Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't anyone else suspicious?  (Read 2230 times)
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:17:53 PM

I don't know but I'm gonna watch this thread and see what other think about this.  Seems like mining is becoming a seedy business more and more.  Would be nice if there was more competition among the mining companies.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:53:11 AM

People pre ordering are taking their risks and i don't know why they are angry or edgy. I mean they have every right but so far this is what usually happens with pre orders so they should know better.
Septimus

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:30:19 PM

The whole concept of BTC is suspicious; anonymous man creates the currency, no name companies arrive with no histories and start creating chips/devices for currency, feds popularize it...and now suddenly we have a million dollar (TAXABLE) industry out of thin air that doesn't maintain it's anonymity when it trickles down to us. Not to mention the chips/devices require continuous expensive upgrades to make sure they're noticeable on bank statements.  Hell yes I'm suspicious.
rethyk

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:55:26 PM

call me naive or foolish if you want, though some of the companies listed have shipped product before.  what that tells me is they have some sort of idea of what is required to give accurate ship dates and are not flying by the seat of their pants as was the case with BFL, but lets not talk about them.  I will admit that I've got a pre-order for a BA X-1 and thinking about a 2nd unit if I see progress and a finalized design but at the same time I'm only spending money that I know I won't miss in case things go really south.  the biggest problem is people are stretching themselves and aiming to be dependent on the money that they should be bringing in with the miners and if you ask me that's just asking for trouble.
Septimus

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:58:42 PM

call me naive or foolish if you want, though some of the companies listed have shipped product before.  what that tells me is they have some sort of idea of what is required to give accurate ship dates and are not flying by the seat of their pants as was the case with BFL, but lets not talk about them.  I will admit that I've got a pre-order for a BA X-1 and thinking about a 2nd unit if I see progress and a finalized design but at the same time I'm only spending money that I know I won't miss in case things go really south.  the biggest problem is people are stretching themselves and aiming to be dependent on the money that they should be bringing in with the miners and if you ask me that's just asking for trouble.

It's the money you won't miss that business loves the most.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:20:27 PM

Its not hard to believe at all Mr Bob, its just the first I've heard it explained that way.

BA also need to test each unit before it ships.  You have to do it somewhere.
At least with the Prospero, they are offering to do the QC with your bitcoin key, I have not heard of any other manufacturer doing this.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: