Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there so many DOGEcoins? Won't that make the value extremely low?  (Read 951 times)
OttRx (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:23:02 PM

After looking around a bit I noticed that there will be 1 billion DOGE coins. Wouldn't that end up with people having tons of them, and them lacking any actual value?
FSKT

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:30:13 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

And why this coin is so attractive?
Wishiwashere

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:48:33 PM

It's like a meme, but then in the form of a coin. All the cool kids are doing it, so why aren't you!
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 11:59:07 PM

The value of each coin will be miniscule. Its actually not that attractive. Its just very east to mine so people will have thousands on them.

Boa

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:23:54 AM

The value of each coin will be miniscule. Its actually not that attractive. Its just very east to mine so people will have thousands on them.
How easy? Easy enough to make some at .1 GH/s?
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 12:32:31 AM

I guess. You will make maybe a thousand or something a day which will be worth a very little amount.

Boa

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:52:30 AM

I guess. You will make maybe a thousand or something a day which will be worth a very little amount.
I'd do it for the fun, so as long as it will get something.
OttRx (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:12:08 AM

If I understood the bigger thread right, a guy is selling 2 mil for 0.1 BTC. We'll see how everything develops. I mean, the currency doesn't have a use as of now, and there's plenty of it. But if there's a huge base for it, I don't understand how the value wouldn't be at the least slightly even.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:18:53 AM

If I understood the bigger thread right, a guy is selling 2 mil for 0.1 BTC. We'll see how everything develops. I mean, the currency doesn't have a use as of now, and there's plenty of it. But if there's a huge base for it, I don't understand how the value wouldn't be at the least slightly even.

What is the current market value of DOGE?

Idig4DOGE

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:44:22 PM

No true market value as of yet and some wildly fluxing deals going down, but for the most part deals have been going at 10K DOGE per USD

Also there's this, http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemarket/comments/1spbn2/coinedupcom_now_supports_dogebtx_exchange/
        which leads to https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=DOGE&base=BTC

And this, though it hasn't been update in a day or so. http://doges.org/index.php?topic=89.0

TO THE MOON! poor shibe. pls donate. DEKPPQBLH7eaFVHFJEPJtRLvyaqdKQ7Hz7 much thanks. such happy.
metzyn

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:20:55 PM

After looking around a bit I noticed that there will be 1 billion DOGE coins. Wouldn't that end up with people having tons of them, and them lacking any actual value?

It's actually 100 billion.

I have a GeForce GTX 680 that is getting ~200 KHs, while my pool generates ~200 MHs, and the net rate is ~600 MHs.
My card was getting ~120 MHs with Bitcoin. I just started last night and have 94k Dogecoins.
Sure, it's worthless... but it's hilarious and quite fun to be part of such a new community.

More like about 100k per day with the existing difficulty.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:08:26 AM

It's actually 100 billion.

I have a GeForce GTX 680 that is getting ~200 KHs, while my pool generates ~200 MHs, and the net rate is ~600 MHs.
My card was getting ~120 MHs with Bitcoin. I just started last night and have 94k Dogecoins.
Sure, it's worthless... but it's hilarious and quite fun to be part of such a new community.

More like about 100k per day with the existing difficulty.

Hah! If its at this rate then 100k = 1 cent or something.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: