Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 9btc in bitstamp at 1000 should I wait?  (Read 674 times)
BaiMangal (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:13:16 PM

I developed a bot that trades on bitstamp. It simply buys when price is dropping and sells when going up. ppl call it B'n'H I think.. buy and hold:)

it has a step and volume, it bought when btc was going down and now I have 9btc tight in the range of 1000-1100

Do you think its ok to wait to get back to 1100?
I guess no one knows but dunno thought I post and see what people think.

btw if anyone wants the bot let me know... I can post the source code too its in c-sharp. I am unsure how to use github yet but might try put it in there

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:24:55 PM

I'd be interested in looking at the source as I'm trying to learn some C# at the moment  Smiley

dark143i

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:29:13 PM

Yes, you can definitely wait. And I believe it would correct itself and go back to 1100 or so. Its just a down Trend due to the news in china. Soon will recover. so HOLD Tight Cheesy Good luck.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:30:22 PM

Yes, you can definitely wait. And I believe it would correct itself and go back to 1100 or so. Its just a down Trend due to the news in china. Soon will recover. so HOLD Tight Cheesy Good luck.

+1 very soon we will be hitting $1500 Grin
Vancete

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

BTC will reach 1100 (and so more) again, no doubt.

Lucky you, anyway Wink
BitcoinDenvini

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:44:26 PM

I think 1100 is realistic very soon again.
Michael Robinson

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:50:13 PM

I also bought my first bitcoins at $1050, then watched in dismay as it crashed down to $500.  I couldn't even panic sell, because Coinbase took the money out of my account but hasn't given me my bitcoins yet.  So all I could do is literally watch and question myself nonstop as to whether I made a horrible decision or not.  However, when it hit $500 it suddenly reversed itself, and has been climbing ever since.  I have no doubt now that it will climb back up to what I paid, but now I have a major decision to make at that point...walk away happy I broke even after a near heart attack, or wait and see if it goes higher.  Same boat as you my friend!
il--ya

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:22:08 PM

I also bought my first bitcoins at $1050, then watched in dismay as it crashed down to $500.  I couldn't even panic sell, because Coinbase took the money out of my account but hasn't given me my bitcoins yet.  So all I could do is literally watch and question myself nonstop as to whether I made a horrible decision or not.  However, when it hit $500 it suddenly reversed itself, and has been climbing ever since.  I have no doubt now that it will climb back up to what I paid, but now I have a major decision to make at that point...walk away happy I broke even after a near heart attack, or wait and see if it goes higher.  Same boat as you my friend!
Go to bitcoincharts and look at the trade history for MtGox for the whole period, tick "exponential" box to make it more obvious. You will see that there were crashes before (real crashes, not just corrections like the recent one). It's just babies hiccups now.
Also note that nobody is actually selling bitcoins in panic (red volume bars are relatively low).
http://bit.do/UFKMRm
BaiMangal (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

I'd be interested in looking at the source as I'm trying to learn some C# at the moment  Smiley

ha I am not the best to be copied for programming although I been doing it for close to 15 years now haha

here is a link to the code:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wrnygco1irc2zoh/wbLiAraj7C

after you download and extract the zip files make sure you have Visual Studio 2012 and install Newsoft.Json (Json.net)
It in VS in the packegs the extended options, see the screen shot here http://www.nuget.org/

after you install that create a MSSQL DB and create a schema in it called btcranger then ran the SQL file in the link above

the 2 zip files:
BitstampAPIBridge.zip - contains the project with the a source for a dll that links with the bitstamp API

BTCRanger.zip - conatins the actual bot source
This file has a dll called NMALib it is part of an app for android notifications you can get it from here www.notifymyandroid.com if you want to have notifications send to your phone.

You need to create an API key from bitstamp
You also have to make sure you have correct setting in the App.config for connection to DB and API connetion.

If you find a bug please let me know so I can apply the fix too Smiley

feel free to ask for help with setting the environment. if you only want an EXE to run the bot I can do a build and out it here too

the bot has a zedgraph in it but I would not recommend using it as it slows the program big time. I only was playing around with it.

have fun!

I think I will wait and hope the price will hit back 1100 Smiley after all no body knows hehe

P.S. If I forgot to remove my personal SQL Logins and my API please let me know ASAP so I can change them and prvent ppl playing with my data Smiley
USB mining

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:25:06 PM

is it even legal? in plus500, you get banned for things like that.
peterbyte

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:30:41 PM

yes it is legal. At btc-e you can see how many bots are trading there.
zalzane

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:40:46 AM

is it even legal? in plus500, you get banned for things like that.

mtgox, btce, vircurex, and every other exchange I know of exposes their market data through an API, and allows bots to trade through that API
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: