Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCash fork  (Read 124 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

Are you expecting something to happen on may 15th?

https://coincodex.com/article/1569/bitcoin-cash-hard-fork-scheduled-for-may-15-but-there-will-be-no-new-tokens/

Im curious to know how can the Bcash people guarantee there will be no split. How can they know this? what if some miners ally just to keep mining the legacy chain to keep the 8MB fork alive? (they want to hardfork to 32MB)

So anyway, I still did not dump all of my BCH, should I wait or should I dump before the fork happens?

Since supposedly, there's no split, then I don't see why people would buy it, since there will be no "free tokens on another blockchain" situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:31:50 PM

https://coincodex.com/article/1569/bitcoin-cash-hard-fork-scheduled-for-may-15-but-there-will-be-no-new-tokens/

Im curious to know how can the Bcash people guarantee there will be no split. How can they know this? what if some miners ally just to keep mining the legacy chain to keep the 8MB fork alive? (they want to hardfork to 32MB)

So anyway, I still did not dump all of my BCH, should I wait or should I dump before the fork happens?

Since supposedly, there's no split, then I don't see why people would buy it, since there will be no "free tokens on another blockchain" situation.

its funny that there are not only hundreds of forks, now even forks and getting forked Cheesy I have no issues with some forks that make sense and really solve the scalability or other issues, but majority of the forks are just funny

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:47:05 PM

its funny that there are not only hundreds of forks, now even forks and getting forked Cheesy I have no issues with some forks that make sense and really solve the scalability or other issues, but majority of the forks are just funny

Well they sell hardforks as simple updates, and my point is, if you can be hardforking a coin so often without no problems, it means your project is too small and irrelevant so there isn't enough people to create discrepancies, or your project is simply centralized, allowing for "clean" hardforks (no surviving two tokens).

I can't wait to watch ETH go PoS and watch the fireworks unfold, I predict a bit of a mess there. With BCash I think nobody will even bother mining the 8MB chain, then they will call this a success hardfork, when it just means nobody cares enough about BCash to screw it up during one of their numerous hardforks.
pootutus

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:49:26 PM

I think this fork has no effect on BCH. We all know that there were too many forks last year, and a lot of forks were made by miners, and most of the forks did not help bitcoin, and they were just a part of the miners who did it for the benefit of the miners.
thiendaicat

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:52:21 PM

I bought the BCH from the $ 700 price, I'll keep it until Harkfork, hope it does not disappoint me.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:25:53 AM

So Consensus it's over and so is the fork. I know some people that went to the Consensus conference and they confirmed me that it was a total altcoin scamfest with a ton of ICO's pitching scams, even some walking token cosplays on the boots. The Bitcoin dot com boot was buried on this bunch of altcoin stuff which is funny. Some notable appareances include Adam Back and fluffypony from Monero, but im not sure I could highlight anyone else.

Anyway, the "Consensus pump" was a failure, the price is dumping after the fork as expected. Everyone that got tricked into "the flippening" lost money again. Buy BTC before we start going up and dump the BCash.
Artlee87

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:30:37 AM

Does this have anything to do with the 30bn sell off of EOS and Bitcoin Cash? Also, why would people buy bitcoin cash fork if there are no free tokens? Distribution seems iffy on this one
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:56:06 AM

Does this have anything to do with the 30bn sell off of EOS and Bitcoin Cash? Also, why would people buy bitcoin cash fork if there are no free tokens? Distribution seems iffy on this one

The dynamics of the hardforking events on price are rather strange and unpredictable.

Typically the argument was, "buy X token before Y hardfork, to get the equivalent of X token on the other chain after the split". Now this was supposed to be a clean hardfork without a surviving former chain. I have no idea if someone is mining "BCash-8MB" and if this will get listed somewhere.

But even without this happening, just the news that "X coin is having a hardfork" always brings headlines and headlines means speculators making decisions. Looks like it turned to be another "buy the rumor, sell the news event". The hype for BCash is over again.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:34:55 PM

Ironic that there is a fork to be made off of another fork lol. If it is a good one and does as good as bitcoin cash has done in the market in the previous months then it will be a good one to get involved in. Although I am not a huge fan of forks, bitcoin cash has proven to be a good one so we'll see.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:51:33 PM

I wonder when will this bitcoin cash die deceiving people buying bitcoin cash instead of bitcoin and trying to change the name of bitcoin to bitcoin core in order to deceive more people and now this, they even got supporters how delusional can they be. i hope this people supporting bitcoin cash will wake up.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:18:17 PM

According to fork.lol, there hasn't been any changes whatsoever after the fork, so this means no increased hashrate, no increased transaction demand, no increased security for the network, nothing...

https://fork.lol/reward/dari/btc

It's pretty obvious there's just no demand for bigger blocks, which shows how insane Gavin Andressen was when back in the day he was saying it was urgent to increase the blocksize it otherwise the end of the world was coming to the Bitcoin network... meanwhile here we are with an almost empty mempool.

http://gavinandresen.ninja/why-increasing-the-max-block-size-is-urgent

Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:23:32 AM

Ironic isn't it? That someone is making a fork off of another fork. I wonder what they will call this one but mostly I am just curious if the people making the fork will call it the real bitcoin cash just like the people who made the bitcoin cash fork like to refer to it as the real bitcoin. Forks are not good and they do not serve any purposes. It will end up just dying out in a matter of time
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:51:06 PM

Ironic isn't it? That someone is making a fork off of another fork. I wonder what they will call this one but mostly I am just curious if the people making the fork will call it the real bitcoin cash just like the people who made the bitcoin cash fork like to refer to it as the real bitcoin. Forks are not good and they do not serve any purposes. It will end up just dying out in a matter of time

There have been previous forks already. when they changed the Estimated Difficulty Adjustment for instance, this required a further hardfork, which some trolls used to create "Bitcoin Clashic":

https://twitter.com/bitcoinclashic

So yeah, it already happened, but im not sure if anyone even bothered to do it this time with the 8MB fork. The fact that BCash is making all these hard forks and smooth sailing around them without much discrepancy just proves it's a centralized project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: