Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help buying Bitcoin and step process?  (Read 782 times)
Goal (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:15:37 PM

Ok, so im a total virgin at selling and purchasing bitcoin and altcoins. I plan to spend $250-$300 on Bitcoin purchase. I was planning on buying it from coinbase. Now heres the question. Once I buy the coin, where will my bitcoins be? Once I get them, how will i use them to buy altcoins? Please explain in detail how everything works, how long it takes, etc.. thanks and cant wait to get into this scary market Wink

SBC : sgRFzU71mQcFW3tm7BBaGJntk7G1ish6vx       
WDC: WhznwDGzDA7RZZjcW9hjYa3HPasiV86d3y
QRK: Qb7yTBeFmQGLfGV7P85ZMf2AceHJzANHxC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
standon23

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:30:08 PM

BTC/LTC has been on a steady upward trend recently and has received a tremendous amount of support. I know it has peaked my own interest as well as lot of others. I am going to provide a very simple step by step guide on how to purchase BTC/LTC and other alternative crypto currencies. (link is referral and only works if you purchase a whole bit coin fyi)

1. Go to the link below and create an account, after creating account put in your bank information which can easily be found on any standard check. Coinbase will deposit 2 separate sums of money into your account that you will have to look up and then verify with coin base.

https://coinbase.com/?r=528ab397a135...=referral-link

Coin base has actually run out of coins so it now takes 3-4 days to receive coins

2. LTC and other alternative currencies
Go to BTC-e.com and create an account. Once you have create an account click deposit and it will generate a code where bit coins can be sent i.e
1LiRu1ymEMeooM4e7uqcPjvN1DDriWeRLE something like that.
3. Trade these bit coins at the exchange for other crypto currencies.

Yes it is that simple. There are fees when completing transactions that normally only take up about 1 percent of the total cost just to let you know.

I will answer other questions as they come I just wanted to give others a start

For every friend you invite to Coinbase, we'll send both you and them $5 worth of bitcoin when they complete a buy or sell of at least .15 bitcoin!

whole bitcoins^

part 2

go to btc-e set up account blah blah
go to deposit it will generate a code this is where you send the coins from coin base
then trade in the open market
https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=mbi
is for buying bitcoins through other means...you can do cash paypal etc. and if you choose the users with higher ratings it safe
flexgroo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:21:10 AM

i have a coinbase account, just waiting on the 2 deposit to link bank account, its taking awhile because i did it late friday, so weekend didnt help....

i also have a btc-e account, but can not fund it with dollars because i am from usa, i am trying to figure a way to put dollars into so i can buy btc, i missed my chance this weekend when it was under 600 dollars Sad

i think i can fund it using payeer.com, but when i try and deposit 1000 dollars into it, it wants to change it to RUB in russian currency. i am not sure what to do from there, will btc-e let me just deposit all those RUB and buy btc?

does anyone know a way to deposit dollars into btc-e without using a third party money sending website, im not liking the 70 dollars they want to charge for 1000 deposit...

think i missed the boat on good deals on coins today, hopfully next weekend prices come down again, and i can buy
alinsaviuc

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:37:50 AM

Try Liqpay. https://liqpay.com/?do=index_new
MrClemenzo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:31:52 AM

The easiest way is using your VISA/Mastercard with LiqPay on BTC-E via the Payeer gateway, unfortunately LiqPay doesn't seem to work in all countries. If you use Debit cards LiqPay has a tendency to block the payment, and you'll have to wait 6 workdays for the payment to be returned to your bank account. Another thing I don't like about LiqPay is that they're a russian-based payeer.

A great alternative though is to use VirWoX,where you can deposit money securely via PayPal, Skrill and/or NETELLER. But you would need to buy Linden Dollars (SLL), which is a digital currency used in Second Life, and then sell those for BTC. This method may sound complicated, but is by far the most secure and fast way to buy Bitcoins (in my opinion). Because of the conversion between USD>SLL>BTC, you would not get as much BTC per USD because of the exchange fees.

Let us know which solution you choose, and how it went. ;-)
standon23

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:37:39 PM

transfer coins to mintpal instead of btce
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: