Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:01:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peercoin better than bitcoin?  (Read 736 times)
bittymymitty (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:41:18 AM

Peercoin seems like it overcomes the 51% problem bitcoin has, so is peercoin the longterm winner once mining ends?

I mean once all bitcoin have been mined out.. no reason for miners to keep all that hardware going, the NSA could take over the entire network and be in sole control of all transactions.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:46:19 AM

You are talking about many many years in the future.
Having said that i think ppc is one of the notables alts.

Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:52:13 AM

Peercoin seems like it overcomes the 51% problem bitcoin has, so is peercoin the longterm winner once mining ends?

I mean once all bitcoin have been mined out.. no reason for miners to keep all that hardware going, the NSA could take over the entire network and be in sole control of all transactions.

Curious, (I'm ignorant about this) what kind of problems do bitcoins have but peercoins don't?

I highly doubt the NSA will take over the network...

What will they get?

Criticism, hatred, and more hatred than they already have right now.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:57:05 AM

I think op implies that when the blocks will start rewarding miners only with fees, that the incentive will not be any longer enough and the total hashing power will drop.

kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:10:42 AM

The reason Bitcoin has 90% percent of the market cap and other Alt Coins 10%, is due to network effect. For an AltCoin to take over Bitcoin, the innovation or advantage has to be so big to overcome the network effect.
On the otherside of the coin, AltCoins are lower in price, so the possibility of higher reward is greater as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: