Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 05:54:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe Ripple and Eth will be out of action today!  (Read 99 times)
jamesashmore1964 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Ripple: The class action in California has its merits and could deem XRP as a security. The SEC will take this into consideration today!
ETH: ETH was launched as a security and many of its spawns are securities: Take it out: Problem solved! Howey Test reigns!

Outcome if 2 Negatives Today: Minus 50 market cap for everything and BTC will Soar!

The SEC might not make a statement about its direction leaving a cloud over this space!

Up to you!
bobylee

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:49:00 AM

It would be better for BTC but not for ETH and Ripple. However, I hope all will perform better and there will be no more unwanted movement that will affect negatively.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:53:05 AM

Why didn't I see the news on May 7th?
This is a question that I'm curious about. Huh Huh

jonloner011

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:35:18 PM

May be but they are thinking their own way of doing business. Where bit coin is also taking many initiative because many summit happening based on bitcoin because it’s a profitable sector and people can get more profit from here. So it’s an emerging sector nowadays which has good value in future. Also Bitcoin users are so lucky because of their market share.
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:36:51 PM

ETH will remain in the field and people will still have it and hold.
Ripple is another case, since they start this thing i never trust the project. and look at them now. they are the next centra.
ripple is just living with FUDS.
3kpk3

Activity: 952
Merit: 149

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

This move by SEC might affect the values of Ripple and Ethereum in the short term, but I doubt it would cause any substantial long term damage. This is the reason why I continue to HODL my ETH and XRP at the moment. If Bitcoin does indeed rise due to this move, this is great news since it could pass the $10k mark and start moving towards $11k again soon. Don't worry too much about this move op. Another rally is coming soon(Gut feeling).

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 03:55:24 PM

Lol this is so ridiculous.  People act as if the SEC is some all encompassing authority that speaks for the world or something.

So the US declares these two coins a security, Guess what? It only affects Ripple which is a US based company, Ethereum is a Swiss Non profit.
The SEC has no jurisdiction over Eth at all.

It can, however, extract taxes from US citizens and residents who make profit from holding or trading securities.

For Ripple, GREAT! I would like to see it die a horrible death.

But as far as affecting the price of ETH, the US market is just a tiny drop of water in a vast ocean that is Crypto.

The largest markets in Crypto are overwhelmingly in China, Korea, and Japan.

US crypto money isn't enough to bring any project down significantly.

The moral of the story? research and knowledge beats out wild speculation anyday.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: