Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:32:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meaningless and Redundant Topics  (Read 424 times)
antifraud01

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:43:48 AM

This is a problem that there is no way. After all, newcomers can't see the problem so far. They just want to make money. At the same time, the use of Bitcoin is still too little, so there is no discussion on the use of it.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:54:02 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 02:20:23 PM by criz2fer

So what should be done? How do we solve this? Well I don't have a certain answer but I have ideas. Please share your ideas also, I'm opening this thread for brainstorming. First of all, merit system is apparently not enough to provoke people into opening quality threads. Before opening a thread, people should be incited into researching, and checking if the question in their mind has been discussed before. And after researching, if they can't find the answer to their specific question anywhere, then they should open new threads.

Lets start from opening a topic or a thread. Since this is uncontrollable, WE SHOULD CHECK all the topics that should be posted in the forum or, SOMEONE should check (moderator, DT, concerned members, dedicated people).

Apparently, this is the main issue here, if this will not stop, the forum will be spammed forever.

We should have at least make an approval button(or an approver) before a topic will be posted to make an organized section. Knowledgeable from the histories and other post would be a nominee for this. Just an idea.

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:30:07 PM

A very interesting topic causes to caught the attention of posters but not all are quality, I think the very solution to the thread you are pointing to is to limit the page, I don't know how to give the satisfying answer for that but limiting the page  from one thread is the best solution to your inquiry, posts from 6-10 page is quite informative and educative to those who have question.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:05:47 PM

A very interesting topic causes to caught the attention of posters but not all are quality, I think the very solution to the thread you are pointing to is to limit the page, I don't know how to give the satisfying answer for that but limiting the page  from one thread is the best solution to your inquiry, posts from 6-10 page is quite informative and educative to those who have question.
Not all thread need to lock when it reaches 6-10 pages, that the cause of redundant topic when somebody needs to re-open topic with similar to the old one. The very best thing to do is "Report to Moderator" when you see a spam, shitpost and other behavior that against the rule of the forum.
I agree that newbie must restrict to post any section aside in Beginners and Help. The newbie must be a focus on that thread to gather more information.

Theymos needs to recruit moderators that don't have financial conflicts on the forum.  :/
Well, this is the right thing to do if theymos agree on this. More MOD's fewer spam topics, but as of now let's help DT members and MOD's by reporting to them.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:40:49 PM

I think locking megathreads as well as the prevention of creating similar topics can be a solution. My idea of prevention of course is a screening process made by a moderator whether the topic can be published or not in that section. This would mean more work for the forum moderators but I think adding more moderators would be enough to carry the workload. Screening potential megathreads beforehand would make the forum more cleaner as topics will be limited to intellectual ones, topics that will require more about the facts rather than your own opinion.

My other alternative would be upgrading the "Report to Moderator" function, currently the function only includes the reporting of abusive or wrongly posted message. If they also allow reporting of Megathreads and Garbage threads then it would help moderators to spot the ones they can validly lock/delete. With that inclusion I do think it will help cut out the spam and worthless threads being created by our fellow members.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
NickCliar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:01:51 PM

I think newbie account like us shouldn't have the authority to make new topic unless they created their first 14 post or replies, this will discourage newbies that are planning to create a new thread that has been already made many times before.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:33:53 AM

First of all, merit system is apparently not enough to provoke people into opening quality threads.

This is true. The merit system indeed contributed to the spam and shitpost problem of the forum. Not to mention the abusive alts that are just in here to rank up fast. But it can not stop it alone.
There is still no other way that would be convinient to majority of the users especially that it is the burden of the mods and merit sources and increase their workload.

Before opening a thread, people should be incited into researching, and checking if the question in their mind has been discussed before. And after researching, if they can't find the answer to their specific question anywhere, then they should open new threads.

This is actually promoted by many mods and they are even making contests for it just to encourage users.
I think it helped but still problems like this can't just disappear in a blink of an eye.

I think the acts are very satisfactory yet we need more ideas to set things with justice to everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: