Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:54:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Unfortunately, we did not reach our SoftCap"  (Read 505 times)
EuronPower (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:58:42 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 01:52:57 AM by EuronPower

Hello everyone, I'm following the bounty campaign of DigitizeCoin through www.bountyhive.io, this campaign is about to end and when I go to do my work I find this message on the official Twitter account:

"Dear Digitizers, We are happy to see so much support for our project.
Unfortunately, we had only raised 150ETH and did not reach our SoftCap.
All contributors will be refunded. We will be sending out details on how to refund your contributions shortly.
Regards, Team Digitize."

I think many have gone through this situation, this happens recurrently with the bounties campaigns? With which managers? What advice can you provide?

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 10:04:20 AM

They didn't reach the soft cap for the Pre-ICO. The ICO has not started yet, so the bounty is not over.
The company gives the opportunity to the investors to take back their investment (if they want) or to wait for the ICO stage, which is going to start later. I'm taking part in the bounty since day 1, It is a great project and I am sure they will find new investors in the future.

Hello everyone, I'm following the bounty campaign of DigitizeCoin through www.bountyhive.io, this campaign is about to end and when I go to do my work I find this message on the official Twitter account:

All contributors will be refunded. We will be sending out details on how to refund your contributions shortly.
Regards, Team Digitize."

I think many have gone through this situation, this happens recurrently with the bounties campaigns? With which managers? What advice can you provide?
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:11:19 AM

this is the risk that we feel if the campaign that we follow failed. we also can not sue them, developers also do not want this to happen.
keep up the spirit and look for other campaign projects, your time will be wasted if thinking about this problem.

They didn't reach the soft cap for the Pre-ICO. The ICO has not started yet, so the bounty is not over.
op, see the information given mpufatzis and do not hesitate, because ico has not started yet and there is still a chance to succeed. this is not the end of it all.
vasilisc555

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:13:16 AM

Say huge thanks to the developers that they have at least returned the invested funds and not deceived! It's very honest and dignified.
bucsky

Activity: 78

einc.io

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:18:29 AM

This is actually part of being bounty hunter. Sometimes though the project is legit but not succesful then bounty hunters will not receive the rewards ofcourse. But on the other hand the project team is good enough since they are willing to return the investor's investments and did not ran away.

》          EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now   ((   EINC.IO   ))
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:28:35 AM

You have guidelines and rules somewhere to read. Most of the time they state that they are going to distribute the bounty tokens if they successfully raise money etc. Maybe regarding your case situation is about private sale, not public. If you have more questions maybe the best would be to check with their support as they are the ones who manage the campaign.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

Regards, Team Digitize."

I think it will work out
They have good prospect and they are keeping in control their investors too
I followed bounty and it will work out in near month
crampus

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:39:26 AM

I had such situations, but to collect only 150 etherium - this is generally where did you find such projects?
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:48:40 AM

There are always some risks, as not every ICO collects even the minimum amount needed (soft cap) and in this case you don’t get anything. It's a risk you have to accept as a bounty hunter. You should approach the project from the investor’s point of view, since even if you don’t invest your money, you still invest your free time and your effort.
But, as others have already pointed out, you should wait until the end of the main token-sale phase. There is always a chance for the ICO to raise enough funds before the end of the campaign.
BeruchN

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:49:59 AM

So what happens now? What happens to the amount invested?

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
y3v63n

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:52:59 AM

Regards, Team Digitize."

So sorry for you. But this is the reality of bounties. If the soft cap is not reached, you're not going to get paid. To avoid such situation, you have to research projects you do bounties for and select only those that have the potential to reach hard cap.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 11:00:14 AM

From what i have read, they will continue to develop their app, and they will still launch the Ico. Anyway, you need to wait for Bountyhive to make an announcement regarding this on their telegram channel.

sunX3

Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 11:02:39 AM

From what i have read, they will continue to develop their app, and they will still launch the Ico. Anyway, you need to wait for Bountyhive to make an announcement regarding this on their telegram channel.

Unfortunate news but at least they'll continue developing which is good. I hope the app will work out at least
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:05:55 AM

Regards, Team Digitize."

This situation could happen to any Manager. Even companies with a high rating may not collect Soft Cap in the end.
Sandra999

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:07:25 AM

This is one of the risks bounty hunters face. Unfortunately, they didn't reach their soft cap which made the project unsuccessful. You need to move on to find other projects to participate in and make your time count.

Do not dwell on the issue
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:27:48 AM

Well this is a common scenario for ICOs nowadays, if their project doesn't attract investors due to a lack of good advertisement strategy or the project itself is not really that good then there's a higher chance that the project will not reach the soft cap and it will fail. The problem is for those who spend their promoting this projects through their social media, it will end up just a waste of time because you will not get paid in any amount, this is why even you are just participating on campaigns, you still need to research about the project that you want to promote. What's worst is there are also some times that it is being used by startup companies as an excuse to execute an exit scam, and those who invested will never get their money back.
VikAn80

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:28:18 AM

Regards, Team Digitize."

There's no way to defend themselves. The thing is that the ICO resource is inexhaustible. The main thing is the idea. But investors resources have been exhausted. Therefore, many ICOS cannot dial their softcap and close.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:51:38 PM

Yes i have encountered this, i think once or twice already. Each ico has a target soft cap. It is stated in their whitepaper. If the project does not reach the soft cap on their target date, they will terminate the project. It means not many people see their project as interesting or beneficial or its just that their marketing skills did not work. For a project to reach desired cap, this two must come together. Bounty hunters who happen to work hard for the project will end up not given what is due them. I can't say there is a trend for managers who do this. Its not that, its just the viability of the project matters before you join the campaign.

Zach707

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:11:43 PM

Regards, Team Digitize."

This scenario where the ICO have not reached their desired soft cap is not within our control. If they decide to halt the campaign then bounty would also stop and we as bounty hunters should respect that. The team is working hard and yet no one invested so there is nothing they can do about it.
Aniwura

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:43:48 PM

Do not dwell much on this. You need to move on. There are still many more good and legit bounties to participate in. Although, it might be painful, you just need to move on, because there are better offers. Virtually everyone in this forum has experienced something similar. There were many projects that did not succeed or could not continue just because they could not reach the soft cap. I know so many of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: