Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoin crash of 2013: Don't you feel silly now? http://www.latimes.com/bus  (Read 2230 times)
imsoulrebel (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:36:34 PM

-This was an article from LA Times Business Section
Seriously, what kind of crap is this. First bitcoin was really at 1000 (yeah touched 1200 but it also dropped to 850 back up so it was really oscillating at 1000), now at 750 which most people are saying seems much more comfortable right now. If this is a "crash" then bitcoin is freaking made out of teflon code with a parachute and one hell of a helmet. That crap article was written by Michael Hiltzik of LA Times. Michael your an idiot! link  http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-the-bitcoin-crash-20131207,0,7011276.story#axzz2mqmUsnWt

-sorry just needed a good little rant
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:45:35 PM

Yeah I read that last night...total idiocy. I don't know why but garbage journalism fiction like that gets me way more pissed off than it should.

Someone needs to remind the author that bitcoin was $13 at the start of the year.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 01:48:16 PM

that gets me way more pissed off than it should.

Since you can still write whole sentences it does so not nearly enough.
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Hello

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:52:41 PM

You have to sort through the Bear journalists from the Bulls
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:54:45 PM

Good, this will keep the masses out for now more time to get cheaper coins  Smiley

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:55:49 PM

combine people who have a power to publish and a little knowledge - and get a stupid article Cheesy
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:56:27 PM

combine people who have a power to publish and a little knowledge - and get a stupid article Cheesy

You can not be an expert on everything...

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:20:47 PM

I'm always happy when I see the public misunderstand bitcoin as it means we have a long way to grow. Reminds me of the time when websites were said outloud as "h t t p colon slash slash double you double you....". Or even better, backslash backslash, as it sounded more technical even though it is wrong. Good times!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:35:50 PM

He's sort of correct on volatility, but everything else is just plain dumb.
bitkoinz

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:49:55 PM

I dont know how someone at the "great" LA times allowed this to be published.  i was watching the news the other day and one of the top stories was a horse being lifted by a crane out of a ditch, theyll publish anything.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:51:55 PM

7000% return of investment for people who bought BTC in January 2013 is silly ?

Ok. I'm glad to be silly but filthy rich Smiley
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:56:53 PM

Whenever someone releases a bullshit article like this about Bitcoin being a bubble I look at the price and go "Oh no! I'm slightly less rich!" yeah, with the way Bitcoin is designed I doubt very much it's a bubble.
RHCwebhosting

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:54:34 PM

You have to sort through the Bear journalists from the Bulls

He probably had the chance to buy them at <$13, instead he held onto his worthless USD and is now a perma-bear denial seeking every chance he gets to rationalize his past mistakes!

"BTC crashing 50%! USD holders were right! Hah!"
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:57:12 PM

Nothing new here. Same old FUD spam.

Could just as easily been Forbes, Bloomberg, FT, etc.

I wonder if they all talked about this out in the Bohemian Grove at last year's Cremation of Care?
ablewasiereisawelba

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:00:04 PM

This guy is @hiltzikm on Twitter, if anyone cares.

BitAlarm.com - Bitcoin Alarm - Wake up to big changes in the market, or listen to beeps as a price is passed in the background.
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

The LA Times is a crap newspaper. This is typical of most of its reporting. Every once in awhile they have an interesting story but other than that it's only bird cage liner.
bitjoint

Activity: 333

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:17:26 PM

We should open and keep updating a thread with all the owneds that these so-called "experts" are getting... this is a joke. It's like Krugman's Internets quote Grin
the_sunship

Activity: 230

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:29:36 PM

the media loves to build things up and tear them down again. Politicians, sports heroes, musicians - many are praised when they excel and then crucified when they slip up. It is to be expected.

Bitcoin is all that X 10,000 because people are making money off of the idea. It's going to catch a lot of wrath when it "slips" by those on the outside. And also, there won't be a lot  of "I'm sorry for not believing you" when we hit $2,000.  
slikes

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:50:56 AM

Stay away from the press subforum, you might have an aneurism. The media sensationalizing bitcoin will probably end up being an obstacle to long term adoption.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:09:31 PM

I'm always happy when I see the public misunderstand bitcoin as it means we have a long way to grow. Reminds me of the time when websites were said outloud as "h t t p colon slash slash double you double you....". Or even better, backslash backslash, as it sounded more technical even though it is wrong. Good times!

hahahaha

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █