Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:03:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO TALK ABOUT GUNS AND THE SUPREME COURT By Lt. Col. Robert Bateman  (Read 825 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:50:16 PM

Written by an active duty Lt. Colonel in the United States Army

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bateman-on-guns-120313

I am adding the following “Gun Plank” to the Bateman-Pierce platform. Here are some suggestions:

1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.

2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)

3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs — or the jobs of some other cops — harder.)

4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year.

5. We will initiate a nationwide “buy-back” program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years.

6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:55:06 AM

It's pretty clear whose big toes he is licking (since the Bamster doesn't wear boots).
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 05:40:38 AM

So because of one or a few clearly deranged psychopaths ( as is the case with all these things ) we have another case of politicians taking advantage of a families' grief and taking it out on the inanimate object that was used to kill the person rather than looking at the fact that there was clearly something fucking wrong with the murderer.

When exactly are people going to start listening to Doctors about this issue?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:50:31 PM

So because of one or a few clearly deranged psychopaths ( as is the case with all these things ) we have another case of politicians taking advantage of a families' grief and taking it out on the inanimate object that was used to kill the person rather than looking at the fact that there was clearly something fucking wrong with the murderer.

When exactly are people going to start listening to Doctors about this issue?

This case is a bit different. This is a clear political move BUT, again "Written by an active duty Lt. Colonel in the United States Army". He is supposed to swear to defend the Constitution. Once a civilian he can say whatever he wants against it.
Phrenico

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:40:23 AM

Ah yes, blind faith in the principle of stealing to prevent crime. it's a shame that the average person doesn't bat an eyelid at the epic amount of hypocrisy of these people.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:45:02 PM

Why should his opinion mean anything to me? Because he is in the Army? I know far more about guns than most officers.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:48:43 AM

Why should his opinion mean anything to me? Because he is in the Army? I know far more about guns than most officers.

His opinion has more weight than yours because M1 Abrams. The only shield that keeps you safe from using it against you is not your knowledge of guns, but the US Constitution.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:37:02 PM

His opinion has more weight than yours because M1 Abrams. The only shield that keeps you safe from using it against you is not your knowledge of guns, but the US Constitution.
... and my knowledge of the M1A1 weapons platform.  Cool  Frankly, I would be more afraid of an MRAP or an MQ9.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:26:12 PM

... and my knowledge of the M1A1 weapons platform.  Cool  Frankly, I would be more afraid of an MRAP or an MQ9.  Undecided

He represents a platform to make sure you would be the last generation of civilians with that kind of knowledge.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: