Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think miners will ever see 15$+ a day again  (Read 798 times)
GPU Farm (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:09:23 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I own a small mining farm that consists over 84 1060 6GB's. 6-7 months ago I use to make an average of 265$+ a day, sometimes even more. I remember at one point I was making over 350$ with each rig netting me 25$ per day. Now considering that the whole market is down I barely make 8$ per rig now.

Do you think that miners will ever see the 15-20$+ mark or is that time period over?

I believe when the market recovers and the alts boom that we have a pretty good shot at seeing old mining profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:18:32 PM

Everything can happen in cryptos man, it's impossible to predict, but everyday the hashrate of coins are increasing

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
GPU Farm (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

Well, everything is possible. But I think that Ethereum for example will boom when the POS phase starts and PoW is over. So, i just keep my Ethereum and hold it longterm. Of course there could be these numbers again, depends on the market. Smiley
well, that is kinda different. I am talking about raw profits everyday.
I make good money also holding my coins and selling @ high marks.
ItaCraft

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:24:48 PM

I own a small mining farm that consists over 84 1060 6GB's. 6-7 months ago I use to make an average of 265$+ a day, sometimes even more. I remember at one point I was making over 350$ with each rig netting me 25$ per day. Now considering that the whole market is down I barely make 8$ per rig now.

Do you think that miners will ever see the 15-20$+ mark or is that time period over?

I believe when the market recovers and the alts boom that we have a pretty good shot at seeing old mining profits.

Everything on crypto is possible, I already got 1BTC/day ( Shocked ) with my old RX 570 mining Signatum right on start.

yes, only one GPU made me all this, sadly I HODL'ed this shitcoin.
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:36:32 PM

Hold and wait for price to rise again to new high.   All we can do now to off set the times ahead.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

You sound like one of those people that got in on the crazy rise in prices last year and were not mining before that. Those prices were never sustainable. You cant ever expect to make profits like that again as the huge price spike was an outlier that could never be maintained.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
SpceGhst

Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:26:31 PM

Out of curiosity... what kind of hashrate does a 1060/6 get on Cryptonight Heavy?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:30:27 PM

You sound like one of those people that got in on the crazy rise in prices last year and were not mining before that. Those prices were never sustainable. You cant ever expect to make profits like that again as the huge price spike was an outlier that could never be maintained.

Yep ^ this is 100% the truth. *even if the profitability should happen to rise to those levels again it's completely unsustainable and won't stay that high.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:38:49 PM

Everything on crypto is possible, I already got 1BTC/day ( Shocked ) with my old RX 570 mining Signatum right on start.

yes, only one GPU made me all this, sadly I HODL'ed this shitcoin.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
SpceGhst

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:51:39 PM

Out of curiosity... what kind of hashrate does a 1060/6 get on Cryptonight Heavy?

Doing a little research and some quick calculations, and assuming 8 cards per rig, you could be making $12-$13/day/rig mining Loki or Haven, both CN heavy coins.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:06:41 PM

I barely make 8$ per rig now.

What you're asking is if the price will recover back towards $20,000 before mining difficulty gets out of hand. I think that this is very realistically a possibility. If we pop up over $12,000 then we'll probably feel a bull market domino effect and quickly be up over $20,000. What you need to remember is that all you need to do is hold onto your coin until the prices go back up. That $8 can easily become $15-$20, all it needs is a little bit of time and patience.
badfad

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:17:08 AM

If 1080ti makes over 10$/day on ZEC than you're in a "boom" period, and things will soon be fucked.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:45:14 AM

The best time to mine was back in 2013 mining LTC

Back then a R9 280X using 300 Watts per GPUs made you about $10/day per GPU.

We had a good run last June, I think a RX 470 bet you around $5/day.

If you had the more expensive 1080ti I think you would of bet $10/day.

Those days are long gone however and will never return. Way too many people mining now. Way too many ASICs out there.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:04:58 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 09:03:13 AM by toptek

Mining Raven coin i make 12 $ a day with five NV cards 1 1080 , two 1070 ti one 1070 and one 1060 6gb at stock setting haven't bothered over clock yet mining raven coins if you even can with good results .

Mining ETH i make with 2 rigs one has five cards and one has four 13 bucks between the two add in 2 L3 + and two d3

I making about 34 a day , but i also have solar so i can afford to run it all.

I didn't add in my BTC Miners with them i can Make close to 50 a day but then I have heat issue i need to deal with better .. in time it will all pick back up maybe not like it was but close by that i mean next time it might last longer but go very slow and be more stable like btc are doing now.

ASIC won't kill off GPU mining,there gonna fork a lot of the Zec coins i saw in a post even if the DEV of Zec disagrees , so Zec should go up ..... not sure yet how Eth is gonna deal with it, if at all .

SO mine now an hold Smiley.............. an  i warned a year back, one day ASIC would do this and was told no way if you throw enough money at some one they will find a way or some thing becomes worth the risk it would or will happen. it seems memory doesn't cost as much as they claim to make, it's all BS if you believe what they tell you the bottom line is all ways about Greed and what they can fuck us for .

GPU mining will be just like it was before, some one will figure out a way to GPU mine they won't let it die . why would we with the new cards coming out things will pick back up, i hope it goes slower this time .

one day GPU's will catch up with ASIC but still be resell able and don't think it can't happen ...  it can ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
revvv

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:26:44 AM

lol depends what hardware you got
what questions is that
MyCryptoCap

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:55:07 AM
Merited by MalReynolds (1)

It is very difficult to unequivocally answer this question. It depends on what equipment you have for mining. If all equipment remains relevant, then it is possible with a growing market such yield will be.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
toefu

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:54:27 AM

i can get 500 per card for a total of 3kh on a 6 gpu 1060/6
EthanB

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:29:12 PM

The best time to mine was back in 2013 mining LTC

Yesterday is almost always a better day to mine than today. The coin you mined may change in value, but the amount of coin you receive for your hardware is constantly decreasing. Even if it is not "profitable" to the extent that you would like, a quick price spike can easily change that.

Those days are long gone however and will never return. Way too many people mining now. Way too many ASICs out there.

How can you be so sure? If your hardware is earning you half what you were earning at your peak, all that needs to happen is the price/demand for that coin to double for your hardware to have essentially been earning you your expected peak. Don't instantly sell your coin, and you get to choose how much your miners earn you, in fiat.

Aside from that, you could easily find coins that are ASIC resistant or that have taken a strong stance against ASICs.
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:58:06 PM

I doubt GPU's will be so profitable again. Bitmain and other asic manufacture has R&D labs to sustain so they will be making more and more asic's. And as you see with Z3, people will continue to buy regardless if the coins might fork or not. In most likly hood they mine back there investment before selling the units.

So that will bring the spikes in check.

EthanB

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:13:26 PM

I doubt GPU's will be so profitable again.

So you're doubting that the prices of coins will pop back up to where they were a couple of months ago? The difficulties around the board really aren't that bad, even after all of the mining hype we've seen. It just seems like the prices and exchange rates are pretty low temporarily. I doubt GPUs will stay so low in profitability.

In most likly hood they mine back there investment before selling the units.

Those are some spicy typos. I would highly encourage you to research your claims before you start ripping off statements as if they are facts. You honestly believe that these manufacturers mine back their investment, which would take months at the least, before they sell the units even though they're making a profit on selling the units and their hashrate is a time-bomb in terms of the demand for the machines? I can't imagine that to be the case, except is rare, exceptional cases. I wouldn't mind reading some evidence for these claims if you have it, though.

Not easy for ETH miners.

Of course it isn't easy for people that have willingly chose to limit their pool of opportunity and profit. I don't know why you would limit yourself to specifically mining ETH, when there are endlessly better options for every possible reason that you are using to justify mining it. Do you believe ETH will go up in price? Then mine something that makes you more $, buy the ETH, and end up with more than you would've by mining it directly. Do you think your hardware performs best on ETH? It doesn't. I've just never heard of someone exclusively mining ETH and being better off for avoiding making more money/coin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: