Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:02:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Mails for the future of Bitcoin  (Read 3498 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:50:17 PM

Nice idea, many have thought of it already, but it has to come from potential customers if we want companies to react. Emails shall say plainly that the persons writing want to buy right away to avoid being mistaken for spammers.

So I guess that target companies shall be very carefully selected, and that you shall begin by finding a product or service that many here want to order.

I mainly got the emails for computer, tech and gas companies since all of us use those things

newtothescene

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:06:43 PM

Just an update - most of the companies I wrote to haven't responded.  The few that did have a canned response along the lines of "thanks for writing us, your input is important, we will respond sometime in the next decade if this is urgent" or something similar.

Obviously I wasn't expected them to immediately write back a personal note explaining that they expect to have a system setup this week for accepting crypto currency, but I did want to reply back to the thread with an update. 

To some degree this is like a squeeky wheel - the more people inquire, the higher on their list it will be to address. 
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:16:56 PM

Just an update - most of the companies I wrote to haven't responded.  The few that did have a canned response along the lines of "thanks for writing us, your input is important, we will respond sometime in the next decade if this is urgent" or something similar.

Obviously I wasn't expected them to immediately write back a personal note explaining that they expect to have a system setup this week for accepting crypto currency, but I did want to reply back to the thread with an update. 

To some degree this is like a squeeky wheel - the more people inquire, the higher on their list it will be to address. 

Yeah I haven't been getting very many quick replies What I have posted here is what I have gotten still waiting on most companies

The gas companies just said that gas stations are independently owned and that it is up to the owner So I suggest teaching local gas station clerks about bitpay whenever you are there and maybe putting bitcoin stickers on pumps so that other people think that the gas station already accepts it and go in ready to use them After like 4 incidents like that the station will just start accepting them

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:09:27 PM

As kind of a joke I wrote emails to some big software developers (Microsoft, Apple, Adobe). They probably won't respond but it was fun asking for support for an open source project. lol

fitbobcat

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:15:56 PM

Anyone remember the name of that site that lists all the emails for acceptign bitcoin

16XxqtX2AcfRt8J4KGWLxQbs8CQVA1HaDW
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

How about using something like this: http://download.cnet.com/Bigg-Mass-Mailer/3000-2369_4-75925862.html?tag=mncol;5

All we need is relevant address lists.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:28:32 PM

We should all start joining social media sites and sending out PMs about bitpay and bitcoin atms

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: