Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Dollar worth 0.0001 BTC one day  (Read 5533 times)
tondaS

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:14:28 AM

No one can really predict, but I think that it will surpass even that in time. I think it will continue to grow right up until its mining limit.

It depends. The price depends on a lot of factors, so just because there are less btc to mine doesnt mean the price will go up.

Yes, but mined Bitcoins will have higher value if the difficulty keep rising (or block reward halving and difficulty remain stable)

I will guarantee you that it will stop at around 10k. It wont go past it, because no one is going to pay 1 mil for a bitcoin, people are going to sell wayyyy faster than buy, so the price will start to go down really fast to a reasonable price.

I believe you, 10k is reasonable price anyway. We will see within 2 years if the price can go higher or really stop at 10k  Wink
passwordistaco

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:39:36 AM

No one can really predict, but I think that it will surpass even that in time. I think it will continue to grow right up until its mining limit.

It depends. The price depends on a lot of factors, so just because there are less btc to mine doesnt mean the price will go up.

Yes, but mined Bitcoins will have higher value if the difficulty keep rising (or block reward halving and difficulty remain stable)

I will guarantee you that it will stop at around 10k. It wont go past it, because no one is going to pay 1 mil for a bitcoin, people are going to sell wayyyy faster than buy, so the price will start to go down really fast to a reasonable price.
while i have no data to back this up i feel like people are buying whole bitcoins less and less after the $500+ jump and i feel like that trend will only continue as prices go up. and as the earliest adopters sell their stash of bitcoins (which if they are smart they will sell them slowly to gain the most value per coin) the market will dip and continue upward.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:58:48 AM

while i have no data to back this up i feel like people are buying whole bitcoins less and less after the $500+ jump and i feel like that trend will only continue as prices go up. and as the earliest adopters sell their stash of bitcoins (which if they are smart they will sell them slowly to gain the most value per coin) the market will dip and continue upward.

If it was 1 mil per coin, people will be buying 0.0001 or something like that, and early investors will be selling 2 btc (combined, at any given moment). The price will surely go down.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:05:34 AM

People thinking that 10000$ is a lot for one bitcoin only because 10000 looks a lot, they can't understand that 1000$ looked impossible some months ago. Not years but months.
utarinues

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:10:57 AM

If it was 1 mil per coin, people will be buying 0.0001 or something like that, and early investors will be selling 2 btc (combined, at any given moment). The price will surely go down.

Some early adopters have over 100,000 BTC, do you see something like this happening now  Huh
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:50:48 AM

Some early adopters have over 100,000 BTC, do you see something like this happening now  Huh

No, because btc is still at a reasonable price. People can still buy 1 btc whole.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:51:33 AM

This doesn't make any sense.

Lets say im an early invest with 100 btc. BTC reaches one million. I sell all of my btc. The price will crash because of the fact that people wont be able to buy at 1 mil.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:21:12 AM

Lets say im an early invest with 100 btc. BTC reaches one million. I sell all of my btc. The price will crash because of the fact that people wont be able to buy at 1 mil.

1) You could say that at any $/BTC value.
2) Why would you sell it all at once and cause the price to crash?

You wouldn't just put in the equivalent of a market order to sell everything at any price the moment someone else makes a trade at 1 BTC=$1 million. You'd put in the equivalent of a limit order. "Sell as much as possible, up to 100 BTC, at $1 million/BTC or above." If people aren't able to buy at $1 million/BTC (*), then the price would stay below $1 million/BTC, but it wouldn't crash.

Again, what you're saying makes no sense. Let's say you're an early investor in gold and have 10 tonnes of gold. The price of gold goes up to $10 million/tonne. You sell all of your gold. The price will crash because of the fact that people won't be able to buy a 10 mil?

(*) There are 7 billion people in the world. If 100,000 of them each bought 1 mBTC for $1,000, then that 100 BTC gets sold at $1 million/BTC. The only question is how much people are going to value BTC in the future. And we can only really speculate on that.

One person wouldnt sell 100 btc, but a lot of early investors could start selling totaling 100 btc at that time.

masyveonk

Activity: 346

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:40:43 AM

No, because btc is still at a reasonable price. People can still buy 1 btc whole.

Just to inform you, 100 BTC * 1 mil USD  = 100,000 BTC * 1,000 USD Smiley

specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:12:51 AM

I'm guessing for that  Bitcoin would have to be $40000, right? Very less likely.

I think it will.

If it does, I will be a multi-millionaire Cheesy
I think it will hit the ten thousands point in a few years or so

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:15:21 AM

I'm guessing for that  Bitcoin would have to be $40000, right? Very less likely.

I think it will.

Unless you sell earlier, of course, thats what crashes are for, to get the coins out of weak hands

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:15:02 AM

I think it will.

And by that time you could afford some math extra lesson cause if
one dollar will be worth 0.0001 , one BTC won't be worth 40000.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:22:31 AM

gawd i hope it will.  in that case, i will sell and buy a house or something.
JohnsonRobinson

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:53:12 AM

If the price isn't manipulated by the upcoming wallstreet money that is entering the crypto space, then this price is quite possible.
hope4me

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:28:43 PM

If the price isn't manipulated by the upcoming wallstreet money that is entering the crypto space, then this price is quite possible.

Obviously wallstreeters are speculators, so the price may go to 25,000 and back to 1,000 in no time
blackisto

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:58:28 PM

Yes that's the catch.
Given the quick price rise, it is likely that, someday, BTC loses 95% of its value. At this time, everybody may laugh at you.
And when it will be back to its initial price and triple this price again, the people who laughed will become BTC buyers ;-)
Jamoke

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:10:08 PM

I think if the community continues to contribute to the hash rate, then wall street will have a harder time controlling the value. 

I mined my first coin when Bitcoin was under $10 before the first time Congress discussed the issue.  I remember telling family and friends it would be worth $100 someday.   I've been amazed at how closely it follows hardware costs, and public interest.  If you can mine 1 BTC for $1000 in hardware that seems to be the cost of the bitcoin.   So as hardware is selling for 10,000 - 20,000 for ASIC miners, and as more and more of these Thash units come out, they will mine less and less BTC.   Eventually I could see it getting to the point where the hardware costs $10,000 to mine a bitcoin within a year.   

So I can imagine it getting to 0.0001 BTC / USD and while there are a lot of things that could stop this from becoming reality, I'm an optimist.  I think it could.
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:14:13 PM

I mined my first coin when Bitcoin was under $10 before the first time Congress discussed the issue.  I remember telling family and friends it would be worth $100 someday.   I've been amazed at how closely it follows hardware costs, and public interest.  If you can mine 1 BTC for $1000 in hardware that seems to be the cost of the bitcoin.   So as hardware is selling for 10,000 - 20,000 for ASIC miners, and as more and more of these Thash units come out, they will mine less and less BTC.   Eventually I could see it getting to the point where the hardware costs $10,000 to mine a bitcoin within a year.   

So I can imagine it getting to 0.0001 BTC / USD and while there are a lot of things that could stop this from becoming reality, I'm an optimist.  I think it could.

I dont believe difficulty affect price, but price afect difficulty instead. It is big difference
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:41:34 PM

u can probably sell 0.0001 BTC for $1 on ebay
babeq

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

In my opinion bitcoin cant get that value propably it just cant because of market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: