Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ripple is amazing  (Read 962 times)
spacegoat (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:33:03 AM

I'm really impressed with their infrastructure, not so much with the aspect of premining, but their infrastructure seems like it has yet to be filled but will be filled.

so there are 100,000,000,000 XRP in existence, I am guessing that over time they become pretty rare, the investors behind ripple make it seem like they're in it for the long haul, catering to the mainstream.

I have tried to get ripple since i read about it, but bitstamp makes you send in a bunch of documents and it takes a week to get verified so i never went through with it

but i found kraken.com , they just verify you on your word.  its a really well made site made by forex dudes i guess. 

what ripple is i'm not quite sure, but will it take off in the future i have a feeling it will it has a marketcap larger than litecoin, as number two behind bitcoin, but it has an entirely separate system than bitcoin and actually compliments bitcoin.  they are pretty smart whoever is behind ripple, the keeping half of the currency to the developers is gnarly but they it seems like they are doing a pretty good job so far.

what do you think?

yeah baby yeah

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:41:36 AM

Ripple is a scam.

Radix - just imagine
tubbyjr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:44:36 AM

So let me quote you.

"I'm not sure what ripple is, but it fits the description of a ponzi scheme almost perfectly, so this must mean there is money to be made, please join in on this ponzi everyone."

The worst pre-mined altcoins didn't even come close to what ripple labs has pre-mined. Now, add that to the fact that it's purely centralized, it's even worse than fiat currencies.
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:46:10 AM

The concept of Ripple transactions is really good, but the actual currency XRP is a total scam.  The company basically admitted "Yeah, we're gonna release this currency and have people buy it so that we get rich and have total control over it."

I'm surprised the government hasn't called them on it, actually.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
wexx

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:14:50 AM

Ripple is a scam.

yep!
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:16:16 AM

Ripple Huh when are they gonna distributed the 80% XRP to the public
aggster

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:21:19 AM

premined centralised scam
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:58:50 AM

Amazing yes, if you have one of the devs getting of that big premine

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:01:43 AM

The market cap of ripple is already bigger than litecoin. Just multiply the price of 1 XRP per 100 billions.

cudjex

Activity: 507
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:10:48 AM

premined centralised scam
+1
qplayer

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

I'm really impressed with their infrastructure, not so much with the aspect of premining, but their infrastructure seems like it has yet to be filled but will be filled.

so there are 100,000,000,000 XRP in existence, I am guessing that over time they become pretty rare, the investors behind ripple make it seem like they're in it for the long haul, catering to the mainstream.

I have tried to get ripple since i read about it, but bitstamp makes you send in a bunch of documents and it takes a week to get verified so i never went through with it

but i found kraken.com , they just verify you on your word.  its a really well made site made by forex dudes i guess. 

what ripple is i'm not quite sure, but will it take off in the future i have a feeling it will it has a marketcap larger than litecoin, as number two behind bitcoin, but it has an entirely separate system than bitcoin and actually compliments bitcoin.  they are pretty smart whoever is behind ripple, the keeping half of the currency to the developers is gnarly but they it seems like they are doing a pretty good job so far.

what do you think?

I too am impressed with Ripples. I trade digital goods with people in the US and using Bitcoins is a nightmare for the below reasons.

1. Not everyone trusts online wallets so they download the client -  This problem could be solved if they used Electrum
2. Confirmations sometimes take 40 minutes - This could be solved if we both had Gox accounts and done Bitcoin to Bitcoin withdrawal

My typical Paypal trade is below:

1. I send £ to Payal - This is through online banking transfer and is quicker than Bitcoins but slower than Ripples
2. I send the payment as a personal payment to the US. It costs $2.50  and a 3% fee to convert £ to $

The person trusts me otherwise this trade wouldn't be possible due to charge backs.

If 2 people who already had Bitcoins were to attempt the above trade it would work fine. To be honest Litcoins would be even better.
The problem is how to get the money from the bank to the other persons bank. I believe Ripple can achieve this better than all ALT coins. You can send Currency in the Ripple network with a small fee of 0.2%( Bitstamp)

Ripple labs is a for Profit organisation. They intend to keep 45% of all Ripples. It would be like someone introducing Bitcoins and keeping 9.45 Million Bitcoins. The question you have ask yourself  is:

How much money is spent on electricity and mining equipment for Bitcoins?
Is Bitcoins better the Litecoins?
Is Litcoins better than Ripples

This video below is why I'm going to try to push Ripples in favor of the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX0O8BkKUhw

By the way Ripple isn't a currency and Bitcoins are more like Gold but unlike Gold the day will come when it has 0 value. Ripple may have 0 value as well but its gonna take something brilliant to knock it out while Litecoins are better than Bitcoins as we speak!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:41:05 PM

premined and instamined, are good coin in comparison
dawie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

BTC for a better world

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:42:06 PM

scam

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: