Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Python & Java & PHP Programmer  (Read 862 times)
ThatOtherDude (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 01:36:15 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 12:23:25 AM by ThatOtherDude

Hello all,

I am a Python and Java programmer who is looking for work. I prefer coding scripts and smaller programs over large programs but I will accept either. I am also able to do PHP work but nothing too fancy please. I do not have a set rate for my work, make me an offer and I will either accept or decline it.

In addition to being hired by individuals, I will also work free of charge on some things if the program will benefit the entire Bitcoin community. I currently do not have any ideas for programs like these so it would be great if people could suggest some.

I currently do not have a reputation around here so if there is a program that is lacking in the community, let me know and I will see what I can do about it and and probably release it for free.

Thanks.

Edit 8/14/11: Added support for PHP
ThatOtherDude (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 12:22:43 AM

Just bumping this thread from page 5. My services are still available and I am always happy to help any way I can.
gopher

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:28:20 AM

Hello all,

I am a Python and Java programmer who is looking for work. I prefer coding scripts and smaller programs over large programs but I will accept either. I am also able to do PHP work but nothing too fancy please. I do not have a set rate for my work, make me an offer and I will either accept or decline it.

In addition to being hired by individuals, I will also work free of charge on some things if the program will benefit the entire Bitcoin community. I currently do not have any ideas for programs like these so it would be great if people could suggest some.

I currently do not have a reputation around here so if there is a program that is lacking in the community, let me know and I will see what I can do about it and and probably release it for free.

Thanks.

Edit 8/14/11: Added support for PHP

Hi,

I can think of number of codes that the Bitcoin community could make a good use of.

1. Client side Java Bitcoin payment module - there are number of those out there already, but all of them use server based gateway - a pure client will be much more useful for a P2P currency - this one should be executed on trough a web-browser and have the functionality to use local Bitcoin addresses for payment, receiving as well as check the transaction and confirmations on the Network - without reliance on any central server or gateway component.

2. Fully integrated, all-in-one, front- and back-end of a mining pool - useful for private or public pool mining - the reason there are so few mining pools is the complexity of setting up pushpoold and integrating it with bitcoind and then the web front-end. A python script that takes care of this complexity and makes it easy for a novice to install this in a single step will go a long way in this community.

3. Simple Python and PHP based single currency to BTC automatic exchange script - there are some free exchange scripts out there, again, the implementation is only easy for their creators and very difficult to the average Bitcoin user who wants to try to create some utility value for the Bitcoin.

I am personally prepared to hire you to write the No.3, and on completion to release that code to the public under GNU, if you charge reasonable amount for that work, of course.

Let's discuss more, what others think?

ThatOtherDude (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:49:21 PM

Hi,

I can think of number of codes that the Bitcoin community could make a good use of.

1. Client side Java Bitcoin payment module - there are number of those out there already, but all of them use server based gateway - a pure client will be much more useful for a P2P currency - this one should be executed on trough a web-browser and have the functionality to use local Bitcoin addresses for payment, receiving as well as check the transaction and confirmations on the Network - without reliance on any central server or gateway component.

2. Fully integrated, all-in-one, front- and back-end of a mining pool - useful for private or public pool mining - the reason there are so few mining pools is the complexity of setting up pushpoold and integrating it with bitcoind and then the web front-end. A python script that takes care of this complexity and makes it easy for a novice to install this in a single step will go a long way in this community.

3. Simple Python and PHP based single currency to BTC automatic exchange script - there are some free exchange scripts out there, again, the implementation is only easy for their creators and very difficult to the average Bitcoin user who wants to try to create some utility value for the Bitcoin.

I am personally prepared to hire you to write the No.3, and on completion to release that code to the public under GNU, if you charge reasonable amount for that work, of course.

Let's discuss more, what others think?

Hello gopher. Thanks for your input.

1) I have actually been interested in making such a module but just have not gotten around to doing so, yet.
2) Unfortunately , I have not really gotten into pools much so I do not know much about their inner-works.
3) Could you please elaborate on this one, it seems like something I may be interested in working on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: