Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:43:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Bitcoin to go mainstream, we have to advance past B2C to B2B.  (Read 5413 times)
gabriella (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:30:26 AM

you see, all the talks we have heard have been focused on the consumer side e.g. how someone walk into starbucks and buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin.

actually bitcoin gives more superior advantages in usage for companies who trade with other companies.

an example would be a cafe chain in malaysia buying 200 coffee makers from its maker in italy.

any ideas how we can promote that?
Bitlend

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:43:29 AM

Yes bitcoin could be very much suited to the B2B area more so than the daily consumer spend at the local cafe.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:35:14 PM

might be a good idea.
deed02392

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:47:20 PM

This is a difficult thing to promote as of course fewer of us are in touch with those in supply chain than we are coffee shop franchisees.

Perhaps it is worth taking an interest in where the decision makers hang-out online (if they do). If they don't then perhaps we draw them in by creating resources targeted at giving them an understanding of advantages it has for them.

Beyond that, we can but hope that those in the know simply choose to use it and it gets promoted from within because of its obvious advantages in sending monies overseas for minimal fees.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:26:56 PM

Well this is a wonderful idea.  I guess we would have luck advertising in the news papers in the business section.  Not the idea the OP had in mind I'm just throwing it out there.

StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:59:59 PM

This needs Bitcoin evangelists in CEO, CFO, VP Sales, or Owner positions in B2B companies. It also needs Bitcoin holders in the purchasing departments. My company is on board, with a "Pay with Bitcoin" button right next to the "Pay with PayPal" button. Is yours?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:30:25 PM

I recently saw a good example of this here on Bitcointalk.

A Public Relations company, with some big-name corporate customers, now accepts Bitcoin. The Loop is gradually closing.

Vires in numeris
mikenash100

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:13:09 PM

I think B2B btc transactions might not have the volume that might be needed to make it mainstream as you say. While it will no doubt be a good thing, but ultimately, from my observation the rise in popularity in bitcoins(from a customer usage perspective, as opposed to speculators seeking to profit) has been more as a result of people (Customers) hearing about it and researching it and taking a gamble on using it, and businesses seeing the interest  bitcoins generate in their clients mind and choosing to offer same as a payment option.

Methinks a lot of B2B's will be reluctant to adopt bitcoins because of the uncertainty and un-regulation of the currency, and at such will want some sort of security in cases of disputes for instance. But when a lot of a company's clients demand it, a forward thinking company will listen to the voice of that customer.

Solution? Slow and steady wins the race. Small, sustained growth and use of bitcoins (be it B2B or B2C) will see it become more mainstream. Not to mention it getting some more positive comments/actions from the powers that be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: