Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 06:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware -> Hashrate - The calcuation?  (Read 477 times)
CryptoMine (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:35:03 PM

Hey guys,

I have been searching the forums for about 30minutes before writing this post but couldn't find my answer..

Is there a way to calculate an approximate hashrate from the given piece of hardware (e.g.CPU/GPU/ASIC/FPGA)?

If so, what is the calculation?

Thanks in advanced!!
CM
RB25

Activity: 831
Merit: 500

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:24:20 PM

Crypto- Given the differences in equipment, even of the same make and model, I don't think you can get a calculation to use the variables of the hardware and produce an approximation of expected hashrate. I speak more from a GPU standpoint because that is what I am using. You also have to consider whether or not your equipment likes to be over or under-clocked. Mine does not for some reason. I get the best hashrates at stock settings in my GPUs. I have tried up and down and everything in between with different intensities, thread concurrencies, etc.

Of course, I am new at this, but I have not been able to find a calculation, only reported results from others with various set-ups.

RB

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
CryptoMine (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:08:11 PM

So is there no way to calculate it based upon the hardware specifications? You just have to plug it in and see what kind of hashrate you get? Surely there is some kind of calculation...  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: