Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:02:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/MP Scam - Mhahollifield  (Read 1958 times)
BryanK (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:57:18 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 03:25:51 AM by BryanK

Username: Mhahollifield
Also goes by the name of Michael Hollifield
Lives in the following area: Ferndale WA / Bellingham WA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michael.hollifield.16
Phone Number: 9717174798 or 971-717-4798
email: mhahollifield@gmail.com or mhahollifield@yahoo.com (Google displays many results, including a "Small Business Loan" and "Single Christians")

The Deal: I send 300 MoneyPak and he sends .5 BTC (btc price was at about 650/coin at the time)
We discussed via Skype and Text Message. We even exchanged photo ID's.

After I sent MP, he said he was going to verify the codes at 7/11 and the game began from there. Any communication after that was the fact that he couldn't verify, received invalid user (even printed out a receipt showing so), claiming FBI seized it, and more. I checked the cards that night, and they were emptied. He said he was having computer issues and customer service was closed.

The games continued the following morning and through the afternoon until he just stopped responding.

Since then I have taken steps. Contacted MoneyPak to track the transactions, contacted my California Lawyer (whom I have had on retainer for some time now), and more. My lawyer will be taking steps this week...

Honestly, I don't care about the $300 bucks. I make that in less than a day's work. Its just principal now. I have no problem spending cash out of pocket to pursue a scammer.

In any event, I wanted to warn you all.

Thanks
Bryan

PS - If he just contacts me again and evens things out, I'm more than willing to retract anything I have written and call my dogs (lawyer) off Wink
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:16:35 AM

I know someone who dealt with him through western union, that is his real name, and Ferndale is where he sent from.

Good luck and hope you get him.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:18:18 AM

Well it's a good thing you used escrow, isn't it?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:19:04 AM

Almost did a deal with him for a 340 moneypak.

Decided not to go through because of no escrow.
maxxoccupancy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:20:05 AM

Dude looks like another druggie.

There are so many worthless scammers out there.  They make doing business impossible.

I would like to work on development of a polymorphic altcoin that maintains a stable value and is more resistant to fraud.
btc: 15diNSNVontYf5iUvQqnLSQJ9rCAHuwpyJ   betyourbits.com      LTC: LRqVTEPcS7uusMy7JDqYEUg6KqdhfRWC5B
DogECoin: DDHG719WNCCav5MWQQqyxLABFhZTG3jwX3     QRK:  QdKnP5SqoG9r4CNuFcY1oesaYUAsu1W5hF
BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:20:38 AM

Well it's a good thing you used escrow, isn't it?

I couldn't find anyone and he was vouching that DannyHamilton "backed his transactions"... and it was late. So i know.. My mistake, but his bad for being scammy lol
BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:21:26 AM

Almost did a deal with him for a 340 moneypak.

Decided not to go through because of no escrow.

Yeah man good thing. was he selling .5 btc to you as well?
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:22:19 AM

Man, sorry you got scammed. I didn't mean to be so snippy with my comment, but it pisses me off when people get scammed over and over using the same godamn techniques. I marked that fuckface with negative trust.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:23:22 AM

Man, sorry you got scammed. I didn't mean to be so snippy with my comment, but it pisses me off when people get scammed over and over using the same godamn techniques. I marked that fuckface with negative trust.

Thanks, and I get it. After talking for a while he seemed alright... Even joked around a bit. But w/e I guess it was all part of the game.
BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:24:30 AM

He also sent me his photo id, in which has his job's name on it. My lawyer will be in touch with them as well. Apparently its a "Security" Clearance.. lol
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:26:41 AM

DO NOT HIRE THIEF MICHAEL HOLLIFIELD OF FERNDALE, WA

Username: Mhahollifield
Also goes by the name of Michael Hollifield
Lives in the following area: Ferndale WA / Bellingham WA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michael.hollifield.16
Phone Number: 9717174798 or 971-717-4798
email: mhahollifield@gmail.com or mhahollifield@yahoo.com (Google displays many results, including a "Small Business Loan" and "Single Christians")

BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:31:11 AM

Thanks Tomatocage  Tongue
letunovskeye

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:06:51 AM

OP, when was the deal you're claiming went bad?  And what's this about funds being seized by the FBI - do you have screen shots from PMs or was that communicated by text message?   That said, it's unfortunate that his personal information is posted here - this can haunt him for years to come if Google and other search engines index these threads.

Needless to say, the other reason I am posting here is because the user in question contacted me by PM and stated he was a trusted seller who had awesome prices (considering the price gouging by certain localbitcoins sellers, that was a relief), accepted WU or MP, offered to send me a copy of his gov't issued ID and use Danny for escrow.   Since I haven't made a deal yet and am still looking to buy, my review of him is neutral at this time.  
BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:16:39 AM

OP, when was the deal you're claiming went bad?  And what's this about funds being seized by the FBI - do you have screen shots from PMs or was that communicated by text message?   That said, it's unfortunate that his personal information is posted here - this can haunt him for years to come if Google and other search engines index these threads.

Needless to say, the other reason I am posting here is because the user in question contacted me by PM and stated he was a trusted seller who had awesome prices (considering the price gouging by certain localbitcoins sellers, that was a relief), accepted WU or MP, offered to send me a copy of his gov't issued ID and use Danny for escrow.   Since I haven't made a deal yet and am still looking to buy, my review of him is neutral at this time.  

I have everything (screenshots, communication, etc) backed up on a flash drive for my lawyer as well as sent via email to him. Secondly, the same claims can be said for every deal he has tried here in the forums. Offering to provide government ID (which is just a contractor ID), and Danny as escrow support. Doing a deal with a member doesn't mean they back you and your deals, even if you are a trusted member.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:53:07 PM

. . . he was vouching that DannyHamilton "backed his transactions" . . .

I do not "back" anybody's transactions.

I do hold escrow for transactions when I'm available.

I have sold bitcoins to Mhahollifield, but (as described in the feedback I left on his trust page) he sent first so I took no risk.

BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:16:05 PM

. . . he was vouching that DannyHamilton "backed his transactions" . . .

I do not "back" anybody's transactions.

I do hold escrow for transactions when I'm available.

I have sold bitcoins to Mhahollifield, but (as described in the feedback I left on his trust page) he sent first so I took no risk.

Yeah definitely agree with you Danny. That is why I sent you that PM so that you were aware and put your argument up.

Seems as though he scammed a couple people here in the forum. I have received a couple PM's in regards to his lack of responsiveness.
I have been in touch with a few individuals with some legal importance. They will be in touch with the individual we speak of....
BryanK (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:48:05 PM

I almost sold Mhahollifield some litecoin. He wanted me to send first, so I recommended a trusted escrow agent instead, one who offers free escrow and was online at the time. Mhahollifield never replied, this explains why.

Thanks for posting.

Im very happy to have helped in preventing another scam. Thanks for posting!
caminilegroup

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:30:09 PM

It looks like he is at it again.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370233.new#new
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:37:06 PM

LOL. He used the same phone number. Couldn't be more obvious.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: