Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in Development Project for Bitcoin  (Read 721 times)
Thomas Dillon (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 11:43:54 AM

I am interested in starting a discussion among members for a new project that could assist in further establishing Bitcoin as a currency for wider use.  This project would primarily focus on international entities interested in reducing transfer and transaction costs.

If interested please post.

Many thanks,

Thomas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Doug Rudd

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:36:23 PM

I am a developer and also interested in new Bitcoin client software.

It is going to take a while for me to wrap my head around the details of Bitcoin.

I believe there are two important ingredients for future success:

1. Improved clients.
2. Bitcoin banks.

Any more details about your plans?
Thomas Dillon (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:49:32 PM

Bitcoin Banks? Very interesting. How would they function?

As to my plan, I have approached a major industrial company's deputy CFO about the idea and they are interested in a beta test. I am an international attorney and financier and am NOT a developer. What I would like to do is to put together a team to work together with the client to create a beta test (parallel virtual currency in realtime to see how it would function, fix any bugs, then go "online" with a small test. If the client is satisfied then roll out for the company worldwide.

The team would, once the solution is created, be the owners of the software solution and would license it for use by clients, or in the alternative, sell to the clients.

That is the plan in a nutshell.

Thomas 
Herbert

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 02:55:05 PM

basically interesting, but do you have a little more detail on the overall plan? Sounds like it is a bit early to negotiate betatests with "real" customers...

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
Thomas Dillon (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:11:51 PM

That's why I'm here. I'm looking for experts to assist with the details. I have the relationships with companies, have awakened their interest and appetite and now need the experts, to build the team and fill out the concept.
Doug Rudd

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:46:39 PM

The "Project Development" and "Alternative clients" sections of this forum are loaded with people that could handle this. You should post there when you are able.
Thomas Dillon (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:52:10 PM

Many thanks for the tip. Will try when I can, but it may be that I can already assemble a team before that.
Thomas Dillon (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 09:29:15 AM

A member had mentioned earlier the in this thread (Doug Rudd) that there is a need for two ingredients for a project such as the one I propose to work: (1) bitcoin banks, and (2) improved clients.  I would invite the community to comment on these points and make further suggestions.
greekminer

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:27:24 PM

My Firm is ready to start a BTC Savings Bank that can help reduce the risk of BTC investment for new and old users . We have a business plan ready and we are open to any partnerships-ideas-proposals. We will go online as soon as possible. Request our info kit with pm, thank you for your time.

Nick Papadopoulos
Limassol
Cyprus
greekminer

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:36:50 PM

A member had mentioned earlier the in this thread (Doug Rudd) that there is a need for two ingredients for a project such as the one I propose to work: (1) bitcoin banks, and (2) improved clients.  I would invite the community to comment on these points and make further suggestions.

Also a good idea would be the creation of a non-profit institution that will promote bitcoins with advertisement to major marketing channels both on and off the web. Some senior members of this forum can run the administration and all of as donate to support. Google ads-facebook etc would be a nice start i think.  Also promoting  bitcoins as a payment method for merchants is a great idea to keep this community running and growing .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: