coin's first launch day? Any hint and info is much appreciated.

If you know the algorithm its easy to calculate it. You can also test mine on any coin with same algorithm. Hash rate will be the same.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
AzBlockchainer (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:47:33 AM

There is just one point that did not make much sense to me. RVN hashrate, for instance, on launch day had 30MH/s avg network Hrate. If I mined it with e rig of 8x1080Ti GPUs I would have about say 110-120 MH/s for X16R algorithm.

For block time 15sec and block reward 5000rvn total number of coins for the first 24h is 7,200,000. How many coins would I be able to mine? Being over avg network Hrate seems a lil weird to me.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:11:27 PM

There is just one point that did not make much sense to me. RVN hashrate, for instance, on launch day had 30MH/s avg network Hrate. If I mined it with e rig of 8x1080Ti GPUs I would have about say 110-120 MH/s for X16R algorithm.

For block time 15sec and block reward 5000rvn total number of coins for the first 24h is 7,200,000. How many coins would I be able to mine? Being over avg network Hrate seems a lil weird to me.

It is due to difficulty and hashrate reliability, the moment miners sees the coin and shared it here and found profitable, every seconds, minute, hours or days you're reward would be frequently changes

some pools has its own calculator based on your effective hash

so you could have an idea what reward you could expect on a given time
AzBlockchainer (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:35:52 PM

But still is it somehow possible that my Hrate is more than the network avg? The tokken revenue calculation as far as I know is made as:

(Hrate(my rig)/Hrate(network)) * (#of coins(72000000 for RVN launch day)). I checked with calculators and it gives a true result for coins today with high netw Hrate.

But ones the netw Hrate is as small as 30 MH/s, I am confused on what happens.

Some explanation on this would be hugely helpful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: