Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought bitcoins at 729 dollars on btc-e one hour ago but still didn't receive !  (Read 1757 times)
exynos645 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:04:41 AM

Hello, I bought 95 dollars worth of bitcoins about one hour ago at 729 but still did not receive anything. Will I receive the money or should I cancel the order and rebuy because bitcoins are now at 780 and going up.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:11:00 AM

Hello, I bought 95 dollars worth of bitcoins about one hour ago at 729 but still did not receive anything. Will I receive the money or should I cancel the order and rebuy because bitcoins are now at 780 and going up.

well if you can still cancel the order, that means your order didn't go through. order's only go through if there is an order at matching price. if that doesn't solve your problem, and indeed you have encountered a glitch the correct thing would be to:

1. look for a transaction hash, then check it on blockchain.info. if it says something like confirmtime: 50 minutes(Queue position 430) this is completely normal. the bitcoin software can only handle 100,000 or so transactions per minute, so during periods of high activity(such as when the price rapidly goes up/down, it may take longer to process transactions. these periods are usually accompanied with sluggish bitcoin client performance, and slow block times, followed normal periods with a few short(3-4 minute) block times, then  a resumption of normal block times.

if you stilll cant find your transaction id, or need help. contact their customer support. they should help you. in the event that they don't, you might consider opening a scam accusation against them.

hope this helps.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
exynos645 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:13:51 AM

Where do I find transaction hash ?
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:23:42 AM

Do you see your buy order as still open and cancel-able or are you seeing your transaction history and your btc never got through?
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:30:35 AM

Let me guess: You used a limit order?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:33:19 AM

It sounds like you placed your buy order at $729, but by the time you placed it, the price had already gone up, so its an unfulfiled order. On the front page, scroll down until you see this:

If you see your order in the, "Your Current Active Orders" tab, you can cancel it and get your money back.
exynos645 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:47:34 AM

But I don't want to cancel it !!! I btc-e took the order so why so why should I cancel it ?
kopipe

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:50:09 AM

But I don't want to cancel it !!! I btc-e took the order so why so why should I cancel it ?

Priceless. Cheesy

コピペ copypaste
Voodah

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:16:51 AM

I hope this is just a buy and not you trying to day trade.
glite

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:26:46 AM

Priceless. Cheesy
Roll Eyes
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:37:47 PM

Priceless. Cheesy
Roll Eyes

i can place an order to buy 1 BTC for $1 should they honor it?

at the end of the day btc-e is the middle man and your dealing with other humans for the most part if the price has gone up then the price has gone up and theree nothing you or btc-e can do. people think they can bitch and complain about exchanges not being fair but the exchange isnt the one judging the market price or holding the bitcoins there the middle people and theres 2 sets of idiots and a computer system between all trades

idiot 1 buying or selling coins ------btc-e----- idiot 2 doing the opposite of idiot 1

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:47:29 PM

Look up what a "limit order" is.

BTC-e is an exchange, not a bitcoin-webshop.
exynos645 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

I meant that I placed the order expected the exchange to be done, if there was a limit order or what so ever stoping them then btc-e should have informed me instead of letting me in front of my computer waiting for the order to be processed. Time I could have used to place another order. I lost 10 percent profit on it and if I had been informed I would have made at least 5%.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:44:33 PM

I meant that I placed the order expected the exchange to be done, if there was a limit order or what so ever stoping them then btc-e should have informed me instead of letting me in front of my computer waiting for the order to be processed. Time I could have used to place another order. I lost 10 percent profit on it and if I had been informed I would have made at least 5%.

maybe the price ranged got filled which would force the price up and so your order wouldnt have gone through. youve got to me careful and quick on btc-e as the price can change 2 or 3 times in the gap of placing 1 order. id call it a lesson learned as theres not much else you can do. if an order dosnt fill instantly then the price has changed or there isnt the supply at that price always go a bit higher and the exchange will automatically try to save you the money

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:52:12 PM

No, they shouldn't, but you should have learned how exchanges work before you signed up for one. This is how every exchange (currency, stock, you name it) in the world works.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:47:31 PM

Sigh..

You placed an order for what you thought it was, maybe you left your order page open for 10 minutes and it went up so your account is waiting to buy BTc at $729. but by the time you clicked buy they were no longer selling that low.

You could simply leave it alone and hope the price drops back down to your range or lower and the system will buy it for you. or you cancel and rebuy at the current rate.

This is how trading work's, you can be off by 30 seconds, and .0001 BTC on pricing and the order will just sit..

Thinks you need to learn how it works Wink
exynos645 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:54:55 PM

The thing is that I did not let the order page opened 10 min and from my very short experience btc-e automatically updates its order page.
exynos645 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:58:37 PM

The good news is that I am learning fast and that I am recovering from stupid stuff I did when I started yesterday.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:06:53 PM

The good news is that I am learning fast and that I am recovering from stupid stuff I did when I started yesterday.

Well that's the right attitude, at least. Keep it up.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Voodah

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:16:57 AM

Well that's the right attitude, at least. Keep it up.

+1

Indeed, we've all been there... sort of..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: