Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I make a coin?  (Read 27692 times)
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:16:35 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 02:32:16 AM by TribalBob

We need a thread that deals with killing clone coins rather than making new ones.
Copycats are just bad for the environment , we need real new coins with some advantages , not tweaks on Bitcoin

You worry too much, you should encourage people to explore bitcoin's code and learn more about it. Yes, there will be a bunch of random clones, but there will also be people who will have new and innovative ideas.

The code is really not that complicated to learn for people who are willing to put forth the time and effort.

I think people should be able to freely clone and edit the source with as much ease as possible, it will encourage people to create niche coins for their own online websites and applications.

There's enough room online in the crypto world for more than just Bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:20:11 AM

We need a thread that deals with killing clone coins rather than making new ones.
Copycats are just bad for the environment , we need real new coins with some advantages , not tweaks on Bitcoin

You worry too much, you should encourage people to explore bitcoin's code and learn more about it. Yes, there will be a bunch of random clones, but there will also be people who will have new and innovative ideas.

Python is really not that complicated to learn for people who are willing to put forth the time and effort.

I think people should be able to freely clone and edit the source with as much ease as possible, it will encourage people to create niche coins for their own online websites and applications.

Yeah , people can explore the bitcoin node , and it's something they should do
But people shouldn't copy the code , replace bit with world cat beer junk , premine at least 20% , give 1% in giveaway on bitcointalk , and pay around 10 shills for support on the board.

Also , each coin is drawing hashpower from others , making all of them weaker.

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

But people shouldn't copy the code , replace bit with world cat beer junk , premine at least 20% , give 1% in giveaway on bitcointalk , and pay around 10 shills for support on the board.

Well, in that case it's really the exchange owners who are to blame for accepting bribes to put coins which offer nothing new on their exchanges...

But there's nothing wrong with John Doe who wants to make a coin and starts by doing a simple clone with only basic changes just to walk through the process once and learn what it is he is doing and how the program works, where all the functionality takes place and what will/won't break the program when it's messed with.

And I really don't care if it takes hashpower away from other networks, people should feel free to mine whatever they want, wherever they want, when ever they want. If a network can't stand up to a loss in hashing power then that coin was flawed to begin with.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:45:55 AM

Well, in that case it's really the exchange owners who are to blame for accepting bribes to put coins which offer nothing new on their exchanges...

But there's nothing wrong with John Doe who wants to make a coin and starts by doing a simple clone with only basic changes just to walk through the process once and learn what it is he is doing and how the program works, where all the functionality takes place and what will/won't break the program when it's messed with.

And I really don't care if it takes hashpower away from other networks, people should feel free to mine whatever they want, wherever they want, when ever they want. If a network can't stand up to a loss in hashing power then that coin was flawed to begin with.

Picture it in other way.
A company running a factory in town x , goes to town y where their main competitor is running his business , start a new factory and offer three times the payout. Because the second owner can't afford it and can't find qualified peoples he has to close it down (51% attack). Then with the competitor gone , the guy from town x will also close the second factory and leave the people unemployed.

This is the way scamcoins feed.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:46:31 AM

Tweaks on devcoin are the way to go

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:48:52 AM

The code is really not that complicated to learn for people who are willing to put forth the time and effort.

Exactly I can't wait to see an application you can just download and enter values into boxes then have a selection of coins to clone and click "create coin" then a share on facebook and twitter button

Everyone in the world would know how to make coins and people that were good with computers would all want to manipulate the codes

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:57:23 AM

Picture it in other way.
A company running a factory in town x , goes to town y where their main competitor is running his business , start a new factory and offer three times the payout. Because the second owner can't afford it and can't find qualified peoples he has to close it down (51% attack). Then with the competitor gone , the guy from town x will also close the second factory and leave the people unemployed.

I understand your theory, but my point is (as I said): "If a network can't stand up to a loss in hashing power then that coin was flawed to begin with."

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:10:44 AM

Picture it in other way.

I understand your theory, but my point is (as I said): "If a network can't stand up to a loss in hashing power then that coin was flawed to begin with."

No coins , not even bitcoin is able to deal with a hashpower issue generated by somebody willingly losing money to drive miners out..
Maybe in the future , but not right now.

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:14:54 AM

Picture it in other way.

No coins , not even bitcoin is able to deal with a hashpower issue generated by somebody willingly losing money to drive miners out..

The Bitcoin network is increasing in hashpower every day, the difficulty has been increasing ~15% every 11 days for sometime now with even higher spikes more recently.

I promise, a couple of startup coins that 90% of which will never see an exchange will never be able to hurt Bitcoin's hashrate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:24:26 AM

Picture it in other way.

The Bitcoin network is increasing in hashpower every day, the difficulty has been increasing ~15% every 11 days for sometime now with even higher spikes more recently.

I promise, a couple of startup coins that 90% of which will never see an exchange will never be able to hurt Bitcoin's hashrate.

Hihi , that's because bitcoin is sha256 , and most coins are scrypt , just for marketing , 'gave coins to the poor' slogan .

The LTC people on the other side are getting nervous.
A mining pool that has a lot of new miners , mining for crazy for the most profitable coin out there , rewarding them 10 times as more with a fake coins  would gain enough power to make a hit on the LTC network if they make the switch.
Until the miners realize what they are doing it will be a little late Smiley
But lets' hope it won't happen.
sonicby

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:44:43 AM

Clone novacoin.
It has a combined generation mechanism.
Resistance to 51% attack.

What is combined generation mechanism?
50 %  coins generated by  "proof of work".
50 % coins generated by "proof of stake".
Attack with hash power impossible.
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:48:40 AM

Clone novacoin.
It has a combined generation mechanism.
Resistance to 51% attack.

What is combined generation mechanism?
50 %  coins generated by  "proof of work".
50 % coins generated by "proof of stake".
Attack with hash power impossible.

No , to be a novacoin clone you must first premine 200k of the coins. Also since nvc is based on ppc , it is a clone itself.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:25:43 AM

If there is a market for those crap coins then so be it. I think informing people about how those coins usually end is enough.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:57:14 PM

If there is a market for those crap coins then so be it. I think informing people about how those coins usually end is enough.

Sure clones never make it but there is never a coin based on anything

Like a Bitcointalk coin or a USA coin or a Medicare coin or NAFTA coin

Just something people can actually get behind

ocean59

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:31:19 AM

What exactly is your understanding of bitcoin, and how it came to be? Truly curious.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:27:18 PM

What exactly is your understanding of bitcoin, and how it came to be? Truly curious.

I learned about it after learning about the silk road I joined the silk road as I was interested in the whole idea but I never used it Because I do not use hard drugs so I had no use for it

I started watching here shortly after and joined the facebook groups I have been watching altcoins and been wanting to make one for a while Then with the birth of doge I realized that I needed to stop waiting to make a coin before it was too late

My understanding of bitcoin is that it needs to be known about by everyone and is not yet
My understanding of bitcoin is that most people misunderstand it as a volatile market when it is actually just a market that has not even gotten started
My understanding of bitcoin is that it needs altcoins to bring new people to it
My understanding of bitcoin is that it is the future of currency

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:11:09 PM

I heard that China isn't letting people put money on the exchanges any more

So time is prime for a series of Asia coins

Russia Coin
Singapore Coin
India Coin

As well as Chinese regional coins

Anhui (安徽) — Hefei (合肥)
Fujian (福建) — Fuzhou (福州)
Gansu (甘肃) — Lanzhou (兰州)
Guangdong (广东) — Guangzhou (广州)
Guizhou (贵州) — Guiyang (贵阳)
Hainan (海南) — Haikou (海口)
Hebei (河北) — Shijiazhuang (石家庄)
Heilongjiang (黑龙江) — Harbin (哈尔滨)
Henan (河南) — Zhengzhou (郑州)
Hubei (湖北) — Wuhan (武汉)
Hunan (湖南) — Changsha (长沙)
Jiangsu (江苏) — Nanjing (南京)
Jiangxi (江西) — Nanchang (南昌)
Jilin (吉林) — Changchun (长春)
Liaoning (辽宁) — Shenyang (沈阳)
Qinghai (青海) — Xining (西宁)
Shaanxi (陕西) — Xi'an (西安)
Shandong (山东) — Jinan (济南)
Shanxi (山西) — Taiyuan (太原)
Sichuan (四川) — Chengdu (成都)
Yunnan (云南) — Kunming (昆明)
Zhejiang (浙江) — Hangzhou (杭州)

Guangxi Zhuang (广西壮族) — Nanning (南宁)
Inner Mongolia (内蒙古) — Hohhot (呼和浩特)
Ningxia Hui (宁夏回族) — Yinchuan (银川)
Xinjiang Uighur (新疆维吾尔族) — Urumqi (乌鲁木齐)
Tibet (西藏) — Lhasa (拉萨)

Hong Kong (香港)
Macau (澳门)

Beijing Municipality (北京)
Chongqing Municipality (重庆)
Shanghai Municipality (上海)
Tianjin Municipality (天津)

pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:22:59 AM

How is that going to help the situation?  Roll Eyes

zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:36:04 AM

get a better name for it pls
like ShekelCoin or FeelCoin
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

How is that going to help the situation?  Roll Eyes

Because if they have regional coins they will be able to identify then they will mine them and tell friends in their region to mine them

Then eventually China would not need cash to buy coins They could just use their cash to buy computer equipment and use altcoins to buy bitcoins

It is the only way to keep China in the game now that they can't use their money Otherwise they will just drop crypto over time

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: