Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prospero X-3 (2000Ghash/second)  (Read 1919 times)
flexgroo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:48:01 AM

can someone help me out with the bigger miners, as in power... will a normal house socket work for it to plug in? or do i need a bigger amp fuse, also i am in the usa, but i work in afghanistan would it work fine at both places?

thanks for any help, also what are the odds 2 th/s will be enough in feb?
jerem2398

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:52:17 AM

Regular wall outlet should work fine if you live in the United States. As for profitability it really depends on the fluctuations of bitcoin and where this train eventually(hopefully) stabilizes out to. I am considering buying one as well.

Edit- Looks like Afghanistan will work too, just be sure to buy outlet converter to step down the volts .
reikokuko

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:06:38 PM

i am in the usa, but i work in afghanistan

That is quite the drive  Tongue
flexgroo (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:59:10 AM

lol yeah its a long drive, heheh, almost two days in the air, because company gets cheapest tickets, but power here in afghanistan would be free, and that would help out a lot, when some of the new miners have 1500 to 2000 watts....
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:02:43 AM

On their website it says it draws 1050 Watts which is fine to use on a regular US plug, just don't have anything else on the circuit.  But, in general, what a company predict it will draw and what it actually draws might not be the same.  That is if it ever ships.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
reikokuko

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:32:19 PM

I'm looking into buying 2 of them, but I live in an apartment so I'm not sure if I should run them here =\ I'm trying to get more information about the circuits here, but no one seems to know lol.

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:40:24 PM

they will run fine if not on the same breaker and it's a fairly dead circuit. Check how many breakers you have in your panel, does each bedroom have it's own? plug one into each room, I wouldnt run them both off the same plug.
reikokuko

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:46:07 PM

they will run fine if not on the same breaker and it's a fairly dead circuit. Check how many breakers you have in your panel, does each bedroom have it's own? plug one into each room, I wouldnt run them both off the same plug.

I don't even know where my panel is (I haven't really looked).  It's a 2 bedroom with a living room and kitchen so I imagine it should be fairly safe plugging in each one in a different room although I hope none of them are sharing a circuit with the kitchen.  I'll look harder for that panel lol.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:16:31 PM

Kitchens normally run a 20amp circuit. If you put them there lol.
Hopefully your house is split. Just find the panel and see if it says. If not, plug some lamps in and start flipping to see what turns off where.

You could likely run them off the same circuit. But would be easy to pop.

Bedrooms with a shared wall likely share a circuit.

Than again codes change. So it depends how old the place is... If the guy who did the work do it right. Etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: