Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with such members ?  (Read 285 times)
krishnaverma (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:38:41 AM

Came across a member today

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1963859

Look at his posts :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1963859;sa=showPosts

I have no issues if it is one liner or even few words but they are not even relevant. Completely done with some bot in my opinion. How to handle this now ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:43:56 AM

I have no issues if it is one liner or even few words but they are not even relevant. Completely done with some bot in my opinion. How to handle this now ?
Report each and every post with the reference of their post history. I do the same when I see such types of users.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:45:17 AM

Being a one - liner poster is considered spamming I think and it doesn't contribute to the forum but to post that is irrelevant now is different thing. Let our DT members do their job with this user. I consider that user as a shitposter for me. Don't know if others will agree with me too Cheesy

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:47:57 AM

Being a one - liner poster is considered spamming I think and it doesn't contribute to the forum but to post that is irrelevant now is different thing. Let our DT members do their job with this user. I consider that user as a shitposter for me. Don't know if others will agree with me too Cheesy

I agree. This user is a shitposter that doesn't provide any substance to the conversation. They're not even relevant in the majority of the posts.

I am going through this user's post history and reporting the posts that I feel are unsubstantial and irrelevant/spammy, like others have recommended. I advise you guys to do the same.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:53:21 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

I disagree. It's not the fact that this user or any other user posting a one liner is spam it's the fact what they are saying is spam. For example, gibberish, repeated or off topic. You can make your point with just a few words. I would agree that the user outlined in the OP is a complete shitposter though.

For example:
there is no other reason for bitcoin because bitcoin in this month and so on will rise again to 100% because with bitcoin prices can increase us and we should be trading.
Goes on to make a bold statement without providing any explanation at all. It's just a prediction without any context on why he thinks so.

Another example:
indeed yes, maybe this is in because, other coins, or we can again stable again.
Complete nonsense. Doesn't really make sense and again doesn't provide any explanation to their answer.
krishnaverma (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

What about this Full member? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1158644;sa=showPosts
I don't even know why he could achieve this rank within 3 months. Is he be considered shitposter? Because i can not even find one "good post" from his beginning posts. Huh

He became a Full member before the merit system. He has not received any merit from any member as showing in his merit summary :  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1158644 . In other words, he got those merits by default as a reward for joining this forum early.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:05:53 PM

I disagree. It's not the fact that this user or any other user posting a one liner is spam it's the fact what they are saying is spam. For example, gibberish, repeated or off topic. You can make your point with just a few words. I would agree that the user outlined in the OP is a complete shitposter though.

Exactly! One liner posts should not be considered spam right from the start. Depends on conversation, sometimes spam is just the opposite.

Regarding the user from the first post, I agree, a complete shitposter and should be permanently baned. It's probably just someone's alt account...

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:06:19 PM

What about this Full member? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1158644;sa=showPosts
I don't even know why he could achieve this rank within 3 months. Is he be considered shitposter? Because i can not even find one "good post" from his beginning posts. Huh

I think anyone who participates only in bounty campaigns aren't here for the forum and aren't particularly quality users. Although, I don't think it's specifically against the rules to only post bounty sign ups etc. Although, from my stand point I think he's a shitposter. Probably not justifying him being reported, but certainly should be rejected from campaigns.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 12:10:02 PM

I think anyone who participates only in bounty campaigns aren't here for the forum and aren't particularly quality users. Although, I don't think it's specifically against the rules to only post bounty sign ups etc. Although, from my stand point I think he's a shitposter. Probably not justifying him being reported, but certainly should be rejected from campaigns.

That brings up another issue entirely: as long as there are campaign managers like the one for the campaign that the referenced user is in, there will always be shitposters that are accepted into shit campaigns, unfortunately.

I agree that users that are here solely for bounty campaigns and not quality users by any  means, and I'm hoping merit requirements will become a thing relatively soon... But again, as long as we have campaign managers that will just accept anyone and everyone, merit and ranks won't make a difference.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

That brings up another issue entirely: as long as there are campaign managers like the one for the campaign that the referenced user is in, there will always be shitposters that are accepted into shit campaigns, unfortunately.

I agree that users that are here solely for bounty campaigns and not quality users by any  means, and I'm hoping merit requirements will become a thing relatively soon... But again, as long as we have campaign managers that will just accept anyone and everyone, merit and ranks won't make a difference.
Yep. That's also a issue that isn't easily corrected without either only allowing approved users or banning campaigns altogether. Maybe someone can come up with a verified/trusted campaign manager list like there is escrow lists out there, but these are up for manipulation by it's owners.

I think it's best to restrict those who are participating in campaigns and setup a payment for signatures like hilariousandco suggests. Otherwise, the forum is going to continually go down the shitter no matter how many moderation occurs. Perhaps, campaign managers should be treated as advocating spam if they aren't doing their job and removing those who are spamming and receive harsh pentalties themselves.  Although, I think the paid signatures is the best route without providing an headache for the staff members.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:50:32 PM

What the heeeckk??!!! Most of his posts are from bounties, I'm glad that the merit system has been implemented, back in the old days lots of users here in this forum ranks up just by shitposting like this. It's very unfair for everyone because he earns without being useful in the community, Campaign manager should be warned about this type of people.
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:52:33 PM

Dude probably never read about merit system. He would be surprised not to rank up above Jr. When I first found this forum, I was under the impression, that nobody read other's posts and reply with complete nonsense. Refusing to play along costed me a greater time to rank up and eventually I stuck a fortnight from Full Member when merits were introduced. But I don't regret, spamming will make you an imbecile.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Pvt-snafu

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:08:18 PM

I have a strange feeling when it comes to those folks who weren't able to accommodate even 1 merit point after new system come to play, In my opinion they should be re-ranked somehow, because it's quite clear that if (for instance, the dude who becomes a full member by only shit-posting for 3 month period doesn't deserve to hold that high rank)

I know that's kinda hard task, but it can be done either by adding some requirement for obtaining "monthly merit point" (for instance 1 point for Junior 2 for Member 4 for Full and so on)  thus shitposters won't be able to get away that easy.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:19:12 PM

Came across a member today

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1963859

Look at his posts :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1963859;sa=showPosts

He is newbie dude. There are many people on this forum with the high rank and spamming the complete forum. I see recent days, moderators are trashcanning the many spam thread posts.
Actually we do not need to do anything mate.
Their posts will be deleted automatically if those all posts are in redundant threads.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:53:39 PM

(for instance, the dude who becomes a full member by only shit-posting for 3 month period doesn't deserve to hold that high rank)
I see your opinion here and in fact not only full members are got ranked because of shitposting. There are other higher ranks too that have obtained their current rank now by just shitposting.

I know that's kinda hard task, but it can be done either by adding some requirement for obtaining "monthly merit point" (for instance 1 point for Junior 2 for Member 4 for Full and so on)  thus shitposters won't be able to get away that easy.
Can you share some requirements you are thinking for this "monthly merit point" you are saying. I think this is a good idea but I don't think there will be no other way to gain some merit right now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:00:33 PM

I agree that users that are here solely for bounty campaigns

Would you stand by your own words? when you say something like that, you should be ready if somebody had to challenge you, if you believe you are not
Here solely for money. I am daring you to remove your signature and participate in discussions. if you are not going to do that then you are a hypocrite.
Being a hypocrite is worse than being a shitposter.

as long as there are campaign managers like the one for the campaign that the referenced user is in, there will always be shitposters that are accepted into shit campaigns, unfortunately.

Bounty portal and bounty hive. how would you punish them?

🖤😏
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:10:40 PM

He is newbie dude. There are many people on this forum with the high rank and spamming the complete forum. I see recent days, moderators are trashcanning the many spam thread posts.
Actually we do not need to do anything mate.
Their posts will be deleted automatically if those all posts are in redundant threads.

That was clearly a newbie mate, I also remember when I was at that rank some of my posts got deleted to the MOD.
Just simple if you find like that post kindly "Report to Moderator" and there's no problem he might need a guide or punishment like 7days ban. Probably his account is not an alt account he is completely a newbie and he is not reading in Beginners and help section.

I agree that users that are here solely for bounty campaigns and not quality users by any  means, and I'm hoping merit requirements will become a thing relatively soon... But again, as long as we have campaign managers that will just accept anyone and everyone, merit and ranks won't make a difference.
Are you sure mate? I saw some members here that active but they didn't have a signature I think not all.
Pvt-snafu

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:22:25 PM

Can you share some requirements you are thinking for this "monthly merit point" you are saying. I think this is a good idea but I don't think there will be no other way to gain some merit right now.

I hope this scribbling makes sense.

For keeping the obtained rank you should get a certain amount of merit points. The gradation could look like this:

Junior Member: 2 merit points a month.
Member: 4 merit points a month.
Full Member: 10 merit points a month. And so on.

I might be a bit too ambitious on merit point, numbers look quite high and can be reviewed.
This should eliminate the bountyspam from users who just keep doing that because they can.

The most real control instrument looks like health system from some RPG.
By not receiving enough merit points the account will lose, figuratively speaking, "health". After losing 5 health point in a row account automatically lose 1 rank (de-ranking).

We can also safeguard the old inactive users, the ones who are inactive won't be affected at all. On the over hand, for the users which are willing to take a rest from the forum and obviously don't want to lose a rank, we can create some sort of "afk" button. By entering it you won't be affected by monthly merit points requirements, on the over hand in this mode possibility of writing the messages is equal to zero.

That's just a draft, don't judge me too hard.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:07:59 PM

I think you guys are misunderstanding BTCforjoe or maybe I am? But, what I can gather from his reply is that people who are participating in bounty campaigns without posting anywhere else aren't a particularly great member to the forum. As in they don't contribute anything, and only take.

There's many people who don't use signatures to earn, and there's many people who contributed here before campaigns were a big thing and now use them. I might be a little biased here, but I don't see a problem with people posting and earning from it if they were doing that anyway. Even if they are posting more to earn as long as it's of good quality I don't see the issue.
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:24:58 PM

I dunno why would you want to do anything?

Unless they have a sign; what are they gaining? Even if they wear a sign and if the Sign payee ain't having an issue; I don't think others should have one; unless he is tagged for some scam or cheating; it's evident that he is an exclusive bounty hunter and makes the bare minimum posts required to get paid. If the ICO ain't moderating it; let him do it. I personally don't think that shit-posting should be a ban-worthy thing.

The motive of Signs is to get promotion; a form of advert, in times when cringe ads are becoming a thing; I dunno if this ain't grabbing eyes.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: