Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is everyone on ebay completely crazy?  (Read 2087 times)
Agsic

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:07:23 PM

Demand is what dictateste price.
caminilegroup

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:26:32 PM

I bought two v2 blade at the end of October for 250 each, fast forward to the third week of November, I ended up paying 425 each for two more v2 blades. When I tried to get the seller down, he / she claimed that the price is tied to btc. I bought them, but also stated "You are getting one hell of a profit since you bought these for a fraction of what you are selling them for"

Sad part is I can get a 100 GH/s X-1 for less than the blades now.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

Heck, if someone is willing to pay a high price, why not? It's called capitalism and most of us fell for it at first and learned a lesson. But one very important fact to remember is that calculators are limited in that they use current price. I moronically turned-off my litecoin mining in the Summer when the calculator said it was not worth the electricity. Guess what? I would be alot richer now if I had kept on doing it. The big "X" factor is future price which only a psychic can help you with.  lol

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
fsparv (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:03:12 PM

I bought two v2 blade at the end of October for 250 each, fast forward to the third week of November, I ended up paying 425 each for two more v2 blades. When I tried to get the seller down, he / she claimed that the price is tied to btc. I bought them, but also stated "You are getting one hell of a profit since you bought these for a fraction of what you are selling them for"

In march... don't miss this from the bottom of the description "This is a PRE-ORDER, available for dispatch at end of February 2014" use an online calculator... difficulty increases have been averaging near 25-30% and it's going to be shooting up when the new machines start firing up. Order now and there'll be a lot of folks getting online before  you.

Nothing out there is not worth much if you get it in march unless difficulty stalls out or price goes back to it's 10x/month rate of increase (both of which are unlikely imho). If you start on march one, and ignore electricity and shipping, then 100Gh in marge will get you around $350 in ~70 days, and less than $100 for all time to come after that.

Also don't miss the "minimum order 10 units" at the top... Smiley
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:07:18 PM

Yes the prices on ebay are very high, it looks as good business to preorder miner at manufacturer, and when you receive it, sell on ebay (and mine in meantime)  Smiley

What use is a signature?
fsparv (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:12:17 PM

Yes the prices on ebay are very high, it looks as good business to preorder miner at manufacturer, and when you receive it, sell on ebay (and mine in meantime)  Smiley
'

If the feeding frenzy lasts for another 3 months...
-X-RaTeD-

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:22:39 PM

Those that buy on eBay will complain about excessive prices... but those of us that sell complain of other reasons...

I sold a BFL asic for ~3k USD and those crooks over at eBay charged me $250 in final value fees... so of course things are going to cost more, especially since demand determines the price, and items are worth what people are willing to pay (which can be more or less actual value).
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:55:56 PM

In march... don't miss this from the bottom of the description "This is a PRE-ORDER, available for dispatch at end of February 2014" use an online calculator... difficulty increases have been averaging near 25-30% and it's going to be shooting up when the new machines start firing up. Order now and there'll be a lot of folks getting online before  you.

Nothing out there is not worth much if you get it in march unless difficulty stalls out or price goes back to it's 10x/month rate of increase (both of which are unlikely imho). If you start on march one, and ignore electricity and shipping, then 100Gh in marge will get you around $350 in ~70 days, and less than $100 for all time to come after that.

Also don't miss the "minimum order 10 units" at the top... Smiley

I am in the process of becoming an authorized reseller for Black Arrow so I can offer single units. There is only one reseller in the us and I wasn't to pleased with his business practice when I did place an order.

caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:58:13 PM

Those that buy on eBay will complain about excessive prices... but those of us that sell complain of other reasons...

I sold a BFL asic for ~3k USD and those crooks over at eBay charged me $250 in final value fees... so of course things are going to cost more, especially since demand determines the price, and items are worth what people are willing to pay (which can be more or less actual value).

I'm not complaining about the price increase. I bought it because I wanted them and it is what it is. With bitcoin going back up I expect to pay the same if not a little more per blade next time.
Trademan1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:15:49 PM

A couple of months ago I bought 2 x Blades and 90 USBs total cost of about AUS$1k. About 1 month ago I picked up 3 of the Blue furies for about AUS$100 each.  I wouldn't even contemplate buying anything that is in hand at the current prices, and id be even less inclined to pay $ now for something that will arrive in possibly 3 months. The BFL story has scared me away from that idea. So just have to mine with what ive got, and see how long it lasts I guess.
-X-RaTeD-

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:28:38 PM

I'm not complaining about the price increase. I bought it because I wanted them and it is what it is. With bitcoin going back up I expect to pay the same if not a little more per blade next time.

I understand where you are comming from. My post was generally speaking, not directed towards anyone in particular  Smiley
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:39:31 PM

Prices at ebay are high, when I use mining calculators you cant mine the dollars back unless Bitcoin price rises. I guess everyone speculate on Bitcoin price rise...
madao

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:01:01 PM

As a recent Bitcoin convert (end of October 2013), I have participated in frenzy, having been intermittently fleeced along the way.
However, in the short 6 weeks or so I have been in the market, the chance of finding a square deal on eBay has plummeted.

My first forray into mining was a 24hour BFL jalapeno contract, which has not payed for itself, even with the price increase, and certainly was nowhere close to paying for itself 6 weeks ago, but it did not matter because I was a consenting adult looking to learn about mining.

Yesterday I saw contracts for 1 hour of mining at various speeds... 1 HOUR.. charging 30-50 dollars!

Indeed, you have to wonder about the possible money laundering aspect..

1PgVAFtdNoKeFDmCc6Vq2jd72au8qjj8wE
Murphy1138

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:20:17 PM

I bought 14 ASIC block Eruptors USBs for £160 GBP a few months ago, so far they have mined me 0.19055526 BTC and about 200,000 ASIC coins and 600 OSC.

Never thought they would make the ROI, just think they are cool - I make more using my GPU rigs and 6x Dell 2950 servers mining FTC/LTC/FST/RED coins! then trading for either LTC or BTC then trading on BTC-E.

Took out over $1k in the last week when BTC/LTC was high.

Smiley
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:33:16 PM

I understand where you are comming from. My post was generally speaking, not directed towards anyone in particular  Smiley

Oh I know, I wasn't bashing or anything.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:34:42 PM

Guys be very careful of sellers on Ebay.
Once a friend of mine order a power supply unit and all he got was a metal case filled with sand!  Shocked

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:36:37 PM

As a recent Bitcoin convert (end of October 2013), I have participated in frenzy, having been intermittently fleeced along the way.
However, in the short 6 weeks or so I have been in the market, the chance of finding a square deal on eBay has plummeted.

My first forray into mining was a 24hour BFL jalapeno contract, which has not payed for itself, even with the price increase, and certainly was nowhere close to paying for itself 6 weeks ago, but it did not matter because I was a consenting adult looking to learn about mining.

Yesterday I saw contracts for 1 hour of mining at various speeds... 1 HOUR.. charging 30-50 dollars!

Indeed, you have to wonder about the possible money laundering aspect..

I will say be wary of the contracts on eBay. This is my correspondence to one seller of one:

Dear caminilegroup,

Hi,

Thank you for your email. One thing that you are missing in your calculations is the expense side of things. Please know that eBay takes 10%, PayPal 4%, the cost of equipment $16,000 and the cost of 10 amps running at 24 hours.

I just wanted to give you the full picture and not just the revenue side of things. Also please note that we charge about a third of the price per hash rate as the closest competitor on here. Yes, we make a profit, but isn't that why we are all here on eBay?

Cheers,

George

- ca_blacklab
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: ca_blacklab
Subject: Other: caminilegroup sent a message about 240 GH/s Bitcoin BTC Mining Contract By The Hour ( Butterfly Labs 60 / Single ) #161166633885
Sent Date: Dec-05-13 07:06:28 PST

Dear ca_blacklab,

24 Hours is 718 dollars to you with only ~118 in mining. An hour of mining will net ~0.00710914083333 with at current price is $7 USD. You're pretty much stealing at your price.  

- caminilegroup

240 GH/s Bitcoin BTC Mining Contract By The Hour  ( Butterfly Labs 60 / Single )   
240 GH/s Bitcoin BTC Mining Contract By The Hour ( Butterfly Labs 60 / Single )
Item Id:   161166633885
End time:   Jan-02-14 14:46:46 PST
Seller:
ca_blacklab (1208)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Aug-08-00 in United States
Listing Status:   This message was sent while the listing was active.

You have to do the math, and then you realize you will not ROI. This guy is basically stealing, and doesn't care.
fsparv (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

I bought 14 ASIC block Eruptors USBs for £160 GBP a few months ago, so far they have mined me 0.19055526 BTC and about 200,000 ASIC coins and 600 OSC.

Never thought they would make the ROI, just think they are cool - I make more using my GPU rigs and 6x Dell 2950 servers mining FTC/LTC/FST/RED coins! then trading for either LTC or BTC then trading on BTC-E.

Took out over $1k in the last week when BTC/LTC was high.

Smiley

fixed that for ya Wink
cunixion

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:23:56 PM

ebay is a scammers dream.  I avoid that website at all costs.

scammers are also here and everywhere else, just have to be careful.
shumr2261

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:26:26 PM

people want to be part of the craze.. of course.. i bought a jalapeño and it took 8 months to ship.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: