Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] BitInstant Sneak Preview - Request for Beta Testers  (Read 1869 times)
Gareth Nelson (OP)

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:29:36 PM

Calling all bitcoin traders!

It sucks trading bitcoin sometimes doesn't it? Slow deposits, slow withdrawals, slow BTC transfers, 3-5 working days waiting periods, no realtime tracking of your funds, no clue what's happening.

Someone should fix that, right? Someone did.......

As you may recall, myself and Yankee have been hard at work on a new service to speed up transfers to,from and between bitcoin exchanges. That service has a name, and the name is BitInstant.
We are now looking for interested traders to begin testing out one of our unique killer features which we believe is going to be of great interest to many of you. Traders who take part in these tests will be rewarded with a discount on fees and the opportunity to see
our service before anyone else.

At the time being, we are seeking only serious traders with an interest in active trading so that we can get our system fully tested. During this "sneak preview" period, interested traders will receive premium support and we will listen to all feedback with great interest.

The general public will have access to our service fairly soon afterwards, and you can rest assured that many of the little nagging pains with trading in bitcoin are going to simply fade away.

We have invested significant time and resources into developing and optimising our platform, now the time has come to let you see it for yourself - are you in?

Interested parties should contact myself or Yankee here by PM or by email: gareth@bitinstant.com or charlie@bitinstant.com

Please note that there are some conditions on this preview in exchange for the reduced fees and early access:
  • You need to be an active trader holding an active account at both TradeHill and MTGox
  • We will request high-quality feedback: this includes any and all questions, comments, complaints, concerns, praise or otherwise - we want it all, positive and negative
  • You will need to agree not to hand out your login details to any third party, but we want and expect people to make public reviews or comments about our service - just remember though that this sneak preview is demonstrating only one feature

BitInstant is brought to you in partnership with TradeHill, this partnership has made possible tighter integration with TradeHill's systems in order to make your transactions even more efficient.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taxlow

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:49:08 PM

i'll do it, i want to be the only one it's me
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 02:57:59 PM

Taxlow, send us your info, and we will be in touch!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:05:54 PM

What exactly are you making easier?? Arbitration?

Be humble!
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:15:10 PM

What exactly are you making easier?? Arbitration?

We plan to make everything easier Smiley
Our service aims to speed up all transfers within the bitcoin economy, taking away some of the annoying slowness. The idea first started when I was annoyed myself trying to get money in and out of MTGox and then TradeHill and grew from there.

We're not releasing too much info at this stage, but the sneak preview will show one of our most interesting features and i'll happily add you to the list if you're interested. Send me a PM with your email address or email me. I promise if you're an active trader on MTGox and TradeHill you will like our service.
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:15:45 PM

We now have a small group of confirmed testers but still need more - if you're interested then please let us know.
newminerr

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

The day to rise has come.

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:44:19 PM

I will be glad to help  Cheesy
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:00:40 PM

I will be glad to help  Cheesy

And we'll be glad to have you on board Smiley
PM me with an email address and i'll add you to our list
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 06:40:26 PM

Fantastic, we have a nice amount of people so far!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:47:49 PM

Awesome, count me in! (sent you an e-mail)
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:58:18 PM

I assume this is US only right? Or do you deal with other currencies besides USD? It would be cool if you could speed up SEPA transfers  Cool
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 09:15:04 PM

It sounds like this is a way to transfer JUST BTC quicker. Not USD for example.
But I am just speculating and tagging along for the read. I really do not see any
mention of making the transfer of USD faster between two exchanges.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 09:18:09 PM

I assume this is US only right? Or do you deal with other currencies besides USD? It would be cool if you could speed up SEPA transfers  Cool

The payment processors we partnered with accept European accounts, so you'll be able to set it up.
but upon launch we won't accept SEPA transfers, it will be soon coming.

Shoot me a PM and I'll add ya to the list  Grin

It sounds like this is a way to transfer JUST BTC quicker. Not USD for example.
But I am just speculating and tagging along for the read. I really do not see any
mention of making the transfer of USD faster between two exchanges.

No its not a way to transfer just btc quicker.
The last part of what you said is actually dead on! We made the transfer of USD instant into and between exchanges.
And thats only upon launch! We have much more rolled up our sleeves

Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 11:47:17 AM

Just to let people know, we'll likely be sending out login details later on today, so if you're interested get in touch now.
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 04:31:55 AM

We now have a list of accounts setup and will be emailing those of you who signed up at midday today UK time.

Thanks to all those who signed up.
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:36:40 AM

Now people have been sent their login details we're looking forward to helping you all out in working with our system.

Thanks again everyone Smiley
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:51:19 PM

So any reviews?
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:11:54 AM

The preview period is coming to a close now, we're moving towards general launch this monday coming.

With help from testers, we've made a lot of improvements to the service and you can login yourself without a password now so I urge everyone to check it out (the sneak preview is still only demonstrating one feature).

One thing that came to light from testing is just how many traders want a decent automated means to transfer funds between exchanges, so we now have an API available here - http://www.bitinstant.com/sneakpreview/api
We also have more payment methods on the way and improved our dynamic pricing system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: