Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin going up again  (Read 2897 times)
raskolnikovx (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:37:06 PM

I think it was clear that after this weekend dip Bitcoin would start catching up to its position before all the drama.
Meantime I got some cheap coins that will make me happy once BTC and LTC values return to the 1K area.  Cool
What about you guys?

Did you make profits?
Did you panic sell?
Did you hold?

I wish everybody a nice week!
Rask*
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 10:43:29 PM

I didn't do anything. I remember pirate40 default too brightly yet and know how the weekend dips are. Seriously, I was here witnessing when Bitcoin dropped from 14$ 16$ down to 8$ in August 2012, couldn't care less Tongue Didn't see any news back then yelling "OMG BITCOIN JUST CRASHED 50% of its value" Tongue

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:00:41 PM

In my opinion that is the final energetic flop and we go down fast from here. Just speculation.  Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:16:37 AM

In my opinion that is the final energetic flop and we go down fast from here. Just speculation.  Smiley

Likely. Hoping to see it hit 600 flat before christmas to buy it up cheap. I do have faith in crypto, but there is correction to be made in this bubble before continuing the upward trend into 2014.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:48:11 AM

I dont recommend buying now, but instead just waiting to see what happens next week and have buy orders placed under $700
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:34:20 AM

I fortunately didn't sell but think missed the opportunity to add at lower levels

Now just watching from the sidelines

I_bitcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:38:06 AM

I fortunately didn't sell but think missed the opportunity to add at lower levels

Now just watching from the sidelines

Krusty the clown doesn't wait at the sidelines!

No matter where you go, there you are.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:56:26 AM

Likely. Hoping to see it hit 600 flat before christmas to buy it up cheap. I do have faith in crypto, but there is correction to be made in this bubble before continuing the upward trend into 2014.
This is the correction. Sadly it's up from here (sadly because I can't buy on weekends and have no fiat ready at the moment anyway).

I have noticed a pattern of low activity people preaching doom and gloom. Why is this? Anyone know?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:07:02 AM

Because they bought high and panic sold on the way down and now they want to buy in at cheap.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:15:23 AM

Because they bought high and panic sold on the way down and now they want to buy in at cheap.

Sad but true.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:17:28 AM

I have noticed a pattern of low activity people preaching doom and gloom. Why is this? Anyone know?

Noobs tend to be bears.

With experience many will acquire a more balanced viewpoint, or especially with an intrinsically bullish protocol like Bitcoin, become bulls.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:19:48 AM

best thing about bitcoin, You cant sell what you dont own!!!!! So eventually you will get squezzed the fuck out!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:40:52 AM

HOLY MOTHER GOD

I bought my bitcoin during 200-300 and I have waited patiently for it to make me rich, so I did not sell at any dips, and also did not sell during 1200 or 1100 after the china bad news hit

after it drop pass 800, I started to get panic and thinking will it drop pass 400?

I sold during 700 thinking it would crash to 400

I been washed out?HuhHuh REALLY?HuhHuh

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:59:37 AM

HOLY MOTHER GOD

I bought my bitcoin during 200-300 and I have waited patiently for it to make me rich, so I did not sell at any dips, and also did not sell during 1200 or 1100 after the china bad news hit

after it drop pass 800, I started to get panic and thinking will it drop pass 400?

You're fine, just buy back in really soon, you basically got all the gains from 200-300 to 700, and missed from 700 to now.

Then stop looking at it and just do other stuff for a year or two.
dbanga85

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:35:11 AM

HOLY MOTHER GOD

You're fine, just buy back in really soon, you basically got all the gains from 200-300 to 700, and missed from 700 to now.

Then stop looking at it and just do other stuff for a year or two.

Sorry bro I been here since the fall from 266 to 50 bucks.. I ended up selling at 120 but I still regret selling my coins for cheap. I picked up 31 coins for 100 in October and I will never sell on a dip again once I have seen th3 bitcoin potential.. you should buy back in ASAP or watch the boat sail away

Buy Low Sell HIGH is the Motto...
eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:14:57 AM

puta madreeeeeee china failed. $2000 next stop before xmas
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:26:21 AM

As some people here say, you can't go broke taking a profit Smiley

But really, panic selling is not the way to do it, because next step is panic buying much higher. And thanks for the coins man, I think that's yours I got at $650. Was also planning for it to go lower with orders waiting, but you never know, so you should definitely start buying once it goes down 40-50%. Not selling, sell when it goes up rapidly.

I know this is said here alot, but not many people seem to be able to actually understand it: You start *selling* when everyone's is optimistic and the price is at an alltimehigh, and start *buying* when the price has crashed low and everybody is saying how it would go even lower. You don't mix those up, it's key to having profit. When you panic, you don't do anything, you go take a shower or for a swim, you sit and think, and you come up with a decision, which should end in a limit buy/sell orders, but nothing stupid like "sell all at market". Panic is an immediate instinct that clouds your judgement to a level of a chimpanzee, in that condition human being is capable only of running away screaming, to make somewhat intelligent decisions you need to let panic calm down.

i am satoshi
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:36:18 AM

As some people here say, you can't go broke taking a profit Smiley

But really, panic selling is not the way to do it, because next step is panic buying much higher. And thanks for the coins man, I think that's yours I got at $650. Was also planning for it to go lower with orders waiting, but you never know, so you should definitely start buying once it goes down 40-50%. Not selling, sell when it goes up rapidly.

I know this is said here alot, but not many people seem to be able to actually understand it: You start *selling* when everyone's is optimistic and the price is at an alltimehigh, and start *buying* when the price has crashed low and everybody is saying how it would go even lower. You don't mix those up, it's key to having profit. When you panic, you don't do anything, you go take a shower or for a swim, you sit and think, and you come up with a decision, which should end in a limit buy/sell orders, but nothing stupid like "sell all at market". Panic is an immediate instinct that clouds your judgement to a level of a chimpanzee, in that condition human being is capable only of running away screaming, to make somewhat intelligent decisions you need to let panic calm down.

ok, thanks for the advice, i would then wait for the next crash before i buy in again
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:37:48 AM

ok, thanks for the advice, i would then wait for the next crash before i buy in again

And that's what you should do, if you already have a position. If you don't, then now is as good time as any other to start it. You know that next crash may be from 2000 to 1000.

i am satoshi
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:52:45 AM

It's always a crappy moment to buy. And a month later your in a 200% lead and thinking why didn't I buy more. That's Bitcoin Cheesy

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: