Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock Exchange data manipulation  (Read 445 times)
timau (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:10:46 PM

The fiat currency has been manipulated. I think that stock exchanges are manipulating the value of btc. Btc has no intrinsic value. How do we know that the buy orders and volume are genuine consumers imputing value on btc not bots or fakes? We only see the front end not the back end they can easily change the value of all alt currency.

I am a cryptocurrency believer but it just sounds too shady if it isn't regulated.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 12:13:48 AM

I would like to know this as well. If one excahnge changes their price, wouldnt all others? Otherwise it would obviously look fake.

Here is what I see going on with coinbase:

There is a $20 difference.

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:16:52 AM

The fiat currency has been manipulated. I think that stock exchanges are manipulating the value of btc. Btc has no intrinsic value. How do we know that the buy orders and volume are genuine consumers imputing value on btc not bots or fakes? We only see the front end not the back end they can easily change the value of all alt currency.

I am a cryptocurrency believer but it just sounds too shady if it isn't regulated.

You can test it with buying or selling and make withdrawal.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3276

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:22:11 AM

I would like to know this as well. If one excahnge changes their price, wouldnt all others? Otherwise it would obviously look fake.

Exchanges don't set prices. The buyers and sellers set the prices.

The difference of $20 at Coinbase seems about right. Aren't you aware that Coinbase charges a 1% fee?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 12:34:21 AM

Exchanges don't set prices. The buyers and sellers set the prices.

The difference of $20 at Coinbase seems about right. Aren't you aware that Coinbase charges a 1% fee?

Yes, but I didnt really expect this kind of gap.

DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:57:33 AM

Coinbase is limited by what they can sell or buy bitcoin for, and they only make money in the spread. They are a sort of closed exchange where you can't set your own prices. You can either accept their price and do the exchange at their current rate, or not. Also, with most paper currency exchanges, there is a similar gap between the value of buying and selling a given currency. Coinbase's price to sell bitcoin for USD is low IMO, however.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: