Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is going on with the forum  (Read 438 times)
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:02:48 AM

Merit System intentionally is not implemented to eliminate spam post and spam posters, it is implemented to keep those shitposters to stay at the ranks forever. They will only rank up if they make good quality posts but if not, it's their choice to suffer at their present rank forever while watching other members moving up the ranking. We all know that spam posts will never decrease, this system prevents those members (shitposters) from ranking up if they don't really deserve it Smiley

I do not agree to this. Your comment gives an impression that removing spam posts from this forum is not that important as people making those posts will not rank up. Spam posts cause a big problem for all the users of this forum. This happens when you are searching for some information and you have to got through 100s of useless posts before finding some relevant information. That needs immediate solution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:05:06 PM

I do not agree to this. Your comment gives an impression that removing spam posts from this forum is not that important as people making those posts will not rank up. Spam posts cause a big problem for all the users of this forum.
Of course it's important, but as you can see, we can't control people who make spam posts. Even there is a Merit System to reduce spam posts, it seems like shitposters still doing the same thing, and that is "Spamming in the Forum".
They can spam because they are satisfied to their ranks and I think some Members can earn money already from their ranks that's why they don't care about creating good posts to receive Merits. But time will pass and they will realised that they should rank up too and they will be force to write quality posts. 

And as you can also see, there are lot of members who already ranked up because of creating good quality posts, it only means that Merit System is working fine to those people who creates good posts and also working fine from preventing spammers to rank up.
This happens when you are searching for some information and you have to got through 100s of useless posts before finding some relevant information. That needs immediate solution.
Actually it's, "1000s". Smiley

404 Not Found
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:20:00 PM

The forum started having problems when everyone was in a quest to make as much posts as they can just to have the required number of posts to boast their activity count and attain a new rank. If this rank up issue can be addressed in another way order than the merit way I thinking will be better and serve the forum well. Maybe the MODs can rank people up based on their post impact. I know that will be a lot of work on them but I think it will be better than the merit system in play now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: