Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:26:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy right now or wait?  (Read 3209 times)
shadowninjax (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 06:43:59 PM

Hi guys,

After the recent crash, now we're at around 700. Should I buy some right now? Or should I wait ?

Do you think it will drop to a lower stable price? If so, what are your reasons?

Thanks
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:46:35 PM

the one million question you are asking here, If I Knew I would make allot of money Smiley

shadowninjax (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 06:49:58 PM

the one million question you are asking here, If I Knew I would make allot of money Smiley

Hmm, I know its a tough question. Let's hear from the folks  Grin
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:50:38 PM

Buying bitcoin is always good. If it goes down when you buy who cares.
If you believe the thousands of percents gain in oncomming years then just buy and don't look back for a month or 3.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:53:10 PM

Comes down to belief, doesn't it? If you believe the bull market continues you buy now at a better price. Or you could always just wait until a new high confirms bull market is intact.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

I'd buy some now while they're still cheap but keep some fiat in bids in case it does happen to fall a bit more.

That way if it takes off northward again you won't totally miss the train, but if it slips you get a few more coins and the ones you buy now will still be worth a lot more in the long gun.

If it starts moving up, move your bids up. Hopefully you'll be able to have your bids filled on the bottom wick of the candle, rather than paying market price.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:03:42 PM

No one knows, and if they do they wouldn't tell you. Everyone has their own personal agenda.

Having said that I sold at about 950, and I'm still waiting to buy back in. We've probably stabilized but the risk of buying now isn't worth the reward for me. I will wait until it becomes clearer which direction we're going in. If I miss a bit of potential upside, then so be it. I would rather miss out on the run-up to 800, then buy now and see it drop to the low 600s, which I think is still a possibility.
Hfertig

Activity: 361

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:08:50 PM

I would wait until we know how the current rather bearish pennant evolves. If it is broken to the upside, you can still get in at a slightly higher price. If it is broken down, it gets ugly.

Not sure if you want to listen to me, as I am rather on the bearish side...
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:10:07 PM

You couldn't have picked a worse time to ask. Its right in the balance now - next week will show if we are still bullish or have entered a bear market.

Personally I think we are on a long term downtrend. But even then I bought back the BTCs I sold before the crash with the extra fiat earned left for lower buys.

Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

Don't wait to buy - Buy and wait  Cheesy
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:51:29 PM

Hi guys,

After the recent crash, now we're at around 700. Should I buy some right now? Or should I wait ?

Do you think it will drop to a lower stable price? If so, what are your reasons?

Thanks

When it comes to this stage maybe try asking yourself how much you genuinely believe a bitcoin is worth as a technology, payments system, whatever.

This may be easier than trying simply to guess whether or not the price is going to go up or down.

If - all difficulties assessing something that many think cannot squarely be categorized as a currency, stock, asset, payments system, etc. granted - your gut feeling tells you that its not worth 700, then in my opinion there are likely others thinking the same. If on the other hand you believe that bitcoin the asset, technology or whatever definately is worth 700, then there are likely many others feeling the same way.

I am proposing valuing the thing itself: not speculating purely for the sake of making money, but speculating on the essential value of a bitcoin.  Huh  Wink

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:02:55 PM

Buy some now! Next week cant be worst that this weekend.
Probably its gonna go up starting tomorrow.
Anyway you might want to have some coins on your exchange to trade.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:03:21 PM

If you are convinced about bitcoin then go ahead and buy some. Just don't put in any money that you absolutely can't afford to lose. For all i know bitcoin might be 1200 or 200$ tomorrow  Undecided
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

You couldn't have picked a worse time to ask. Its right in the balance now - next week will show if we are still bullish or have entered a bear market.

Personally I think we are on a long term downtrend. But even then I bought back the BTCs I sold before the crash with the extra fiat earned left for lower buys.

That's the best time to ask!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:10:09 PM

Buy some now! Next week cant be worst that this weekend.
Probably its gonna go up starting tomorrow.
Anyway you might want to have some coins on your exchange to trade.

I did think that we were going to go up but now I'm not so sure. Next week certainly could be worse. I don't want to remind everyone about the media but it does seem to have an effect on things and unless anyone can correct me it's probably going to be at least mildly bleak for bitcoin in the papers for the next few days.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Hfertig

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:11:01 PM

If you are convinced about bitcoin then go ahead and buy some. Just don't put in any money that you absolutely can't afford to lose. For all i know bitcoin might be 1200 or 200$ tomorrow  Undecided

+1. And I thought you are a Permabull. In Bitcoin everything is possible, from single digits to 3000. Never risk more than you are willing to lose, and the only person who can decide how much this is, is the OP !
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:24:31 PM

If you can afford it buy it now,you don't wanna be biting your fingers if BTC hit $1200 tomorrow
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:27:17 PM

If you can afford it buy it now,you don't wanna be biting your fingers if BTC hit $1200 tomorrow
yeah thats not gonna happen

Hfertig

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

A small stop buy order at the right level should solve this issue for him....Given he is on an exchange that supports that.
JekyllIsland

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

I like when bitcoin goes down when i buy, it means i have a reason to buy even more  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: