My idea ... (let the bitcoin network take care of my wallet)
I don't know if that is working ...
1) install a new bitcoin client on a PC
2) get a wallet receiving address
3) close bitcoin client and save wallet.dat (on cd or usb).. in a bank safe
4) delete bitcoin client and wallet files from the pc
5) feed the receiving adress (thru mining or buy...)
-) that's the trick ... let all transaction stay on the bitcoin network (don't use the saved wallet.dat)
7) when i want to use my bitcoins (for example in two year)... install a new bitcoin client somewhere, load the saved wallet.dat, and run the bitcoin client with the rescan flag to get my bitcoin in my wallet ...
what do you think