Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:12:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Dollar worth 0.0001 BTC one day  (Read 5532 times)
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:47:36 PM

If Bitcoin will be still alive, definitively possible 0.0001 BTC per dollar.

All you need is better infrastructure, like biggest merchants or poker sites accepting Bitcoin
jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:57:29 PM

Well , wasn't bitcoin supposed to be a savior because the government can't impose this called tax on something that they can't prove it's yours?

I don't know, was it? Facilitating tax evasion certainly wasn't the explicit goal.

If it was the goal, presumably Satoshi is building an army in some gulch somewhere. Or at least a bomb shelter.

I don't know. I haven't been invited. Have you?

And I don't envision the FBI running into every house and confiscate everything that could hold a wallet digital or physical.
There was a person who thought about having his pkey carved on a stone in the yard Smiley))

They won't have to run into every house and confiscate everything, because most people will comply out of fear, just like they currently do with the income tax (which is probably the type of tax the US would impose anyway; among other things that saves them from having to deal with those constitutional issues given the 16th Amendment and everything).

It wasn't about facilitating tax evasion , but it was supposed to be a safe way of storing your wealth against idiots running the government.

And if it doesn't do that either , and this is demonstrated in the public , well... the future isn't looking too god.
freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:10:08 PM

It wasn't about facilitating tax evasion , but it was supposed to be a safe way of storing your wealth against idiots running the government.

I dont think you can evade tax with Bitcoin, it is the same as dealing with cash only.
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

I dont think you can evade tax with Bitcoin, it is the same as dealing with cash only.

but I have never paid any tax on bitcoins its doing for me tax free and going ok in last 4 months happy to join this

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:27:36 PM

A dollar can't be worth BTC0.00001, dollars aren't backed by anything.   Grin

They will be backed by bitcoins!
Actually the US government is the only one that currently holds some and has stated that.
They didn't buy it on gox but they still hold some bitcoins  Smiley

Hmmm. Well, if they are backed by bitcoin i may have the give these dollar-coin things another look.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:33:22 PM

A dollar can't be worth BTC0.00001, dollars aren't backed by anything.   Grin

They will be backed by bitcoins!
Actually the US government is the only one that currently holds some and has stated that.

You cant back dollar with something else than trust, because dollar is inflating
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:38:13 PM

gold is inflating ?  Shocked

intentionally left blank
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

of course and even higher.  As faith and the subsequent value drains from fiat after each bail in (Cyprus), currency collapse (Argentina), QE(Japan, US, UK) etc etc, more faith and its value will flow into BTC and probably WDC as well as gold and silver and other tangibles.  Value will be split into totallt tangibles, and total intangibles, everything else in the middle,  paper with an open end like hospital pants will be crapped out.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

Perhaps in the future bitcoins will reach $10,000 or even more but in this time it's difficult to see this happening as bitcoins is in the $1000 and little above and below area,and jumping in price (after already reaching a large amount) ten times is difficult.
jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:36:32 PM

If we find a huge deposit of gold that equals 5% or even 10% of the total gold supply , how would you call that?
MysteryXx

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 07:37:00 PM

Might happen for the simple reason that they keep printing money and BitCoins cannot be printed (and mining is increasingly limited).
bmsmashout

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:50:21 PM

Let me just save you the time and tell you that NOBODY KNOWS AND ANYBODY THAT THINKS THEY DO IS SPECULATING.
jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:57:57 PM

Let me just save you the time and tell you that NOBODY KNOWS AND ANYBODY THAT THINKS THEY DO IS SPECULATING.

So your saying that nobody knows for sure an event that is supposed to happen in the future will happen 100%?
Oh , I assume you're right!
Is somebody gong to argue with you Smiley? Course not?!
Jomppe

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:05:43 PM

I think 1 satoshi will be worth of a dollar if not even that - who wants the paper trash?
MoneyGod (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:06:38 PM

I think 1 satoshi will be worth of a dollar if not even that - who wants the paper trash?

I am not agree with you its need too much time may be its near to 2050 or after this right now its trying to fix it at 1000$ to 1 btc

geraFoerra

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:14:37 PM

If we find a huge deposit of gold that equals 5% or even 10% of the total gold supply , how would you call that?

Price drop.

Thats why gold is not as secure store of value as most think
miners78

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:08:31 PM

No one can really predict, but I think that it will surpass even that in time. I think it will continue to grow right up until its mining limit.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:00:28 AM

No one can really predict, but I think that it will surpass even that in time. I think it will continue to grow right up until its mining limit.

It depends. The price depends on a lot of factors, so just because there are less btc to mine doesnt mean the price will go up.

tondaS

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:04:30 AM

It depends. The price depends on a lot of factors, so just because there are less btc to mine doesnt mean the price will go up.

Yes, but mined Bitcoins will have higher value if the difficulty keep rising (or block reward halving and difficulty remain stable)
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:07:05 AM

Yes, but mined Bitcoins will have higher value if the difficulty keep rising (or block reward halving and difficulty remain stable)

I will guarantee you that it will stop at around 10k. It wont go past it, because no one is going to pay 1 mil for a bitcoin, people are going to sell wayyyy faster than buy, so the price will start to go down really fast to a reasonable price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: