Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Mining on Ixcoin, a new Bitcoin fork  (Read 9016 times)
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:14:50 AM

Frankly, there's nothing wrong with Bitcoin. No, I'm not talking about the economy that's sprung up around Bitcoin, I'm talking about Bitcoin itself.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with Bitcoin?  Is it something that IXcoin, Smurfcoin, or some other fork can solve?

I think most things a person could bring up would be things like: Mt. Gox, Mybitcoin, difficulty using exchanges, lack of accountability, lack of insurance, mass adoption, business adoption, etc. -- things that are connected to Bitcoin, but not Bitcoin itself.

So starting a new blockchain does *nothing* to bring us even one nanometer closer to electronic currency nirvana.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bizzy

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:52:44 AM

It's obvious there is a need for this... maybe the bitcoin difficulty is too high ?

This could help getting the difficulty down.

High difficulty means the network is secure - it is a good thing.

Frankly, there's nothing wrong with Bitcoin. No, I'm not talking about the economy that's sprung up around Bitcoin, I'm talking about Bitcoin itself.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with Bitcoin?  Is it something that IXcoin, Smurfcoin, or some other fork can solve?

The problem with Bitcoins is that it won't make Thomas Nasakioto into a millionaire overnight...
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 01:54:06 AM

The problem with Bitcoins is that it won't make Thomas Nasakioto into a millionaire overnight...

Oh yes they will...

Conversation between SA members:
Goon1: I'll edit the bitcoin code and those morons will mine my coins.

Goon2: What???

Goon1: Yeah. I'll even offer bounties in my useless coins for them to build exchanges and other stuff!

Goon3: What for?

Goon1: Then they will pay bitcoin for my useless Ixcoins. They'll get to keep the Ixcoin and I'll get some free Bitcoins.

Goon4: Why da fuck do you want Bitcoins? That shit is useless!

Goon1: Yes, it's useless, but i can get dollars with them!

ALL: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
And here you guys are, being played like puppets...
Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 03:17:48 AM

I mean it should be obvious from his original post.  He comes up with a japanese name and puts a japanese picture as his avatar so he can siphon off a supposed "Satoshi"-esque aura "hey, he is from japan.  must be awesome!!11!".  Then someone finds out he stole some random dude's picture.  He responds by saying "oh, I have him as an avatar because I like that guy".  Convenient.  On top of that, his name is found to be an anagram of Satoshi's full name.  Which is particularly odd because he advertises his real name as such and even went as far as to create a facebook account with the same/name picture to make himself appear as a real person.

And obviously the whole mining 500k coins before presenting it to the rest of the community.  All it takes is a little bit of research to find this all out.  Some people are making quick returns in BTC off it but I don't think they are mistaken that Ixcoin is some sort of legitimate alternative to bitcoin.
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:17:47 AM

Oh yes they will...

Conversation between SA members:
Goon1: I'll edit the bitcoin code and those morons will mine my coins.

Goon2: What???

Goon1: Yeah. I'll even offer bounties in my useless coins for them to build exchanges and other stuff!

Goon3: What for?

Goon1: Then they will pay bitcoin for my useless Ixcoins. They'll get to keep the Ixcoin and I'll get some free Bitcoins.

Goon4: Why da fuck do you want Bitcoins? That shit is useless!

Goon1: Yes, it's useless, but i can get dollars with them!

ALL: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
And here you guys are, being played like puppets...

Did you read the thread at all? Everyone here is doing the opposite - saying he is full of shit. So, you know, good joke you have there but it failed miserably.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:28:24 AM

Everyone here is doing the opposite - saying he is full of shit.

Up. to. his. neck.

bizzy

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 09:20:14 AM

So, is .00000001 IXC = 1 Thomas?.... hahahha

Anyone would think it's April 1st...
Artefact2

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 11:20:18 AM

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with Bitcoin?

Hmm, it doesn't scale at all. Mining is flawed because it favors pooled mining (not really good for the decentralized part of the network). Also, the code of the client is pretty horrible as well. Also, the wallet.dat is stored unencrypted on the disk. Finally, we lack a wallet protocol and per-address signing.

(Edit: never mind. I should have realized you were trolling, as usual.)

A pool-biased blockchain representation, by me: pident (WTFPL)
Kartoff

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:24:13 AM

As i say in another thread i an curious about "merged mining" because that will help everything to take its place... So my curiosity is will be "merged mining" implemented in IXCoins ever ?
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 03:53:19 PM

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with Bitcoin?

Hmm, it doesn't scale at all. Mining is flawed because it favors pooled mining (not really good for the decentralized part of the network). Also, the code of the client is pretty horrible as well. Also, the wallet.dat is stored unencrypted on the disk. Finally, we lack a wallet protocol and per-address signing.

Now, to address the point of my post, Which of these flaws has been fixed by IXcoin?
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:06:27 PM

Judging from the quickly increasing Ixcoin mining activity, it appears miners are taking on the challenge.

More likely they are raping the low-difficulty to stick you with a subsequent long period of no blocks made, like has been happening to namecoin lately.

-MarkM-

I like that suggestion. I might hop on board ixcoin to promote this, because the whole thing seems so stupid.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 08:43:07 AM

It's profitable so I mine them until it isn't... I'm just like the other 90% on this forum...

Mining BTC = 1.47 BTC /24 hours
Mining IXC = 2.10 BTC /24 hours (±350 IXCoins - after exchange@ 0.006 BTC)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 10:09:04 PM

I think most things a person could bring up would be things like: Mt. Gox, Mybitcoin, difficulty using exchanges, lack of accountability, lack of insurance, mass adoption, business adoption, etc. -- things that are connected to Bitcoin, but not Bitcoin itself.

So starting a new blockchain does *nothing* to bring us even one nanometer closer to electronic currency nirvana.

There are mainly 3 problems with Bitcoin:

1. It unfairly benefit early miners (IXcoin just amplified this to a degree so that everyone can see it clearly)

2. Deflation nature make it unsuitable for serious long term business (IXcoin also made this worse)

3. Difficult to understand and use, wallet.dat security issue (IXcoin has no improvement)

These 3 problems in Bitcoin makes it very like a scam instead of a digital currency that has real long term potential. Unfortunately IXcoin just made these 3 problems worse, so it seems even more like a scam  Cool

But what if IXcoin can fix these 3 problems? I think it will really become a replacement to bitcoin in a longer perspective, or at least urge bitcoin to improve a lot Roll Eyes

kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 11:11:37 PM

Why does everyone think IXCoin is a scam? It is literally the same thing as bitcoin.

Anyways, I made a tool for checking difficulty if anyone is interested.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37117.0

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 11:23:10 PM

No, it's not LITERALLY the same thing as Bitcoin, or it would be Bitcoin. Do you even know what literally means?

It's not even "more or less" the same thing as Bitcoin.

There are several exchanges that trade Bitcoins, there is a small economy built up around Bitcoin, etc. and none of that works with IXcoin.

What can you spend IXcoins on? Even fewer merchants than Bitcoin, and that's pretty bad!

kiwiasian

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 11:51:29 PM

No, it's not LITERALLY the same thing as Bitcoin, or it would be Bitcoin. Do you even know what literally means?

There are several exchanges that trade Bitcoins, there is a small economy built up around Bitcoin, etc. and none of that works with IXcoin.

What can you spend IXcoins on? Even fewer merchants than Bitcoin, and that's pretty bad!

Can't you at least use some thinking skills? Really, it's people like you that make forums a terrible place to be.

Of course it is not exactly the same thing as Bitcoin, it's the same concept--it uses the same source code with minor modifications.

shotgun

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:40:23 AM

Can't you at least use some thinking skills? Really, it's people like you that make forums a terrible place to be.

Of course it is not exactly the same thing as Bitcoin, it's the same concept--it uses the same source code with minor modifications.

If you expect to be treated like an adult please use words that you want people to take at their definition. Otherwise I could say that literally you don't know what you're talking about.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:53:27 AM

IXCoin is to Silver, as Bitcoin is to Gold.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
kiwiasian

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:55:40 AM

If you expect to be treated like an adult please use words that you want people to take at their definition. Otherwise I could say that literally you don't know what you're talking about.

I would also assume you're the person that calls someone an uneducated troll for making a typo.

shotgun

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:28:34 AM

I would also assume you're the person that calls someone an uneducated troll for making a typo.

Are typos literally the same as using a word with the incorrect meaning when you assume everyone will interpret your point the way you meant? I'm not a grammar nazi - this is just basic english. Literally: 1. In a literal manner or sense; exactly. If you meant what you did you should have said "IXcoin is LIKE Bitcoin, but slightly different."

It's ok to be wrong but being a dick about it when people correct you makes you sound like a child.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: