Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ExpressCoin.com?  (Read 8066 times)
tzm (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:58:55 PM

I'm interested in ExpressCoin, but haven't used them yet.  Has anyone tried the service?  If so, what are your thoughts or experience?

Thanks
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:01:07 PM

ExpressCoin.com.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
ExpressCoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:14:52 AM

Hi! I'm from expresscoin. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our site! You're also welcome to message me personally at jeff@expresscoin.com

Best,
Jeff
http://expco.in/t9
notallthere

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:02:21 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 10:03:52 PM by notallthere

First user experience with expresscoin.
Tuesday: Placed order. Order stated an amount of BC so I figured all was well.
             Sent photo of M.O. and mailed it.
Wednesday: Got e-mail confirm of order. Yep took a whole day just for that.
Friday:    Checked website to see payment confirmed, a little bit later checked again to see confirmed which I figured meant my order went through. Check wallet. No coins

I have come to find out that price is not locked in when you place your order, so it's in their best interest to drag their feet if the coin you bought is rising. They can hold off and skim off your profits.
 They also charge a premium price $.12 USD compared to the $.09 market value as well as their percentage fee.

Expresscoin is in no way express at all if you live in the states. Takes less time to get BTC from coinbase and do your own transactions on an exchange. I would suggest using other services to get your BTC or altcoins. There are too many out there to deal with a company that doesn't seem to be on top of things.

*Edit Just recieved coins. About 400 less than was quoted. Definitely find an alternative. I'll be glad when the Halo software does away with businesses like this that are just out to take advantage.

EXPRESSCOIN- Lose 20% of your value before even getting coins?!?!Sounds great!
johan3z

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:55:15 PM

Can't say my first experience is any better. The exchange rate at which you are purchasing the coin is very ambiguous. Apparently it's whenever they decide to finally send your coin. A legit business locks in the rate as soon as you make the transaction. Not so with Expresscoin. The word express is a joke. Received my coin 5 days following a confirmed bank wire. Received no response to questions I emailed to support.
CoinRNR is more expensive but you get immediate response to questions and receive your coin in a matter of hours. At least that has been my experience. Another recommendation is bitquick. You just have to find a reasonable rate for deposit to a bank in your area. If you do find that then it is great. I never cared for localbitcoins.com - too many sketchy people. Many falsely claim to be in the U.S. only for you to later discover it requires western union to India or China.
notallthere

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:14:11 PM

Thanks Johan3z, was hoping it wasn't just me. I wish I cvould find one reliable Localbitcoins source myself.
 The order page on Expresscoin gives an amount total, and doesn't indicate that it will vary. After reading some of the scam reports from when they were cashtocoins or whatever I really have to say People should stay far away from these guys.
 Anyone who says different is probably looking to get some affiliate money for your loss.

EXPRESSCOIN- Lose 20% of your value before even getting coins?!?!Sounds great!
johan3z

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:46:39 PM

As it turns out I'm still waiting for my coin from expresscoin. I also mistakenly thought that the change in order status to confirmed meant I was soon to receive it - not so. 6 days I have been waiting ( 2 of which are status confirmed ). Every single one of those days has had a net drop in the value of btc. Also there has been not a single response from support or Jeff to several emails. I don't like to bash someones business but this is unacceptable.

I did use them back when they were cashintocoins. Aside from an average wait of 48 - 60 hrs after they received my funds, I didn't have too many problems. They would even respond to emails. I don't know whats going on now. I wrongly presumed the new iteration (expresscoins) would be better. than the former, especially after a few months since the re-start up to get it together.
Are they that busy or is this delay without explanation related to the btc price drop Huh

I will post again regarding the final outcome if and when I get my coin.

What is this Halo software ?
Marcchernandez

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:49:36 AM

I've been using express coin for the past month and I don't really have anything bad to say about them. They've been pretty consistent every time i order my bit coins...
xepace

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:36:58 AM

EXPRESSCOIN.COM ARE SCAMBAGS! When you place the order they let you see EXACTLY how many bitcoins you are getting and for what price you are getting them for and from then on they carefully only display the amount of payment. It's a thinly-disguised bait and switch. Besides, their bait and switch starts right on the bitcoin official website where they state to be "conveniently located in Santa Monica, CA", while their address is nowhere to be found (it does pop up though later), and it quite inconveniently happens that you have to send a money order to WA. Furthermore, do not believe "we generally try to process all payments the same day" - again nicely hidden BS. They receive your money and wait for the price to go up and then fund your account. I sent USPS money order noon Oct 6 from CA to WA (1BTC was ~$300) and my wallet was funded 1am Oct 11 (1BTC ~$365).  And to add insult to injury, they charge a fee.  I think everyone will agree that it's simply NOT FAIR! All legitimate businesses lock your rate in, as was mentioned earlier. Anyways, I didn't lose much but I guess I'll  drop a line to Bitcoin support with detailed description and link to this post, maybe they will do the right thing and remove expresscoin scammers from the list of vendors. This topic already ranks well on Google, so if we leave some back links in related blogs/news articles it will be easier for people to find and read this before they do business with these dishonest people.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:05:33 AM

Nice user interface!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: