Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 10:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Hardware Scams  (Read 418 times)
brixton74 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:45:28 AM

Greetings folks, as the prices of bitcoins go up so do the number of scams.  I am a miner, and enjoy it, however in my quest for cheap hardware I have been bitten by two scams...one on Craigslist and one on ASIC-TECH.com.  Just wanted to pass along some friendly warnings.

1.  Do business locally if using Craigslist
2.  ASIC-TECH.com and ASICMARKET.com are both one in the same website, look closely at the content of both sites and you will see it is the same....these sites duped me (and a number of others) out of 0.1 bitcoin.
3.  It is important to know that once you send a bitcoin you can no longer get it back and most scammers play this card to the fullest.  They stay away from using PAYPAL since there actually is some customer defense available...with BITCOIN you are alone and unafraid and will pay the consequences. 

I am interested in trying to set up a website that will allow anyone to register a bitcoin wallet and provide feedback on wallets they think belong to scammers....or druglords or whomever....anyone want to support feel free to hit me up on here.  Best of luck folks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: