Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Discussion about the Dec 8th IRC chat [NOT Moderated]  (Read 1169 times)
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:05:49 AM

Hey, The chat with Ken has caused much speculation. I have pulled some of the main useful bits of information and added them to my moderated 'knowledge' thread, but people want to dicuss this IRC chat so I decided to move that conversation here.

IRC Chat 8th December with Ken:
http://pastebin.com/rYFm41U5

My Moderated thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361930.0

Begin conversation:

Dec 08 03:42:57 <AMC-CEO>       No, nothing to do with them, he had a number of shares of ActiveMining that we have attached with a lien.
Dec 08 03:43:08 <zefyr0s>       ahh that works
Dec 08 03:43:26 <AMC-CEO>       So, we got luckly.
Dec 08 03:43:53 <[8]>   Seems fair enough.
Dec 08 03:45:45 <AMC-CEO>       So, we will sell them to cover the 106 plus legal fees.
Dec 08 03:46:27 <chairforce1>   sell the shares?
Dec 08 03:46:42 <AMC-CEO>       Yes
Dec 08 03:47:13 <chairforce1>   well this is putting a lot of faith in having enough volume to carry out that trade
Dec 08 03:47:20 <zefyr0s>       err that's a bunch of shares
Dec 08 03:47:43 <AMC-CEO>       Not all at once.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy looooo

*Dec 08 04:02:26 <AMC-CEO>       As, I said above, I can only release certain information in our Announcement thread, due to SEC reg.

Ken can't talk about chips because da SEC Cheesy

The fact that he can seize Ukyo's shares is actually good news.

Not to the shareholders trying to unload their shares Undecided
(Those shares have to be sold)
I'm not even sure it was ActM or Ken's coin.

Have to agree with that. Was it AcTM's money on there or is Ken doing this to make up for money he lost? I doubt he'll put up a sell wall at the start of trading though. From my understanding he will let the buyers/sellers determine the price and go from there.

Have to agree with that. Was it AcTM's money on there or is Ken doing this to make up for money he lost? I doubt he'll put up a sell wall at the start of trading though. From my understanding he will let the buyers/sellers determine the price and go from there.

It's ActM's according to the Nov 30th Announcement:

Quote from: kslaughter
Bitfunder/WeExchange Problems:

We have ~106 BTC in the Bitfunder/WeExchange system which we can not obtain.  We have sent Bitfunder's/WeExchange's Ukyo a Legal Demand For Payment within 72 hours.  We expect this problem to result in the loss of the 106 BTC.  We are meeting with our Lawyers to determine what our next steps will be. This 106 BTC has been deducted from our liquid cash position above.

It's ActM's according to the Nov 30th Announcement:

Quote from: kslaughter
Bitfunder/WeExchange Problems:

We have ~106 BTC in the Bitfunder/WeExchange system which we can not obtain.  We have sent Bitfunder's/WeExchange's Ukyo a Legal Demand For Payment within 72 hours.  We expect this problem to result in the loss of the 106 BTC.  We are meeting with our Lawyers to determine what our next steps will be. This 106 BTC has been deducted from our liquid cash position above.

Thank you

Good news everyone!  Another reason why Ken can't provide info:
Dec 08 04:13:24 <Kleeck>        It seems that once you're shipping miners the information is public - so why not control the flow of information by releasing your own perfomance video/announcement?
Dec 08 04:13:55 <AMC-CEO>       Well, it takes a lot of time, I am going to be very busy, do some programming in the next few weeks.
 Smiley

*The entire thing is pretty lulzy, here's the pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/rYFm41U5

**Dec 08 04:15:10 <AMC-CEO>       I know, but do remember when we had one and a board, what did they do.
Dec 08 04:15:25 <Kleeck>        Not get much information from you, if I recall.
Dec 08 04:15:31 <Kleeck>        And then get frustrated and leave.
Dec 08 04:16:03 <AMC-CEO>       I trusted them, so now it takes a lot more for me to trust someone.  We will get one when the time is right.

***Dec 08 04:19:38 <AMC-CEO>       I am not ignore shareholders, you have to understand that in our internet world information travels fast to our competition and vendors and customers.

****Dec 08 04:20:30 <AMC-CEO>       Just talked to eASIC on Friday and they are getting a lot of emails from Investors, which is buging them.

*****Dec 08 04:24:38 <AMC-CEO>       Investors want to know every detail.
Dec 08 04:24:47 <Kleeck>        We aren't asking for every detail.
Dec 08 04:24:48 <zefyr0s>       would be happy with some
Dec 08 04:25:06 <AMC-CEO>       I gave you some and you are still not happy.

Lol, please read the whole thing -- i just realized i'm posting the entire thing in small chunks Cheesy

Yes if they are sold it will be supported by buyers, but at least it gives some kind of leverage before they are actually sold (that would mean all hope to see those 106 BTC is lost).

Yes if they are sold it will be supported by buyers, but at least it gives some kind of leverage before they are actually sold (that would mean all hope to see those 106 BTC is lost).

Why would you think it gives leverage?  Depending upon how many shares are involved Ukyo is likely to be very pleased with swapping worthless stock for 106 BTC.

Feel free to continue the discussion about the chat here:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:06:48 AM

Personally I found the jokes about it being a scam was in bad taste, but Ken has had a very stressful week so I am hoping it was just a one off thing.
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:28:43 AM

Why would you think it gives leverage?  Depending upon how many shares are involved Ukyo is likely to be very pleased with swapping worthless stock for 106 BTC.
Well yes it depends on how many shares he has and share prices both of which I have no idea.

The crazy thing is that 106 Bitcoin is now such a large amount of money. Without knowing how many shares Ukyo had/has it's difficult to determine if this is a good deal.

Does anyone know? I expect it to be 100,000 +
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:09:20 AM

technically, the easy way to distribute that money to the shareholders would be to destroy his shares instead of selling them.  By decreasing the total shares, you have now distributed that value amount through the whole system.. without any market impact

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:26:34 AM

technically, the easy way to distribute that money to the shareholders would be to destroy his shares instead of selling them.  By decreasing the total shares, you have now distributed that value amount through the whole system.. without any market impact

Where's the fun in that?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:28:13 AM

Far too sensible VE
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:37:49 AM

Far too sensible VE

Sorry..

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:45:06 AM

I got accused of being VE one time recently
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:53:56 AM

Shocked
I "accused" someone else (well, in PM) to be VE Cheesy

Really? Haha I can't imagine who...

VE is certainly a unique character on these forums.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:22:40 AM

Shocked
I "accused" someone else (well, in PM) to be VE Cheesy

kslaughter?  Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: