Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:18:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Problem - Blades under performing  (Read 993 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:02:03 AM

Well i have already found a wealth of information on this issue on the forums, but none of the current recommended fixes has solved it.

I have 15 V2 blades that i have not used in months, and finally just got configured to work on a cloud proxy. Problem is the 10 V2 blades i got set up so far tonight, are all running between 6.9 and 7.5 GH/s and i cant figure out why.

Things i have tried;

Changing power supply, ( i have 5 to try and tried them all )
Changing ports on the cloud proxy
Bigger fan on the blades for more cooling
Different backplane ( i have 3 and tried all 3 )

Any info of people who have had similar issues and found resolutions please let me know.

on a side note, my power supplies are all of the server form factor, so there is no splicing of wire and direct plugging them in. so i know its not a wiring issue

Thanks in advance

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 01:05:02 AM

Hi
ok where a few questions

1  Where is the proxy.
2  What is your interconnection speed
3  What speed is the hub / switch you are using

I have 35 blades all working and im getting just under 344 Ghz in total
im sure we can get this sorted for you.

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:20:37 AM

Hi
ok where a few questions

1  Where is the proxy.

Thanks pjcltd,

1: proxy is found here ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292170.0 )
2: Internet connection is 100gig through charter
3: hub is 5g

The thing that bugs me the most is that it isnt something obvious. i spent the better part of 2 hours troubleshooting anything i could find on 3 different forums. and not a single one of the fixes others found is my problem.... Could it just be the cloud proxy? I dont want to dedicate a machine to running the proxy myself, and i would chop off a testicle before i submitted to the Rasberry Pi fad.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 02:28:53 AM

Hi
ok where a few questions

1  Where is the proxy.

Thanks pjcltd,

The thing that bugs me the most is that it isnt something obvious. i spent the better part of 2 hours troubleshooting anything i could find on 3 different forums. and not a single one of the fixes others found is my problem.... Could it just be the cloud proxy? I dont want to dedicate a machine to running the proxy myself, and i would chop off a testicle before i submitted to the Rasberry Pi fad.

ok
right
why are you not running a proxy at your location?
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 02:32:06 AM

Hi
ok where a few questions

1  Where is the proxy.

Thanks pjcltd,

ok
right
why are you not running a proxy at your location?

ok let me ask that again
can you run one at your location to test the blades
to make sure that they are working ok
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:38:17 AM

Yes, i can, i just havent. i use MultiMiner, which i believe has a stratum proxy built into it. my "Bit Mint" PC is currently installing updates and has been at it for 30 minutes. but as soon as it comes online i will try it, but i really dont think that is the issue, i used the same cloud proxy before with some machines and never saw any performance issues.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 02:44:25 AM

Yes, i can, i just havent. i use MultiMiner, which i believe has a stratum proxy built into it. my "Bit Mint" PC is currently installing updates and has been at it for 30 minutes. but as soon as it comes online i will try it, but i really dont think that is the issue, i used the same cloud proxy before with some machines and never saw any performance issues.
ok what I  would do is this
get the stratum proxy from the slush website
install it and then point 1 blade at it and see what happens
if its all working fine you should get over 10k in the top line
if you only get 3 -4 k then there is a issue with the pc that the proxy is installed on
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:00:22 AM

No problem, will give it a shot when the PC is finished with updates, probably about 30 more minutes. Although i think i am just going to use the built in proxy with MultiMiner, i tried setting up the slush proxy to work for BTCguild the other day and could not for the life of me get it set up so i just wrote it off and forgot about it. i hate when things dont work right , or take forever to figure out whats wrong. I will let you know if switching to a local proxy fixes the issue but i really doubt it will.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:01:30 AM

No problem, will give it a shot when the PC is finished with updates, probably about 30 more minutes. Although i think i am just going to use the built in proxy with MultiMiner, i tried setting up the slush proxy to work for BTCguild the other day and could not for the life of me get it set up so i just wrote it off and forgot about it. i hate when things dont work right , or take forever to figure out whats wrong. I will let you know if switching to a local proxy fixes the issue but i really doubt it will.
ok no problem I on nights so I will be here till 7am uk time

where are you ?

I use the stratum proxy with btc guild with out any problems at all

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:45:09 AM

In the United States. The machine i built to handle all my computing for bitcoin mining is installing the .net 4 framework atm so it is going to be a little while before i can test it. it connects to the internet but isnt showing any local area connection in the network settings, and shows access denied on the taskbar where the PC's are with a red X through them, even though it is connecting to the internet just fine. so i have to troubleshoot that so i can set up a static IP before i can move forward. Been at all this for 7 hours straight now trying to get all this crap configured.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:57:40 AM

In the United States. The machine i built to handle all my computing for bitcoin mining is installing the .net 4 framework atm so it is going to be a little while before i can test it. it connects to the internet but isnt showing any local area connection in the network settings, and shows access denied on the taskbar where the PC's are with a red X through them, even though it is connecting to the internet just fine. so i have to troubleshoot that so i can set up a static IP before i can move forward. Been at all this for 7 hours straight now trying to get all this crap configured.

I understand its very frustrating
we will get you sorted

on the pc that you are going to put the proxy on make sure that the filrewall  is off for all network connections.

if you have team viewer installed then I can help you faster

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:41:25 AM

I do have team viewer installed. Couldnt get the .net 3.5 to install so working on trying the .net 4 install now. once i get that much done maybe we can do a remote session

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 05:05:30 AM

I do have team viewer installed. Couldnt get the .net 3.5 to install so working on trying the .net 4 install now. once i get that much done maybe we can do a remote session
not a problem
pm the info when you are ready
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:04:46 AM

Well mate, its about 5 a.m. here in the usa, i finally got the .net framework issue resolved. but still having a wicked time with why my local area connection isnt showing and i am getting the red X over the network connection saying status unknown access denied, but yet i still get perfect internet access and it is showing on the router that it has been assigned a DCHP address. It is going to be kind of hard for me to set up a stratum proxy if i cant give it a static LAN ip isnt it? either way i would fully be down for you jumping in on TeamViewer and seeing if you can get the proxy figured out. still bouncing around between 7 and 9.5 on the blade, still cannot figure out why.

I will post here or P.M. you when i wake up and decide to get back at resolving this again.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:09:43 AM

Fix your PC's network connection before you bother anyone to fix your proxy.

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:21:05 PM

Well i got the issue resolved on the blade's end, on the blade config it says 10.9 GH/s, but BTC Guild says its only doing 9.3 GH/s I am not sure which one to believe, or how to trouble shoot that. i haven't seen any threads on an issue like that yet.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 10:42:39 PM

Well i got the issue resolved on the blade's end, on the blade config it says 10.9 GH/s, but BTC Guild says its only doing 9.3 GH/s I am not sure which one to believe, or how to trouble shoot that. i haven't seen any threads on an issue like that yet.
BTCguild website is just a GUIDE only
we spent a LOT of time on this
as long as the blade is at 10k your fine
leave it alone go and make a cup of tea / have a beer

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:03:35 PM

Thanks pjcltd, Do you know if there is a pool that is more accurate than BTC Guild then i tried slush's pool but didnt seem to be making near the BTC i was using BTC Guild. i have really been out of the scene for a long while and it seems everything has changed now that i am back. Still working on the network issue, but if i can get it fixed i would gladly give you a bounty to get the proxy configured locally and to help me get it set up on MultiMiner so i can see all my machines on one piece of software.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 11:19:50 PM

Thanks pjcltd, Do you know if there is a pool that is more accurate than BTC Guild then i tried slush's pool but didnt seem to be making near the BTC i was using BTC Guild. i have really been out of the scene for a long while and it seems everything has changed now that i am back. Still working on the network issue, but if i can get it fixed i would gladly give you a bounty to get the proxy configured locally and to help me get it set up on MultiMiner so i can see all my machines on one piece of software.
the problem you going to have is all the website are a guide only
so no matter where you go you will still have the same issue

I check my blades once a day just to make sure that all is good with each one.
as I have said before as long as you have over 10k in the top your all good

just keep an eye out for the dreaded 'xxxxx' on the blades
I have noticed that the longer they run for with out a FULL power down the more likely you will start to have issues.

I have a raspberry Pi that powers off my blades 1 full set at a time every 24 hours

it just gives you a bit more peace of mind if your away for a day or so like me
(and the wife don't give dame if its working or not)

I will have a look at MultiMiner this week when im off work
caminilegroup

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 11:29:45 PM

I have noticed speed differences between using slush's proxy on windows vs linux, linux being the winner. Windows' network core is crap, especially vista up.

I run my proxy on ubuntu 13.10 in a vm on my mac mini with bridge networking and it still performs faster that on my windows laptop.

Personally I wouldn't rely on a cloud proxy, use your own. slush seems to perform better than bfg miner's proxy.

I only have 4 v2 blades right now, but it took me a couple days to get everything setup right to get maximum hash rate. I average 41 GH/s on btc guild in a 24 hr period.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: