Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:51:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of altcoins will fail. Optimum strategy: picking 3 coins. No more. No less.  (Read 212 times)
cryptomanspbmgdn
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 04:58:23 PM

I disagree fundamentally with that. a minimum of 10 coins. just find the coin price statistics from the top 15, period 2017-2018 and you will change your point of view
JungleEskimo (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:09:28 PM

I disagree fundamentally with that. a minimum of 10 coins. just find the coin price statistics from the top 15, period 2017-2018 and you will change your point of view

I agree that back in the 2017-2018 period holding a variety of coins/tokens was the best strategy. I would've lost out big if I'd chosen only 3 back then. It was an explosion of speculation and we were all in the honey-moon phase with cryptocurrency and everyone was taking their first steps into the crypto-market, and no one could do any wrong. Every move was the right move.

But then time passes by, people cool down, crypto is no longer new and shiny, and we've seen how every cryptocurrency is capable of crashing hard.

I do not believe we're going to see the exact same thing happen again 2018-2019. Everyone is much more sober this time around, and I think the next phase coming will weed out the lesser coins. Using past behavior to predict the future is not the wisest strategy here. If anything, 2017-2018 showed us that past behavior is not an accurate indicator for future trends.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

nice description.
picking 3 coins for investment or trading is actually my strategy. having 20 or 10 coins are pointless for investment, unless you have certain purposes. I think it is a common strategy. no need to be afraid of failed altcoins, if you choose the right coins like ETH, XRP, LTC, NEO, EOS, Waves. Those are the prime altcoins with their own platform of blockchain. coins you choose depend on the fund you have. choose the cheap ones if the fund is lack.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:54:35 PM

There is a chance of risk in every coin and in every business success and failure exist but altcoins is far way best investment at present times investing in safest coins we can protect our principal amount
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:19:25 PM

The best strategy for me is to invest only in blockchains (EOS, FSN, ETH, Seele etc.). All of them have huge demand amoung investors and it's less possible that some of them will die. More of that, none of blockchains was ever traded below ICO price.
JungleEskimo (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:18:37 PM

I think if there's gonna be a bull run happen this year, it's going to be from the market caps of all the smaller altcoins moving over into the top 100 coins. I have big doubts that most altcoins out there are going to reach anywhere near their previous all time highs, ever.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:48:32 PM

Well everybody have his or her own strategy and what you just stated right now is your own strategy, though I agree with you that most altcoins will fail and die a natural death, But for me I have a strategy that before they die, I would have made my profit and exited the coin before thy die and invest in the next one. it depends on what works for you. I have what works for me already. 
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:51:23 PM

The Pareto Distribution is a pervasive phenomena observed in nature, and it describes the 80/20 rule where 80% of the women have sex with 20% of men. 80% of wealth belongs to 20% of the population. 80% of your results come from 20% of your activities

Interesting take on things. I learned something new today.

If you had to pick only 3 coins I would bet my money on Bitcoin, Ethereum, and lastly, some NEO (because even if the price goes nowhere, at least you get free GAS).

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:48:58 PM

You are a crazy person. Sure, most altcoins fail but you can still gain for some of them, i'm talking about doing bounties rather than participating in ICOs. I think this is better than participating since you really won't have to use your cash to earn. Therefore, there's low risk of loss. But you don't really know if the bounty you're into would be successful or not, here comes the picking of more than 3 coins enter. If you participate on more bounties, you may possibly outweigh the risk and gain more.

Yes, man, the guy that left this post here is at least strange. The thought that 80% of the coins will die seems to be not right. There are many of the great alts nowadays. 3 of them? OK, Ethereum, NEO, and EOS.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: